Trejiuvanat's Story

Trejiuvanat

This is the start for one story. It is about Corran in the NJO era following the Defense of Borleias.Corran, Reliqy, and the Jensaarai are there as well as members of Domain Shai....

At last I’m coming out of this cockpit. Corran Horn, Jedi Knight and Rogue Squadron pilot thought to himself. He was climbing down the ladder of his new X-wing, while the mechanics crew got Whistler out of his socket in the X-Wings back.

With some regret he admitted to himself that he was getting too old for flying around. Mirax better not hear any of these or old Booster will have my skin. Still, Corran showed the signs of entering a more mature age. And it’s not only the fact that I’m nostalgic about the past, when our enemy flew in easy-kill eyeballs.

The green-eyed Jedi dressed in a standard New Republic flightsuit walked his way past the other pilots and mechanics. Some of them looked at him with deep respect knowing his role in the history of the New Republic. They greeted him and cheered the victory at Borleias, despite the loss of their base, triumph was in their minds. Right now they were all heroes. Few, mourned quietly for their fallen comrades, and it did not take much to convince them to leave worrying for another time and enjoy all chance they got for celebration.

One hand then touched his shoulder. Corran did not even have to use his Jedi powers to know who it was.

“I heard you took on a whole squad of skips,” Corran mused. “Are you planning to take Rogue Squadron over?”

Wedge Antilles, another flying fossil who had appeared in the Battle at Borleias and vanquished more skips than any other pilot, including Jaina Solo, grinned. “I heard you took your share of the enemy too, seven skips, huh?”

Corran waved the comment away. “All rookies, I’ve had harder dogfights with a sluggish Hutt.”

Their ship, the recently built destroyer Mon Mothma had state of the art installations, still the corridor leading from the hangar to the pilot debriefing rooms and barracks had several other intersections that led to other sections of the ship.

The ship had been part of Wedge’s task force since prior to the Battle of Coruscant, now months ago, some of the people that escaped Coruscant, mostly administrators and members of the Senate chose to seek refuge among the warships. Wedge had allowed some of them to land and most of them left during the time the ship was at Borleias. Still some people that passed by looked nothing like the crew of a warship.

“Some people have not yet left?” Corran said pointing vaguely at a couple dressed in government garments, from the cut they looked like Thyferrans. “Or are you trying to get some high-nosed Thyferran into the Resistance?”

Wedge shook his head. “No, they haven’t left, and yes I’ve contacted a friend of yours. Bror Jace. I haven’t told him about the resistance but I’ve been bargaining with him to get bacta at reasonable prices.”

Corran looked at him wondering privately how much Wedge resembled a Garm Bel Iblis or a Jan Dodonna.

“Sounding too much like a senior general, ain’t I?” Wedge asked with a sigh.

“I didn’t want to mention it but ye…” At that moment Corran saw her. Her was not human, her did not attract his eyes because of her physique, her only brought back memories of pain. Memories of pain unlike those he had every time he saw a historical documental about Ysanne Isard or Imperial Intelligence. Instead pain such like the loss of a friend, because Her was Reliqy A’Kla, daughter to his friend Elegos A’Kla who had been slain by the Yuuzhan Vong before the first year of the invasion was over.

Wedge who noticed his friend sudden interest in the young Caamasi looked at her.

“Yes, Reliqy, I feared that she stayed here although I told her to leave before, and the government on Mon Calamari is urging here to go there, she insists on being here. Come with me, I think Gavin won’t need help for counting his surviving pilots.”

Wedge put a strong hand on his back and Corran walked with him. Corran felt embarrassed, the last time he had looked at a Caamasi it had been Elegos’s bones. The golden bathed bones incrusted with gems. Because of his role at Ithor he had not been allowed to assist to Elegos’s memorial and had had to see it from a distance on Coruscant. He had too avoided any contact with Reliqy after Ithor during his time on Corellia.

Corran knew he would have collapsed if he had spoken to Reliqy then, the Corellian Jedi still felt like he had betrayed her father at swearing revenge and challeging the Yuuzhan Vong commander to a duel, that he won and lost at the same time. He won, otherwise he would not have been alive, but he lost the planet Ithor and its bafforr trees, capable of producing a substance that could be used against the Vong.

