What a great start

Colonel_Olorin

Grand Moff Conway wrote:

... I like destroying the system, but don't know if you get Mothma and end the game. If it doesn't work the outlook could be a pain. What is your garrison situation in the Core?

The average garrison strength is 1-3 depending on the sector and facilities located there (some systems have 6-9, and troop depots 20+). Loyalty is at 100% for the core sectors, except Dolomar which is ~80% since I lost a space battle between a Bulwark battlecruiser and 2 Strike cruisers. I would say I have a good solid standing.

DarthTofu wrote:

Umm, have you considered simply saving the game, destroying the system, and then loading your game if she escaped?

Yes I have, but I kinda think of that as "cheating" (especially if things don't "go my way"). I can always come back to this as "a different approach".

I'm trying the "long way" first. I've turned on auto-manage for garrisons and resources (mines/refineries). While waiting for Mr. Imp to do his thing, I have a last few tasks to accomplish. In the Sluis sector, I've sent the other Death Star to several systems wiping system defenses and assaulting them. Apparently without knowing it I've named my two Death Stars, the "Death Star" and the "other Death Star" :lol: The Death Star has been sent to pulverize Yavin (it's a worthless rock anyway since my general bombardment awhile back). I want to blow up a system!

While waiting I get an unexpected surprise. A rebel fleet (a Dauntless cruiser and 4 bulk transports) show up at Sarka in the Dolomar system. Bombardment commences (minimal damage), then the assaults begin. I've successfully beaten back the Wookie hoards for three assaults, but the fourth is fatal. I only had 1 Dark Trooper and 4 Army units there. Anyway, my fleet is currently in the Glythe sector, so I send them to Sarka. When they arrive the rebel fleet is gone, except for 2 bulk transports. They didn't last long. I assault the system (I don't want to destroy my own Gen Core). The lousy rebels have wiped the system clean of EVERYTHING. I reserve the CY's at Balfron and start constructing new Advanced Training facilities at Sarka.

The Death Star arrives at Yavin. Fire the Super Laser! Death Star ignition sequence begins ... BOOM! No more Yavin. The fallout is minimal, two systems in the Dolomar sector are "near" uprising. I check them out and to my surprise I don't have ANY garrison troops there. Wow, and Oh well. Flax next door is also a worthless rock, let's go there. Oh, the rebel Dauntless has appeared on a hit & run raid in the Atrivis sector (he took a few pot shots and left. There was no damage. I send my fleet from Dolomar there to hopefully catch him). Arriving at Flax (a former rebel stronghold) I once again fire the Super Laser! Right before the cut scene begins I get to see that the system title "Flax" has switched to light blue, meaning it's neutral (I guess rubble is neutral). After its destruction I check the messages. My two systems in Dolomar have gone neutral, and there's another message that Flax has declared neutrality (a bit late, don't you think boys). I've also captured good ol' reb Garm fleeing Flax. Put him in cell AA23 (I think that's where Leia enjoyed her stay). My other sectors/systems have a small loyalty drop (not much). Time to head back to Bilbringi and get Mon Mothma.

My fleet has arrived at the Atrivis sector, just as the Dauntless hits another system. He takes a few pot shots and leaves (no damage). I'm sending my fleet to the first system he hit to see if he comes back. In a few days he arrives to find my waiting fleet. I send in my 2 SSD's to deal with him directly. There will be no more raids from the rebels now.

The other Death Star I sent from the Sluis sector to Byss (next door to Bilbringi). Maybe the rebels on Bilbringi will start getting nervous. Soon the Death Star Arrives at Bilbringi. I have played around until day 1999. On day 2000 I shall crush Bilbringi. The "Final Day (?)" of the rebellion arrives. Death Star ignition sequence begins ... BOOM! There goes my third targeted system to rubble. Loyalty took a little hit but ... I'm hearing a message of good news ... Mon Mothma has been captured! And off we go to the cut scene.

Now, I'll reload my saved game. First order of business is to destroy Bilbringi here and now. Death Star ignition sequence begins ... BOOM! There are several messages that have popped up. But, before I can read them ... Mon Mothma has been captured! And off we go to the cut scene. I guess I could have saved myself some time and ended things quickly. Naw, I liked the original game sequence better. What a marvelous game. Thank you all for listening, I hope you enjoyed this as much as myself. Well, whenever I start another game, I'll definitely post for all the fans!

Adios.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, if I did this the thing would go on for like, 20 + pages. I play in roughly 500-1000 day blocks when I get time, and usually wind up having games that get into at least day 3,000. My longest was over 7,000 days, but that was because I was the Imps and wanted to see if the Rebel scum would ever recover (I gave them the Sluis system in addition to the one planet they had remaining... Killed one of my three Death Stars due to maintenance when I did that. :evil: )

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away