Rebellion Tournament

Mad78

Would you participate in such a Tournament?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in such a Tournament?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I'd love to guys, but college is kickin my ass bc I never learned how to study in HS. I actually have to here. I SHOULD be studying/doing hw right now, but well, this is where my priorities lie.

:lol: I have the same issue, Mitth :roll::lol:

"Analysis of The Prince which I have yet to finish and which is due tomorrow for a 200 point grade, or Swrebellion.com... Hmm, decisions, decisions..." :lol:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have similar schedule conflicts... I have five courses this semester, 13 papers in total. Nobody has hammered out a timeframe yet, perhaps mid - late May when most peeps are done with classes?

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I got the impression that Mad was looking for something a little sooner than that. If we put it off until mid-May, then I'll gladly join in.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I got the impression that Mad was looking for something a little sooner than that. If we put it off until mid-May, then I'll gladly join in.

Well, I think we need time to gather as many entrants as possible. Lock the entry date for April 15th, etc. Formalize the match schedules. We also need to break this down into multi experience, lots of seasoned Vets coming out of the wood work now... you guys know who you are and I do too :wink:

1) No Multi Experience (we need to set these guys up with trainers, other rooks to practice)

2) Multi Experience - Not via MSN Zone (need a few practice games)

3) Multi Experience - Former MSN Zone (must drink 5 beers before match starts - handicapped)

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Well, I think we need time to gather as many entrants as possible. Lock the entry date for April 15th, etc. Formalize the match schedules. We also need to break this down into multi experience, lots of seasoned Vets coming out of the wood work now... you guys know who you are and I do too :wink:

1) No Multi Experience (we need to set these guys up with trainers, other rooks to practice)

2) Multi Experience - Not via MSN Zone (need a few practice games)

3) Multi Experience - Former MSN Zone (must drink 5 beers before match starts - handicapped)

If anyone is interested, I'll help out with getting the rookies ready for competiton.

Well then, lets use the #swrebellion chat on glacier.blazeirc.net and trainer volunteers and rookies can arrange practices and discuss strategy and tactics.

Well then, lets use the #swrebellion chat on glacier.blazeirc.net and trainer volunteers and rookies can arrange practices and discuss strategy and tactics.

That's something I can do...again, college workload allowing...

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

That's something I can do...again, college workload allowing...

Stop posting here every 5 minutes like me and you could get that HW done :P

The most annoying thing is steam... I load it and the little tray icon sits there... and eventually I click it... and play cs_office in CS:Source for an hour then go back to my work for half an hour or so, but eventually I load the web browser for m-w.com or scholar.google.com and then get off task and start visiting all my bookmarks... then I post here... then I play CS:S; it's a vicious circle of procrastination I tell ya!

Stop posting here every 5 minutes like me and you could get that HW done :P

If only it were that easy budious.... I've got an excel assignment for my Engineering Success Skills class so I'm on the computer. That means I'm on AIM and MSN. That causes me to chat w/ ppl. Then I get an email saying that there's a new post on the forum. I'll then check that out and after reading that I'll either post something myself or I'll check out the forum index and see if there are any other post I feel like commenting on. I can turn a 25 min math assignment into a 5 hr project if I have my computer next to me. It's the source of a running joke between me and one of the guys in a couple of my classes.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Maybe we could simply split the Tournament into three categories:

-Rookie

-Intermediate

-Experienced

Most people should be able to classify themselves.

We could have a different tournament for each experience level.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Mid-May should do the trick.

I guess i shall fix the final delay to join at the end of April. That way people shall have a few weeks to try and prepare their strategy depending on who they shall be fighting and what side they shall play on.

I am amazed nobody had the idea of this before 8O

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Sounds good. I'll most likely be able to participate then. I'll confirm or deny when I know for sure. Count on me being a part of it for now though.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Hey Buds :-)

Is there a mirc channel or anything that you guys hang out in or what?

I've lost touch with pretty much everyone from Reb.

It would be nice to play you Buds since I never got to play you I don't think.

FCL_Budious!! ha, things that come to mind

And also we should set up a TC tournament. remember those games with CD and SwLord? They were just power houses

Hey Buds :-)

Is there a mirc channel or anything that you guys hang out in or what?

FCL_Budious!! ha, things that come to mind

FCL_Budious? FCL... Now, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... A long time.

Well, I think the old #zoners room died along time ago. I lost touch with everyone after that, but you can catch me the #swrebellion on glacier.blazeirc.net occasionally, it's the general chatroom for this website.

im in, i do need multiplayer experience but ive been playing the game for about 4 years and know it backwards.

April is great, just keep updating and letting us all know and i think it would be very successful.

how would we work out affiliations? toss of coin? or preference? what if two people want to play imps?

im in, i do need multiplayer experience but ive been playing the game for about 4 years and know it backwards.

April is great, just keep updating and letting us all know and i think it would be very successful.

how would we work out affiliations? toss of coin? or preference? what if two people want to play imps?

I think it's better for an organizer to flip a coin and randomly assign sides. Make sure no one practices too much with a particular side.