Having to confront Reliqy and tell her about his actions caused by her father’s death would have been too much for him. The love Corran had for the memory of his friend was too strong, admitting his actions to Reliqy would be one more slash at the memory.

“Reliqy!” Wedge called and the golden Caamasi turned her head to see the waving Wedge call her. She nodded and walked over to them.

Corran now under control looked at her with a smile on his face. Seeing a Caamasi was always a good thing.

“I greet you General Antilles. You too Colonel Horn.” She said ceremonially.

“Please, no formalities.” Corran made a wavelike gesture to underline his dismissal.

For a long moment they just looked at each other, Corran, Wedge and Reliqy.

“I’m sorry, Reliqy.” Corran heard himself say, but somehow words were missing. Words like, I failed your father.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wil be writing more about it when I get time....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Nice, makes you wonder what has happened to Corran and Kyle, they haven't really shown up much, though they are both mentioned in passing in the new Force Heretic book, Refugee i think.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I'm just reading Remnant, right now (bought it just one hour ago and I on page 100). Kyle is mentioned there, for not having attended the meeting. I thinks it's the first time, Kyle is actually referred to in the NJO...

Check out this: http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/yuuzhanvong/eu.html

It also has an awesome picture of what they look like!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Yes the New Jedi Order series is set 25-30 years after A New Hope, roughly six years after Vision of the future. The series is composed of nineteen books and three e-books. Each year a harcover is released, there are five in total, the fourth was released in October 2002, and the last will be released in november 2003.

If you want to spoil yourself the fun of reading through the series, and catch up with it, you might want to go to:

http://www.njoe.com

That is the New Jedi Order encylopedia, they have summaries of the titles published so far...

My story is set just prior to the fourth hardcover and to understand som eof the events you will need to read about the events of Onslaught and Ruin, the summaries of Star by Star, Rebel Stand and REbel Dream, will help you to understand it even better.

The site's more likely to be gone for good. :cry: Too bad it was pretty useful.

Sorry, I should have checked first if the link worked.

You can search for the summaries in google.com or you can see if the reviews of theforce.net do help you. They are review not summaries...

Follow-up on the story, enjoy it:

“I’m sorry, Reliqy.” Corran heard himself say, but somehow words were missing. Words like, I failed your father.

The young Caamasi female nodded understandingly.

“No, Corran, you were always so strong. My father spoke vastly about you. You speak as if you blame yourself for his death, something that happened too long ago. This war has made the people mature faster, to understand better the actions of martyrs, because all of us are martyrs. All of us are sacrificing something, I sacrificed unwillingly my father. You are now separated from your family, as is General Antilles. Many lost their home. I lost my father two years ago, but even then I knew about you and that you would commit yourself to honor the memory of my father.”

Corran wanted to speak but his mind was locked on the words that her young mouth had spoken. She continued, “My father shared with me some Memnii. Although Memnii are not supposed to last over two generation my father managed to give me the memory of the death of your grandfather. I saw then how my great-uncle dealt with the death of a good friend. Too, my father shared with me the memory of your first meeting on Kerilt, and some other moments on Khuiumin. He held you in high regard, as a Jedi and as a friend. I learnt a while ago about your actions at Ithor, I had wanted to speak with you, for it seemed as if you were troubled about Elegos’s death, and I too would dishonor his memory if I let you slide to the dark side.”

Corran looked at the floor realizing for the first time the effects of his actions and Elegos’s death from another perspective. His heart ached with the pain and preoccupation that he had caused others, he felt like he had not felt himself years ago. Truly ashamed.

He heard Wedge apologizing and leaving. Something of other duties was all that got through his mind.

“Reliqy. I don’t know what to say, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for you. For all the preoccupation I caused you, I admit I did things that still keep me awake at night. Figuring out the whys. Most of them are related to your father’s death. Years ago it was your father who helped me find myself. After his death I felt I lost part of myself, and I turned reckless and, well, I challenged Shedao Shai in the name of your father. I allowed myself to be guiding by taunts and my own feral instincts. I wanted blood. And blood I got, the blood of Ithor. Sorry.”

He extended his hand. Then he hugged Reliqy.

For a long minute he held her. Thorugh the Force he sensed her emotions now cleared, focused. At the same time, though the death of her father immersing her in endurable pain.

“The ghost of my father may rest in peace now.” Reliqy said.

