A Rebellion mod for Empire at War ?

Pierre

It would be cool to have a "Rebellion" mod for EAW.

That would include:

- build times dramatically increased,

- prices dramatically increased,

- maintenance economy,

- MORE (a lot more) characters and the ability for them to make missions... like sabotage installations.

- Popular support feature, influencing the garrisons necessities...

Ah... Forget it. Rebellion is so far ahead of EAW... Why is video games industry is going backward ? Don't answaer that, I know.

Pierre,

Always up for a rebellion game,

Hardly waiting for a rebellion 2.

Ah... Forget it. Rebellion is so far ahead of EAW... Why is video games industry is going backward ? Don't answaer that, I know.

I'm still wondering why it's been 1998 since the last time LEC put out a space simulator... X-Wing Alliance was bit bland with the story line... the original Tie Fighter for DOS (1994) had an amazing storyline and the missions were very involving for a game of the time. I would like to see a modern graphic engine with dx9.0c or Vista's dx10 for a Star Wars space sim... Tie Fighter 2!

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I guess the market's geniuses that lead LucasArts think we're not numerous enough.

I'm afraid they're right also. :(

Pierre,

Always up for a rebellion game,

Hardly waiting for a rebellion 2.

I'm still wondering why it's been 1998 since the last time LEC put out a space simulator... X-Wing Alliance was bit bland with the story line... the original Tie Fighter for DOS (1994) had an amazing storyline and the missions were very involving for a game of the time. I would like to see a modern graphic engine with dx9.0c or Vista's dx10 for a Star Wars space sim... Tie Fighter 2!

Somones already doing a conversion of X-Wing Alliance into TIE Fighter You have to have both games disks though http://www.tftc.gaylenol.com/html/downloads.html

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

Somones already doing a conversion of X-Wing Alliance into TIE Fighter You have to have both games disks though http://www.tftc.gaylenol.com/html/downloads.html

Too bad I only have the floppy version of tie fighter... the above mod only works with later CDROM releases :(

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

• SWR Staff - Executive
Time will tell what support they give for modders of EaW. The XML seems to be quite good to unlock or edit certain things. But adding new features might be something that is not possible if they don't allow editing of the core engine code.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Being a huge fan of the new Battlestar Galactica series I would love to see a mod with ship models for the human fleet and viper/raptors vs. Cylon basestars, replication ships, fighters, and troop transports. A galactic map indicating the 12 colonies, various resource systems and hidding places, and perhaps a hidden earth the fleet would have to find.

• 8 months later...

No kidding, they really need to come out with another Star Wars Space simulator with today's graphics and a good storyline. Anyway, you can get the CDROM version of TIE fighter off of ebay for real cheap.

My TIE Fighter and X-Wing software just won't cut it with my current computer system. Nothing like having the gfx operate yet the sound be non-existant because I don't have "SoundBlaster" or other ancient sound cards... not to mention missions crashing instantly because of my "advanced" gfx card superior to old game coding... I cry. :(

The reality of it all is LucasArts is having to compete more and more now within the computer game industry. I'm sure we've all been in and out of various retailers and have seen how quickly new release games receive price reductions within just a short amount of time before they are clearanced from shelves to make room for the next re-hashed eye-candy game.

Mainstay genres are war (WW2 specifically) but the new generation of gamers are no longer first person shooters or even real-time strategy... no the market is now geared at "lasting gaming" namely MMORPGs. As a business, a company stands to make more from a single piece of software, maintaining servers, and tapping into the market of players who will "pay to play" month after month.

The evolution of gaming. It's not PacMan anymore, by any means.

Yet, I still wish I could play TIE Fighter like I used to... :(

| Strength and Honor |

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/Judicatorsir/judicatorsirbanner001.jpg

• SWR Staff - Executive
DOSBox or the VDM Sound emulator :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
At present I am trying to build a mod for EAW FOC to make it more like Rebellion. This will be my first attempt at modding and I will admit I think i'm in over my head. But if all of the ideas I have work, it could be cool. It will not be exactly like Rebellion, I have no idea how to change the base code, but it will be as close as I can get it. Anyone willing to answer question please let me know. As I said above, this is my first mod so I know I will need help. Thank you for the support.