How did you come to SWR?

bobandrubert

Well I thought it would be so cool to play with Star Wars things in Homeworld 2. I did a google and came here. After I download the mod I can to the fourms. For around 3 month I helped people install Warloards and wrote a tuterial about it untill EJ made an installer. After that I kinda just fell in love with the community and stayed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally came here a long time ago after doing a search for some Rebellion related stuff at a mates house - I think we were trying to get RebEd.

Anyway, we lost the site and it wasn't until a year or so ago I found it again and decided that I'd join up. And well, the rest is history :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I was doing a search for Rebellion, looking for cheat codes and the like. I came upon here, found and downloaded RebEd (fulfilled my cheat code desires more than I could ever imagine), and then just loved having a nice place to sit back and talk about Star Wars and other junk with other Star Wars fans.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I've inadvertently been ending op at the site for several years now. Like whenever I re-installed Rebellion or X-wing Alliance, had my computer wiped, struck by lightning, etc.

Every so often I'd just end up coming back to playing Rebellion mabey once or twice a year. Eventually I started looking into mods and such for the game and looked into the forums too.

After my whirlwind tour of China and return I decided to get into Rebellion again and joined the forums as well as SWGalacticcivilwar. Though I haven't contributed as much to the second as I'd hoped.

I started out hanging at the RebEd Card Guild and have followed the site through its various incarnations. I don't post as often as others, and don't make cards much anymore, but I am here.-Grand Moff Paul Conway

Got here via a long dead site that John M. Stone uploaded all his cards on. I wonder what ever became of the fellow? His were some of the best cards on the data base. :?:
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

is he the guy that did Tarkin, Ysain Isaard, Boba Fett and Carnor Jax?

I've been here for about as long as Paul. I was here before the Card Guild, but I took a break for about a year or so.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Thoughs are cards i've not seen with his signiture, but do an advanced card search under John M. Stone and you'll get the picture. His ship, fighter, and troop cards were the most refreshing aspect, despite the 'Jedi Regiment' and Imperial equivelent; both of which tended to swiftly shag a good game.
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

At the time I was looking for cheat codes, help files and expansions for the X-wing combat flight simulator. I followed a variety of links ... go here and there, and eventually ended at SWR. Since I also played Rebellion, I check it over and visited a couple of times a month before deciding to just finally join. I was really looking forward to finding the "AI competitive upgrade". And now I know the Holy Grail for Rebellion is the source code. But, there is RebED :) . I like to keep things as "original" as possible, and haven't yet indulged in using it to screw up the "balance". One day I hope to indulge and download a TC or two (time permitting of course. That's my ultimate constraint - time :( ).
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I started playing the game and then just randomly did google searches. I saw some images that had been posted on Rebellion Reloaded and basically felt my jaw giving the floor a good solid whack at the site. I joined so that I could eventually download it when it was finished (Which, currently, is going to be in 30 years apparently :P {J/k, I'm not insulting you guys! Don't hurt me!}) Anyway, I just joined up, started talking and, well... yeah. Now I'm here to annoy people from all five corners of the world... what, you didn't know that the Earth was a pentagon?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive
Just like this web site is a dodecagon. :D

You new guys always confuse the heck outta me :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Evaders99 wrote:

You new guys always confuse the heck outta me

Those young whipper-snappers! :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I wanted to mod a game based on my text RPG and this site came up. A year later I'm STILL working it, but I enjoy talking to people here, and the community is really helpful.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Evaders99 wrote:

You new guys always confuse the heck outta me

Those young whipper-snappers! :P

/me activates snobbish mode. I happen to outrank you, thank you very much, so I shouldn't have to deal with such insubordination! :lol: But this site is most deffinately a dodecagon (Ten sided figure). :D No clue why, but it is and always shall be! Oh, and I also joined the forums at the same time as you, Tex.

12/14/07

DarthTofu wrote:

I happen to outrank you, thank you very much, so I shouldn't have to deal with such insubordination! But this site is most deffinately a dodecagon (Ten sided figure). No clue why, but it is and always shall be! Oh, and I also joined the forums at the same time as you, Tex.

Your rank means nothing to me, compared to the power of The Force! :) Maybe you should change your name to "Darth Spam-a-lot"? :P

And a "dodecagon" is a 12-sided polygon :wink:

Thank you, I wanted to see if someone would get that! No, really, it was a test. A decagon is a ten sided polygon, I know. I don't really consider myself a spammer, I just have lots of free time to make relevant comments... such as the shape of this web site. :lol:

12/14/07

sSo Dparath Tomfu, Yomu havee lotrs (of time to waste, huh?)

I Googled for a place to download the manual for Rebellion (As I didn't get mine new), aand ended up here, instead. Ah vell...

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

sSo Dparath Tomfu, Yomu havee lotrs (of time to waste, huh?)

I Googled for a place to download the manual for Rebellion (As I didn't get mine new), aand ended up here, instead. Ah vell...

dubya tee eff?

12/14/07

PsychoInfiltrator wrote:

sSo Dparath Tomfu, Yomu havee lotrs ...

:lol::wink: