Whatdayathink; turn-based or real time?

JediGreg

Which gameplay method would you prefer for Rebellion 2 (AKA GPA)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which gameplay method would you prefer for Rebellion 2 (AKA GPA)

• Turn-based
    • Real-time

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rebellion is kind of two sided turn based, it is a turn based game where both teams objects move and actions happen at the same time its turn based without the wait for the other person
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

rebellion is kind of two sided turn based, it is a turn based game where both teams objects move and actions happen at the same time its turn based without the wait for the other person
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Sorry I am just tired. Turn based has two subcategory: Conventional (my turn- your turn) and simultaneous (all players give orders at the same time and after that the orders are executed at the same time).

Rebellion has a hibrid strategic game (it is based on a simultaneous turn- based game but a hibrid because the planetary bombardments and assaults) and a real time tactical game. And yes it hasn't got an "End turn" button since it is automated. (Personally I would prefer an "End day" button besides this full automatization.)

I think conventional turn-based is somewhat outdated for a space strategy, so simultaneous turn-based like basicly Rebellion or real time like Imperium Galactica II?

I think turn based (with an end turn button) could cause a faster gameplay (the players can easily run through periods when there is nothing to react to) but with preconfigured speed changes a real time game can nearly do the same and is more ... I dunno ... REAL.

I'm afraid i have to disagree. :)

If you make it simultaneous turn based then it just wouldn't work. One player would finish their day and not be able to react to the actions of the other later in that same day. I say keep it the way it already is, but provide options to speed time up even more so that you can zip through a week or slow it right down to almost minute for minute.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

ElvisMiggel: There is nothing to react to on that day since all the opponent's orders are only executed when turning to the next day. It does not matter if the opponents needs more time to give orders because they have no result before the next day. It is how Rebelion basicly works.

the thing i see a problem with is that this will be a massively modded game where possably is mp only not sure but the game will need t eiher have a load settings from host button or the peple will have to have the same mods

now that i think about it we need to have a load setings botton in the game because if everyone didnt have the same settings it would be messed up. or just an auto part of the game loading in mp, and most definately have a status bar for everyone so we could see how long fo other people to be done not just the comp your at.

I'm still not convinced that it's turn based, i thought that if you told a fleet to move then it goes straight away, also the same for building things.

Basically, i can't see any way to make it any better.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I think that Rebellion is essentially unique in its time management and should be left how it is. In terms of managing a galaxy i think it works very nicely.

Well where does one draw the line, the hur that you order, the minute, the second? All they are is units. In a game paced like Rebellion, i'd say having your events happens everyday is fine. What is it called, i dunnpo, how about, Simultaneous Automatic Turn Based, you and the pc both do your thing at the same time, and the end of each time unit is automatic, though you can control the length of the time unit.