Grand Admirals

UntimelyDemise

In the new issue of Star Wars Insider, there is a great article on all the Imperial Grand Admirals. The drawings aren't all that great, but what great information!!!!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

The essential chronology also has some important info on them, but no pics. One webpage had a complete listing of all the men who had claimed that rank, from Palpy's twelve down to Pellaeon, even the insane captain of the Lusankya was there.

The images could be useful for making cards, for the TC all of the Grand Admirals were already dead, except Thrawn that is...

Hopefully the Insider would have a "Minor imperial guys article, lots of images" in their next editions...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Rebellion uses redrawn photos ripped from the movies. The other characters (Thrawn, Daala) must been done the same way. They made some pictures from relatives or friends, redrawn it to 256 color... It's possible, that one of the games inventor used his own photo too..

So we just have to make some photos from some characteristic people, and redraw it to bitmaps. Once we know, how to do that, we'll be able to generate cards with similar quality :!:

Or we just use comic style drawings. But I think, they don't look so good with this game. Simply using photos is also problematic, cuz the most of my photos looked supaugly in 256 color :cry:

The pics from the Insider are comic style, but they have unusual expressions on their faces. Also, the only ones they have are the official Grand Admirals, not any that claimed to be Grand Admirals.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Was i in it?!?

Yeah we could all put our pictures in couldn't we......... ;)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

As a matter of fact, I think you were in it, Grand Admiral Elvis! :lol:

Actually, I couldn't be in it...I'm just a lowly Admiral and only in command of a few Imperial Star Destroyers and the like. :cry:

For those of you who just have to be a Grand Admiral: http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/swampthing/97/imp-officer1.html

Support the USA!

My monitor is now covered with lager! Your evil knows no bounds, sir!

Dude, I wont to go to work dressed like that! Rah! The authors of that site have taken the word 'nerd, to serious extremes. :lol:

I can just imagine myself dreesed so getting on the tube in the morning, as the train rolls into the station, I turn to some fellow hapless commutor:

'Our first catch of the day.'

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Glad I could bring a little laugher to our little community! :D

There's nothing like a geek with a Blaster Rifle!

http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/swampthing/97/imp_gun.jpg

By the way, when did Imperials start using woodgrained panelling in their Star Destroyers? :lol:

Support the USA!

That's the outside of my personal relaxation cabin!!! How did you get those pictures, my security men are going to have a slight, reevaluation shall we say...... :twisted:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

A stormtrooper straightens at the mention of security personnel

Sorry sir, we were posing for the rest of the pictures. The falsh blinded us for a few seconds. You know how stormtrooper helmets are like.

But please no reevaluation...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The Grand Admirals definately were a mixed bag of characters. I can't believe that Grant went over to the rebels, what a traitor. The others were fools except for Thrawn and the traitor Zaarin. -GM Conway

Call me a fool will you Sergeant?!? I definite reevaluation is called for, troops, the grounds for you reevaluation are whether or not you can dispose of the nincompoop in a manner more amusing than Zoot the cat whilst i play basketball with a piece of popcorn in my head. (Spot the reference to a certain political figure on 2DTV!)