Moving on.

ElvisMiggell

Wha... um.. okay, now that we've decided we have a diverse set of opinions and have agreed to disagree, what were we originally talking about. Something to do with defection. Now, i've had people turn traitor, but never seen them re-appear working for the other side, and i've never had any trouble with major chars. Has anyone experienced either of these?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

A character will never physically go over to the other side. When characters turn traitor, two things will happen:

Any missionn you assign the character to, including diplomacy, will automatically fail.

The opponent will will 'leaked' random bits of information regarding your side.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Yes, that's what I've seen. You get some information on enemy systems, sometimes but mostly the missions fail. You can always tell who is a traitor, just look for the characters who fail at research missions. :D

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Yes, that's what I've seen. You get some information on enemy systems, sometimes but mostly the missions fail. You can always tell who is a traitor, just look for the characters who fail at research missions. :D

..emm..i'd disagree with you on your final point my friend, I don't think failing a research & development mission indicates a traitor...

Cold up here isn't it!

Any missionn you assign the character to, including diplomacy, will automatically fail.

..emm..i'd disagree with you on your final point my friend, I don't think failing a research & development mission indicates a traitor...

Ummm...which do you think my lunar friend? :D

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

..emmm...yes, I see what you mean....it would appear the dark lord of gibberish has reared his mumbling head....errr.....ummmm....errrr....ummm...emmmm..... :?

:!:

:idea:

NEITHER! BECAUSE I'M SPEAKING CRAP AGAIN!!!!

Something inbetween I guess.... :roll:

Mmm...confused, you are!

Unclear, the path is.

Piglatin, I speak.

Like a dog, I bark.

Woof, woof woof.

Mmmm...

Support the USA!

Even loyal characters can have bad days at research, but if you click on the continue research checkmark they continue working and eventually get the job done. In my Rebellion universe none of my Imperial characters defect thanks to Rebed! A good Imperial should fight on regardless of the galaxy wide appearance of rebels anyway. Long live the New Order of the Galactic Empire.-Grand Moff Conway

Pah, you Iperial scum rule through fear and intimidation. Here in the New Republic people are loyal to us because they have the freedom to make the right choice for themselves!!!! :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Er, um, hmmm, yes well you're just EVIL!!! So there! Hah!

Crap, i think i lost that argument. :?

Oh crap, well i'm a ghost so i can haunt so so nah nah na nah nah!!!!

We in the service of the Empire do not like the term "Evil". We prefer to think we are advancing order and justice to all non-human races in the galaxy, using very persuasive methods and operations. These methods and operations include, but are not limited to: planetary re-organization (sometimes at the molecular level), introduction to Imperial citizenry (Stormtroopers), thought-changing seminars (torture), and loyal servitude for the Galactic good (sometimes referred to by the Rebels as "slavery").

So, you see...we're not really evil. We just have a really good marketing department!

8)

Support the USA!

Soooo, none of you ever experienced what I once read in the forum, that a character vanishes and turns up on the other side ?

I never had this happen in any of my games for the last 5 years. Well, I'm using RebEd for 3 years now and they just can't defect anymore :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I've heard rumours of it, but nothing to suggest it actually exists.

No neither do i seeing as how you can't have anything other than equal numbers of minor characters unless you retire them or they die.

Perhaps it was an alcohol-enduced dream, mask! :lol:

Support the USA!

Man, i have NEVER dreampt about Rebellion!!! Really, honestly, never. I mean it.......

Good for you. I played once Rebellion for 8-9 hours with only some short breaks. Then I was completely tired and flet in bed. But guess what. Imp22 still kept me repoting the messages! Ow shit, my mind was overloaden by the vocies, pictures, sounds! This happened to me few times, so I decided not to play more than 3 hours continuosly. I don't smoke, drink, take drugs. I just play some rebellion. Then I feel bether.. :D