Corran wanted to speak more with her but he through a look at the chrono in the wall and remembered his duties as a member of Rogue Squadron.

“Reliqy I’ve to go. There are duties I must attend, I will speak with you tomorrow.”

Reliqy nodded. “Tomorrow then.” She allowed herself a smile, as did Corran in return.

Corran turned waved her bye and vanished in the maze of corridors of the Mon Mothma.

Corran lay on his bed in his shared quarters. Despite his rank he had to share quarters with another pilot. At first Corran had joked about having to be with a kid that would ask him to tell fairy tales about the time pilots battled things such as TIEs, Imperial Star Destroyers, and the occasional world destroying weapon. Instead Corran shared quarters with a younger pilot that wanted to remember with him about the time when they battled such opponents. In the far side of the big room Colonel Gavin Darklighter slept placidly.

He was dreaming he was sure of that. But it was something surreal like a memory of a past life. Once he had known that Jedi rarely dream so when he found himself on a bright, arid world and with his lightsaber in his hand, he had to wonder how he got there.

Oh no this sounds too much like that dream.

He was wearing his emerald Jedi tunic, something he had not worn for a long time. Even so he did not feel out of place. Nor did the Caamasi and the human, each of them on one side.

Oh no, I having that nightmare of my grandfather’s death again. It wasn’t until then that Corran realized that he wasn’t his grandfather. Instead he was himself.

He looked again on each side. On his left stood with a purple tunic Reliqy A’Kla. She held a blaster in her hand, something that struck him as odd considering the vows for pacifism. On his right was the young female he came to know as Red. Although no longer as young as in those years she still possessed the redbladed lightsaber. Her face was no longer concealed by the cortosis ore mask, instead her calm look watched silently at her opponents.

The arena they were in was occupied by boxes and some sheds. Corran had too look around to familiarize himself with the surrounding. The most interesting thing, though was exactly ahead of them. Yuuzhan Vong. In his dream and in the Memnii Elegos shared with him Nejaa Halcyon had faced Sith apprentices, and Jedi trainees perverted by Sith teachings. Now Corran had to face beings that were utterly devoid of the Force.

Their tallest warrior stepped forward and spoke, “Surrender now. The Warmaster appreciates courage, he may grant you a honorable death if you lay your weapons down like warriors worthy enough for a sacrifice for Yun-Yuuzhan.”

“All truths from the Vong are lies, like their gods.” Red spat at the warrior.

The warrior let an inhuman growl out. Still Corran felt no fear.

“Wisdom comes from the gods. You reject the Truth, because you reject the gods. You reject life.”

Reliqy made one shy step ahead. “Wisdom comes from life. Not from the worship of gods.”

The warrior looked at the Caamasi.

“Then you are un-wise, for you mock life with your technology,” he barked a laughter, that rang in Corran’s ears. That’s the top second worst sound I ever heard, second only to Exar Kun’s laughter. Knowing Kun as he did, Corran knew what to say.

“You accuse us of mocking life with our technology, but I say that you mock life. You claim we know nothing of life, but it is because we learnt to let life flow unaltered, or altered at a minimum. Life is what molds us. You instead mold life in a vague imitation of your gods. It is you and your species that continue to feed the lie of life as a tool to be altered instead of a force that binds everything.” Corran finished his tone of voice turning defiant and putting as much emphasis as possible to sting the Vong with his words.

He succeeded. The warrior let out a frenzy warcry before launching himself ahead his trio of warriors.

Corran knew he had to act, he was a Jedi, his duty was to defend and protect. Therefore he ignited his silver blade and blocked the amphistaff of the Yuuzhan Vong warrior. While the alien was a lot taller than he was, at least half a meter, but he was not as quick and agile as Corran. Instead of blocking with the lightsaber Corran evaded his slashes by sliding away. He had hoped to get the Vong angrier and perhaps distract one of the other warriors.

Through the Force Corran felt Red come up with strategies to defeat the warrior. He felt her strain and her anger at those who dared to invade her world for she was the Saarai-kaar.

As well he felt the effect that Reliqy left in the Force. He had observed earlier that she had a blaster in the hand, but he was wrong. It was no blaster but a weapon that would make a stormtrooper rifle pale against it.

The tall warrior against took his amphistaff and prepared to attack Corran with it. In the last second though, the warrior turned his body one-eighty-degrees. And threw his amphistaff at Reliqy.

