URPG: Supremacy

AdmiralToguroAni

That shouldn't matter. Any part of the "code" (that includes executables, libraries, data files, etc.) can not be changed, and definitely NOT distributed.

It's a good thing I don't read "the fine print" :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

erm, actually all thats changed too. I went ahead and changed the files as I went along, so I really DON'T have Rebellion on my computer, only URPG: Supremacy. I cant find my disk either, so I only have my mod! Seriously though, EVERY DLL has new stuff in it, and even the .exe has changes in it in the form of a new icon and the title being changed to "URPG Supremacy" with Turkworks added to the list of companies. When I mod a game, I really mod it!
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it was too long a wait to really expect anyone to download my game, so I went ahead and put it on filefront. Hope you enjoy!

http://download.filefront.com/4730503;4ed8dd15f2dddccc9bc4548087fecd3ccda34f69aca6a32d513f9e4c47f8d21f995cfdd4a2e24262

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Could you explain how and which files you modify to play your new movies in this mod? I was under the impression the registry key variable directed the game to the movie folder location on the CD. What tools did you use to modify the .exe and where can I get it? I would like to find a way to offload the movies from the regular reb cd to the hdd directory and have the .exe play them from there.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Try Mask's movie patch on his website. That lets you edit the movies. For those of you that can't get the game to play with the MDATA folder in your directory, try running that.

Try Mask's movie patch on his website. That lets you edit the movies. For those of you that can't get the game to play with the MDATA folder in your directory, try running that.

Link please!?

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

After checking the date modified of the files and replacing only the ones you modded, you could have left out nearly 247mb of files! I copied over 470mb of the zip I extracted to my Reb folder and got a playable mod.

Thats odd. Are the movies all new and everything? Voices and encyclopedia entries are all changed?

Also, don't trust those dates. A lot of the dll files have been finished for almost a year. The only things that I havent changed are the RCdata files, and I doubt they're 800mb in total.

Its a mixed media thing. Players assume the role of different video game, anime, original and comic characters, and they get together in a world that encompasses all the genre. Thats why there are so many weird characters in my game!

Well, its not really "at" anywhere :oops: . Its more of a chatroom RPG I've been running for years now. We're in version 11, and the Rebellion mod covers characters in URPGs 1-9. If you're into that kind of stuff, then send me a PM. As a side note, I'm using RPG Maker XP now to create a game based on URPG8, which is where many of my characters like Yuba, Vyers, Flonne, Jacques, etc were in.

Back on topic though, what did you think of the mod as a whole. Did you like the pictures, voice acting, movies, etc?

• 2 weeks later...