A Galaxy Without Anakin

We know that Paplatine had been planning his rise to power since before The Phatom Menace, but what if Anakin had never been found? How would he have been able to take power without the aid of the most power Jedi? I know that the clones would have been more than able to deal with the Jedi who were in the feild, but who would have killed the Separatist leaders? Without their death's the Droid Army could have been turned against Palpatine with the help of the Jedi. Not only that, but because Obi-Wan wouldn't have to deal with Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan would have been able to face the Emperor together.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• SWR Staff - Executive

I think Palpatine needed Anakin for it to work, for the Sith to rule again. He needed to sow the deception of a Chosen One, to corrupt the Jedi's hope and ultimately purge the Jedi. Makes things very easy to become Emperor.

(This really lends credence to the idea that Anakin's inception came somehow through Palpatine, which is never stated overtly, but was certainly an idea from Lucas)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Dooku would have filled it in. He had already gained the trust of the separatist leaders, so he would be in a good position to kill them. As you said, the clones would kill the "on the field" Jedi, which basically leaves us down to Mace Windu, Yoda, and Obi-Wan. Without Anakin to work with, Palpy (as a chancellor) could send Windu to the planet where the leaders were holed up (before Mustafar) instead of Obi-Wan. He'd then send Dooku to meet up with Grievous. Together, they ambush and defeat Windu.

That leaves us with Yoda and Obi-Wan. At this point, Palpatine sends Obi-Wan to Mustafar to capture the Separatist leaders. Dooku is already there, and either convinced Grievous to betray the leaders and work with him, or just stab him in the back and then kill the other leaders. Either way Obi-Wan won't walk away from that encounter. Now Palpy declares Order 66, offs the remaining Jedi, turns any stragglers into traitors with his declaration of power speech, and confronts and defeats Yoda in the hall. The worst part is that he doesn't have anyone to throw him down the shaft.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

I think that Anakin was neccessary to carry out the plan. Palpy needed somebody that would throw the other Jedi off their toes, and just really confuse them and break their hearts. Now I am a huge Dooku supporter, but the Jedi already knew that he was an enemy (though I'm not sure if they knew he was with the Sith). His betrayal had already been completed a la AotC, so they knew that they would have to face him. Now Anakin is a complete surprise, and keeps the Jedi off balance, having to deal with the feelings of his treachery.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Well, the acting would automatically raise about 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times in standard. :lol: I personally don't think Dooku could really have taken Anakin's place in the events which are carried out, but he might have been able to do some. However, without Anakin I think that Maul would have won the fight on Naboo. Let's face it- the only reason that Qui Gon ever faces off against Maul before the "Final encounter" is because he's delayed in taking Anakin with him. Thus Obi never learns Maul's strategy and is killed off in Episode One, Naboo is captured, Padme' is probably killed, ect ect. Maybe Palpy would, seeing how successful they were, join the seperatists and assist in taking over the Universe with them.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Granted that Dooku was a "known enemy", but that alone doesn't screw up the plans. Since the clones can take out the regular Jedi and council members, it really comes down to Palpy eliminating Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Windu. I agree that the droid armies might have killed Obi-Wan on Naboo because the power station wouldn't have been destroyed. He couldn't defeat 2 Droidekas, even during AoTC, so he probably would have died. If not, Dooku could assassinate him outright on Geonosis. A Dooku/Grievous combo would destroy Windu, so even without Anakin, it would be possible for Palpy to take control. Anakin may have caused some confusion in the council, but it wasn't crucial to Palpy's plan the way the creation of the Clone Army was.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Had Qui-gon and Obi-wan made it to Coruscant with Queen Amidala without stopping at Tatooine (and finding Anakin), they all would have returned to Naboo as seen in the movie. But now the sequence of events is different. Darth Maul would kill both Qui-gon and Obi-wan, and Queen Amidala would be a prisoner of the Trade Federation. The Clone army is now being created for AotC.

Count Dooku would be the Separatist Leader, Darth Maul would still be the apprentice during AotC. Now, in AotC Obi-wan discovers the cloners after Jango kills the assassin who botched killing Padme. But Padme is either a prisoner of the Trade Federation or dead, and Obi-wan is dead. So, Darth Sidious has to order Jango Fett (via Count Dooku?) to try and assassinate someone using the poison dart (so it can be found & tracked to the cloners). Then the Jedi find out about the clone army that will eventually be used to help defend the Republic (the clone army is a "Trojan horse" 8O ). The next question would be if the Jedi find out about Genosis (Obi-wan did this, but not if he's dead) and have their battle there (as per the movie), or on some other system (where the Repulbic might not win?).

For the final sequence (RotS), there would be no need to have Count Dooku "kidnap" Palpatine, since there is no need to turn Anakin (he's not around). Mace would probably be sent to get Count Dooku and/or General Grevious (on the system where the Separatists leaders are holed up) or try to takeout Palpy (as per the movie). Either way Mace gets killed. Darth Maul would kill everyone at the Jedi Temple when Order 66 is issued. Palpy would whoop on Yoda (as per the movie) and maybe even has Maul as a backup. Dooku would turn on the Separatists leaders at Mustafar. So, Palpy is Emperor, Dooku is second in command, and Maul is Palpy's personal bodyguard (keeping an eye on Dooku. Palpy might have them fight each other so there is only one of them left to deal with). Yoda is in exile and the Rebellion is now forming.

Anakin back on Tatooine, is still a slave. In his older years he will get cranky and kill Watto to be free with his mom. Maybe eventually Anakin's criminal exploits will eventually get noticed, and Maul or Dooku will be sent to bring him back to Palpy (if not outright kill him). There would be two Death Stars terrorizing the galaxy (the Rebellion will try to destroy the original Death Star, but will fail without the birth of Luke).

And the Sith will rule the galaxy!! :twisted:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

...Unless of course Anakin winds up, er, mating with some Tatooine chick and giving birth to a son who may or may not be Luke and amy or may not bring balance to the Force. And AdmiralTogunari (I'm too lazy to look up how its spelled :P ) Quick correction- Dooku was not a known enemy- he was once a jedi who abandoned his teachings, but did not declare hatred on the Jedi- Obi shows his surprise when he learns of Dooku's Darth Tyrannus role in AOTC.

12/14/07

They didn't know he was a sith, but he was an enemy. After all, he was convincing planets to leave the alliance that the council was sworn to protect. They considered him more of a Robert E. Lee than an Adolph Hitler.

Edit:

For Tofu's memory problem:

TOGURO ANI

TOGURO ANI

TOGURO ANI

oh screw it. Just call me Ani.

Its also a play on the Japanese name for "elder", meaning the name is something akin to "Admiral Toguro the elder"

Interessting... My preudo does not have such an interessting background.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I know that the clones would have been more than able to deal with the Jedi who were in the feild, but who would have killed the Separatist leaders? Without their death's the Droid Army could have been turned against Palpatine with the help of the Jedi.

I think it's reasonably obvious from the prequals by now that Palpatine 'engineered' the entire separatist conflict from the onset in his cunningly-disguise as Darth Sidious. To suggest the Droid armies could be used by the Jedi is a tab close to overlooking the obvious...

In my mind, Palpatine orchestrated everything from the beginning, for his his excuse to create the Empire and it's awesome military machine, which in turn destroy the Jedi. He always controlled the droid armies from the start. Crafty fellow. Very crafty Sith... :twisted:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I agree with my friend Jahled, even more so after reading the book. The Emperor used his cunning ability to set up many traps. I recommend the Revenge of the Sith book for anyone interested in all of the details of Palpatines complete plan and setups.-Grand Moff Conway

They must have been scrapped after the Clone Wars. The Emperor had no need for droids with A.I., when he had an entire army of clones that were nearly human in every way. We all saw how stupid they were in TPM.

Droid- "Where are you taking them?"

Qui-Gon (I think)- "To Coruscaunt."

Droid- "Uh, Coruscaunt, uh, does not compute, uh...blast them!"

(or something to that effect)

Point is, the battledroids were far insuperior when compared to the clones. Maybe the Emperor just chucked them all into the lava pits at Mustafa.

My Website

Point is, the battledroids were far insuperior when compared to the clones.

OH my gosh- Everyone, look, George W. Bush is on the forums!!!!!! :!::lol::lol: Sorry, i just had to do that to you. i believe you meant inferior. Also, the stoormtroopers aren't must brighter in ANH.

Stoormtrooper: "I need to see your identification"

Obi: "He doesn't need to show you any identification."

Stoormtrooper: "He doesn't need to show me any identification."

Obi: "Move along."

Stoormtrooper: "Move along."

12/14/07

What still floors me is that we never find out what happened to all of the old battle droids...

At the end of RotS Palpatine tells Anakin to order the droid ships to stand down (switch themselves off) given they control the droids, as seen in PM, that answers your question. What has George Bush got to do with this, though? :?

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I think he was talking about the use of the word "insuperior". I guess it's something Br. Bush would say.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Point is, the battledroids were far insuperior when compared to the clones.

OH my gosh- Everyone, look, George W. Bush is on the forums!!!!!! :!::lol::lol: Sorry, i just had to do that to you. i believe you meant inferior. Also, the stoormtroopers aren't must brighter in ANH.

Stoormtrooper: "I need to see your identification"

Obi: "He doesn't need to show you any identification."

Stoormtrooper: "He doesn't need to show me any identification."

Obi: "Move along."

Stoormtrooper: "Move along."

Wait a minute now. The only reason the stormtrooper said THAT was because he was being manipulated by Obi through the Force. The battledroids are droids, thus they cannot be affected by the Force in that way.

And all I have to say to you is that you are unsane.

My Website

:lol: nice new words, there, Rob. Though still, stoormtroopers bleed, battledroids are produced, stormtroopers eat, battle droids shoot, you see the logic here?

12/14/07