Corran threw his lightsaber away and extended his hands helplessly at her. He hated himself for his lack of telekinetic powers, while he could not take the amphistaff he could gather the air around Reliqy and create an invisible wall, or he could move any object in the path of the amphistaff. The amphistaff flew on, everything turned slower. His thoughts raced. He heard himself let out a desperate cry.

Reliqy reacted, her head turned to the path of the amphistaff, her face wearing the Caamasi look of submission. The amphistaff hit her in the chest.

The tall warrior barked a laugh, as cruel and lifeless as their presence in the Force.

Once Luke Skywalker said that the power of anger might enable his telekinesis. He felt the surge of anger flow thorugh him. He extended his right hand at the warrior. He drew the air away from him. He stopped the air in his lungs until it began to freeze. Then at last Corran let out with his left a storm of blue lightning.

Everything then began to burn with blue fire, the Vong, Red, Reliqy’s body, the arena.

He thought he saw the ghost of his father murmuring words of disapproval and disappointment.

The inferno grew beyond his horizon everything left behind turned into ashes and dust. Smoking debris and destroyed bodies were left behind.

Corran felt despair, he had actually let himself to the dark side. He knew not what to do, alone isolated by a bubble of Force power Corran contemplated the waste around him.

The last thing he saw was the face of Exar Kun nodding at him. His eyes burned red and grew with more intensity until all became white.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, yelling at him.

Corran!”

Corran blinked stupidly until the shape of Gavin Darklighter materialized above him. He was still lying on his bed in the Mon Mothma, lightyears away from Susefsvi, and his nightmare of Yuuzhan Vong and Exar Kun.

He breathed heavily, and Gavin sat at the feet of his bed, Corran reincorporated and sat next to him.

“I had a nightmare,” Corran said.

Gavin snorted, “I realized that.” Gavin turned his face to him. “What was it about?”

Corran passed his hand on his hair.

“I, well, I was on Susefsvi. You remember Susefsvi? Yes, good. Anyway I was there, with Reliqy and one native to the planet and we were attacked by Vong. Not a fleet but a group of four warriors. I kinda got crazy and destroyed everything with Force lightning.”

Gavin shivered, imagining his friend destroying everything in a frenzy of hatred.

“But it was only a bad dream. Right?”

Corran let his head down. Strand of hair fell down on his face.

“I don’t know. It might have been a vision, but again the future is morphable. I may or may not get crazy if circumstances differ.”

Gavin nodded gravely.

“Corran look at yourself, the last time I heard that tone of voice and attitude was back then when I was a young pilot looking at the great galaxy with the eyes of a farmboy. Corran you are a man reaching middle age. You are past that talking, look at me. I’m scolding you as if you were a child. You are a Jedi, Corran and most important of all is that you are my friend, I trust you. I trust you to take the right path when that dark side speaks with you, again. Luke told me about your battle with Exar Kun. You have defeated it, I’m sure that neither Kun nor the Vong will make you take that path.”

Corran looked at Gavin and felt some of the dismay disappear. He even managed a faint smile.

“Colonel, I-”

“Request granted.” Gavin interrupted. “I understand you will need a vehicle for your journey to Susefsvi, I will grant you leave for an indefinite time. Will that do, Colonel?”

Corran scratched his chin. “Well you might restore Coruscant and stop the alien threat in the mean time. Oh, and perhaps rebuild Alderaan, and bring Anakin Solo back.”

Gavin smiled.

“I’ll do what I can.”

“Thanks.”

Nice, remind me though, when did Corran face Kun, was it during I, Jedi?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yep, I, Jedi.

It's funny him almost outwitting the first Lord of the Sith.

"I checked New Republic Law. Property claimst are abandoned well shy of four millenia. As a result, I've filled a claim for this place, and now it's mine. I'd love to have you stick arouns, but your statue is right where the wife will want the entertainment center. You understand, don't you?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, being rude to dead Sith Lords is one of the requisite sto be a ROgue:

1-Able to fly a X-Wing

2-Turn down lots of promotions

3-Come up with the most insane tactics

4-Tell five difference between an Ewok and a Gamorrean (that's hard)

5-Be rude to Imperials/Bad Guys (Isard/Tavira/Exar Kun/Untimely....)