A Galaxy Without Anakin

AdmiralToguroAni wrote:

Plus, droidekas are far more powerful than a clone trooper. ...

That depends on the particulars of the clone troopers' armament. In AotC there were some clone troopers that had "heavy?" blasters. They were taking out droids (the bigger types) with just 1 shot (of course they had a slower rate of fire).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

And just the fact that a clone is a "living being" rather than a droid. It has the ability to plan an ambush and other strategies, while a droid just targets an enemy and fires like mad.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Heck yeah! Aside from the droidekas, the rest of them are pushovers. Oh yeah, and those super huge ones with bulging chests. But aside from those two, the rest are nothing.

My Website

So basically just one third of them suck... Thing is, droids might be slightly more accurate than their sure-shooting stormtrooper counterparts. While the battle droids from Phantom Menace are pretty lame they are proabably cheap to produce. Where superior tactics can't win sheer number can. Also, I don't think that it would be too hard to outfit droids with different weapons- some of them have fingers, and building hands wouldn't be too hard.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

But it all comes down to the actual intelligence vs artificial intelligence. Clone troopes can be given better weapons just as easily as the droids can. But when it comes down to walking into an ambush, guess which army is gonna be the one doing the walking and which one will be off to the side, snickering as their plan works wonders on the enemy.

My Website

I guess I can see your point there, but then that wasa kind of the point of the command ship wasn't it? And wouldn't the droids have threat indicators or something through AI? Some of this stuff just doesn't really add up- with technology as it was in those episodes the droids should have had better planning and intelligence- after all, IG-88 made a rather awesome bounty hunter, did he not?

12/14/07

No, I agree with IG-88 being kick ass. But he had a super-developed intelligence, compared to other droids. I believe in one of the Kevin J. Anderson books (the one about all the different bounty hunters), he awoke with a supreme intelligence level, thus allowing him to carry out all his plans.

The battledroids were dumb as heck, and without the control ship were useless.

My Website

Given that 2 Jedi were running like sissies from like 2 Destroyers, Obi-Wan was captured by one and they have personal shield generators, I tend to think that any one droideka is greater than any one clone, intelligence or not. It makes you wonder why a standard stormtrooper unit doesn't include Droidekas that pop up the shields and fire away while the troopers stand behind them, sniping at enemies from behind the shields
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

... probably because "sniping" in stoormtrooper talk counts as hitting the target at a distance that isn't point blanck range :lol: I gotta agree, droidekas were way underused- if the Trade Federation just scrapped all of their stupid skinny skeletal ones to make destroyers they could have won the entire campaign with ease. Why are they called Droidekas anyhow?

12/14/07

Because they were named by a race that didn't use basic. Supposably the Destroyer droid isn't even a new piece of technology. In one of the books they talk about Nute Gunray hunting for a way to obtain them from the race which created them.

Also, in Episode II you can see that the blaster rifles the clones are using can actually penetrate the shields of a droideka, you can see several of them felled by the directed fire of the ion type blasts employed by the clones.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke