Star Wars Rebellion in window mode

Lord_La_forge

I remember there were some attempts to get Rebellion working in window mode instead of full screen.

Just find the solution:

Make an icon of the game's .exe file (or use the one the game placed on your desktop). Click it's properities.

Alter the PATH like this:

".......\star wars rebellion\rebellion.exe" -w

DO NOT place the "-w" tag inside the "" signs, it won't let you do that anyway. There is no need to check anything in the compatiblity window to get it work.

This mode is great for those, who are modding the game, and want to see multiple windows besides the game.

Edited by Lord_La_forge

Thanks for the info... I been trying to get that to work for a while, who knew it was as easy as "-w" :roll:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Exellent discovery LLF! :D

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Sorry folks, first it seams to be working and it looks nice but have you guys tried to build something? Try it! Hit the factory tag in the construction menue and try to select a building to build. You won't get to the building selection screen. I don't know why it's not working.

Anybody with a solution?

Rgds,

palimach - Darth bold head :)

Sorry folks, first it seams to be working and it looks nice but have you guys tried to build something? Try it! Hit the factory tag in the construction menue and try to select a building to build. You won't get to the building selection screen. I don't know why it's not working.

Anybody with a solution?

Rgds,

palimach - Darth bold head :)

Hmmm. Works fine here. No such problems found. Do you have XP? Anybody else has such errors?

no, just the 32bit version. hell I don't know. well it seams I gotta use the fullscreen mode in future. does not bother me at all but I've liked the idea of running the damn game in a small window since I could play it while working :)

if i play in full screen it screws up my screen resolution :)))

Mad78: i'm sitting right on mount pilatus ass :) lucerne....

resolution is 32bit in 1280/1024

never mind guys. i see there's no quick and diry solution for me.

thanks your help folks

You should try to run in "compatiblity mode" then. Try to set it to various system from Win95 to Win2000. Otherwise, no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 1280x1024x32 in XP32/XP64 and window mode operates fine in both. Make sure you are adding the -w after the " ends and not within.

However, it's not too useful. The build menu at facilities are broken. It appears off screen and is hard to scroll to what you want to build.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

This is a great discovery! Don't know how it will help me but.....oh well!!

"Someday, somebody will best me. But it's not today, and it's not you"-DD

http://members.w-link.net/~imperatrix/images/thrawn3.jpg

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War