Looking for enjoyable animated movies

Lord_La_forge

Surely, when listing animated fairy tales, The Last Unicorn is worth mentioning. Very beautiful film. I highly recommend it :!:

You beat me to it!! I was totaly going to recomend this one, it is great and one of my fondest memories from being a kid.

I also love the Hobbit. I remember watching it when I was a kid and I even went out and bought it. I love the songs thoughout the film, I would always hear them playing in my head when I was reading the book. Plus, I think I mayhave one of them still in my sig (see below?).

Another one I enjoyed was Anastasia, made in 1998 or 97 I believe. I like the story, even though it takes Russian fact and runs away with it. But it is a fun movie.

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

Oh yeah- you might want to consider Shrek if you aren't sick of it or anything. Shrek is Dreamworks, not Disney, so it might work! :D Then if all else fails, rent the first season of "South Park"... Or break up with your girlfriend and find one that hates Disney- either or.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I highly disliked Shrek. I thought the first one to be retarted, and I refused to attempt to watch the second one. In my opinion, you're better off with a Disney film.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Or break up with your girlfriend and find one that hates Disney- either or.

:? I say good for you for trying to do things with your girlfriend that she likes, so many guys don't even try, that's probably why most of them are still single.

I forgot to mention one of my fav.s - the Secret of Nihm!!! Great flick!!!

It was a joke. joke J-O-K-E JOKE! I wasn't being serious. And I think that the reason most guys are single is because most g*Hs aren't. :D

I still say good for him. Don't take it so personal

Or break up with your girlfriend and find one that hates Disney- either or.

:? I say good for you for trying to do things with your girlfriend that she likes, so many guys don't even try, that's probably why most of them are still single.

I forgot to mention one of my fav.s - the Secret of Nihm!!! Great flick!!!

Thanks for the tipp lady! I'm currently searching for that Last Unicorn you mentioned too. Seem like, everybody loves it.

I'll shall look after this one too. But keep them coming :D

I won't break up with her, but if she want's to see Mulan with me again, I'll go nutss :)

No, she agreed to see other stuff like Disney or Dw, but there is our problem again. What else? That's the reason I need your help :)

Shrek is okay, but I wouldn't show it to children. It is "black" humour, making fun of things that are more or less "sacred". Like the masterpieces of the Grimm brothers..

It's okay to make fun out of those tales, the Life of Brian (1979) was fun to watch too. But would you show that movie to your children at Christmas? I think not...

Well, with airplain and Naked Gun we also run into the old sexual issues again, and they aren't even animated. Maybe they made an animated Ewok film of some sort? I'm sure you can find an animated version of "star Wars" somewhere... Or the Animatrix, possibly.

12/14/07

Well, there IS the "Star Wars Holiday" movie thingy. And there is the animated seaosns of "Ewoks" and "Droids", though those aren't really movies. But I remember watching them like 10 years ago on SciFi channel early in the morning.

Note- rented Spirited Away based on peoples comments, and must agree that is was very good.

My Website

Well, there IS the "Star Wars Holiday" movie thingy. And there is the animated seaosns of "Ewoks" and "Droids", though those aren't really movies. But I remember watching them like 10 years ago on SciFi channel early in the morning.

Note- rented Spirited Away based on peoples comments, and must agree that is was very good.

Yep, Spirited Away is still the best so far :)

It's okay to make fun out of those tales, the Life of Brian (1979) was fun to watch too. But would you show that movie to your children at Christmas? I think not...

I watched that one on Christmas...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

"You must answer me these questions three:"

1) WHAT ... is your name?

2) WHAT ... is your favorite color?

3) WHAT ... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Victory Star Destroyer II in a hot dry atomsphere like Tatooine? 8O

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

"Imperial Era Victory II or Thrawn?"

"I don't know that! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

There you go- watch Monty Python's quest for the Holy Grail with her- that one's half-animated! Though you may wish to skip the quest of sir something-or-other who stumbles upon a bunch of dirty nuns... :twisted:

12/14/07

• 2 weeks later...
I never saw that show (being from the states). But I do remember watching a "Thames" produced cartoon. It was Danger Mouse. I think I actually was Danger Mouse for Halloween one year...

My Website

Oh, dude, I just figured out the perfect animated films to watch with your girl friend- red vs. blue! They'll at least give you good pick up lines.

"All my life girls told me, not if I were the last man on Earth. Well what happens when I'm the last man on Earth with a pimped out ride, bitch!"

12/14/07