Assembling the new Cards Team

smonica

Alrighty, it seems like it's time to get to work here, so my first order of business will be to assemble the team. I know that some of you chimed in on the other posts about being interested, but I thought it would be best to consolidate the information in a single post.

First a note on qualifications:

1. You should have a comfortable skill level in some graphics application -Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or similar... I do not consider MSPaint as a viable tool :lol:

2. A solid knowledge of Rebellion (obvious, but worth noting)

3. Some experience with modifying cards is a plus. At the very least you should have played around with RebEdit.

4. Are willing to put in the effort to meet deadlines and make this endeavor a qualified success.

If you feel that you meet the qualifications, and are interested in joining the team, then post your info in this thread. Please include a brief run-down on your qualifications in the post. On Feb 25th I will officially announce the team and begin designating tasks.

I look forward to getting this thing off the ground!

-and please, call me Monsh :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monsh, I'm interested in joining your team.

I know enough of Photoshop to actually make my own cards, Paint is a viable tool(at least the win95 version), if only to see whether the images will have trouble in 256 colors. About the deadlines though teachers keep us warning that as the year progresses our free time will be shortened by the need to study.

If there is a test or something that could actually distract me from cad making, I'l tell you in advance, other than that, I think I'm fit for you r cards team.

I'm also on the DLL entries team and to know where the images of the cards are stored in each DLL as well the encyclopedia text coul prove useful. RebEd 0.26 doesn't allow to change the facilities images, taht has to be done from the DLLs using Resource hacker. Just thought you'd better know, in case you didn't.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

A while ago, i made the suggestion to Evaders to create a new cards section meant exclusively for the TC. WE would post there all cards we make and then thorugh polls choose the ones that will actually make it into the TC.

Once you have the team and some cards ready, we could ask Evaders again.

If we are to make cards we should now which cards will be made. There was discussion about the fighters for the TC, or the Cap ships or the personnel...

Stats will be also needed....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Monsh, I want in, too.

Already worked up some ship cards, but since I have no place to post them, they are only rotting on my HDD.

So when there finally is something agreed upon in the other discussions, this team starts to work. Gotta speed up that process. ;)

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

THE thing you need is a lis of all the cards you want to make. Same counts for us of the DLL section. Can't we jsut stop the discussions, and create this list, so everybody can get to work?
Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

That's our problem; we cannot get to work until we (whoever that is) have worked out everything together. A general problem of democracy.

The only way to solve this is to start pushing the people to agreeing on something.

TK421, would you help me? Especially on ships and personnel. Discussions need focus.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

Well those of us that have been discussing the Facilities seem fairly settled on what we want, just deciding now what we want the picture to look like, so maybe submitting some to a dedicated section and them voting would be a good idea. We can sort out the text later.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor
THE thing you need is a lis of all the cards you want to make. Same counts for us of the DLL section. Can't we jsut stop the discussions, and create this list, so everybody can get to work?

Monsh, take a look at the Cards - Personnel list for some ideas for the personnel... I will come around once in a while to keep you guys in check :wink:.

Guest Scathane
I don't know whether I'm still in time, but I would be interested in lending a hand as well. I can find my way around Photoshop, Illustrator and several other graphic apps. I am new to DLL editing, although I think I will pick this up soon enough. I'm a bit worried by the deadlines, but still. Let me know.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered for the Card Team.

The following people comprise the Official RR/TC Card Team:

Monsh - Card Leader (monsh@smokingfrog.net)

TalonNemesisKarrde - Assistant Card Leader(nemesiskarrde@insightbb.com)

Trejiuvanat (jastorga@mail.com)

Tsunami

Lord_La_forge (nobunaga@freemail.hu)

Scathane

Tsunami & Scathane, please provide me with an email addy so that we can keep in contact.

Now, as for assignments...

If you have a preference as to what cards section (Characters/Capitals/Fighters/Troops/SpecOps/Defense) you are best suited for, please let me know. I'll expect each of you to EMAIL me as soon as possible so that we can begin to sort out areas of responsiblility. I would like to establish a consistent look for the cards, so I'd prefer keeping one person on each major category - so give me a few of your top choices in order of preference. Additionally, if you'd like to work on the statistical aspects of the cards, state that.

I will most likely handle Character pics to start with, but anyone with suffient graphic skills is welcome to contribute. I'll be assembling a small "home page" for us to gather our work. btw...If any of you have PHP programming knowledge, I could use a small script to allow us to rate/vote on candidate cards.

As soon as I have the main ittinerary worked out, we can get down to it. Right now, it is most important that we all keep up with the forum chatter about which ships/characters/etc will be included, and start finding base-pics to modify for the characters :)

-Monsh

BTW: I glad you're on board!

Just a quicky, i've made quite a few cards and am no novice at photoshop, but can never seem to post them. I'm sure everybody is dying to see my Kyle Mingogue Imperial Agent in all her..emm..glory...umm...where was I ...err...can perhaps one of the first tasks your team could do is compose a brief tutorial for idiots like me...I can't figure out where i'm going wrong! :?

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Scathane

Glad to be on board as well. I would like to do special forces and, of course, characters as well. Drop me a line to let me know what you think. With regard to searching for the right pictures: any theme in mind?

U can reach me @ scathane@euronet.nl

Monsh, just to let you know if you haven't picked up.

I'm the semi-wizened nomad of SWRebellion.com i wander our hallways sticking my head into all the rooms, listen to what's being said and then provide my sometimes vaguely useful opinion. I have no skills in any of the areas for the tc other than thinking, and being online virtually all day long to respond to ideas....

I'll be around to offer my input most of the time.

:)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Scathane
Hey hey rustig, easy Scathane, that makes me 502 posts and a Major :twisted: More than you can possibly imagine

If you take a look at the rank just above your Avatar, you will see that 500 posts makes you Colonel, not Major. I myself am a Major, so that is definitely not more than I can imagine. By the way, neither is Colonel.....