1. 1. Which would you be?

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • White

I was a little confused by the simple "What would you be?" question, so I thought it would be funny to interpret the colors to mean skin tone, but then I realized MANY species in Star Wars are already toned this was so the joke turned humorless.

...blue, despite my lack of interest in Jedi, Sith, or the Force.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to start a debat, though I'll extend on SM's points, through the eyes of a Jedi.

Jedi are guided by the force, they are students of the force - they're hardly tools of the force

The Sith, well at least the Sith we read about/see, abuse the force

On a different note, their code does make one wonder why the Sith are evil :?

Oh well, back to the topic . . . nope, still like orange :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

The Sith became bad because they could not match the Jedi in terms of Code-making (TheSith one sucks), therefore they decided to master the Force instead and kick the Jedi's ass over the milennia. (Something they eventually sucked at and where destroyed)

The Sith Code is now used in schools all over the galaxy to teach children how not to write codes for your own affiliation... :P:wink:

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

There's a pretty good discussion about the Sith/Jedi/Dark Jedi going on in the RotS Trailer thread.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

The Sith Code is now used in schools all over the galaxy to teach children how not to write codes for your own affiliation... :P:wink:
I know they use it in local high schools to make sure kids don't think independantly of what the Pentagon and the White House tells them. :roll:

The Sith became bad because they could not match the Jedi in terms of Code-making (TheSith one sucks), therefore they decided to master the Force instead and kick the Jedi's ass over the milennia. (Something they eventually sucked at and where destroyed)

all has become clear to me now.

I would go for Green. I would also prefer being a Jedi... Being a sith just doesn't appeal to me.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I'd say they were both lifestyles. Just totally opposite from each other.
Right, what I mean is the Jedi describes anyone who is intune with the Force, Sith is simply a little more specific of a lifestyle (i.e. one who is intune with the Dark Side of the Force).

Jedi describes someone who is able to use the force, but was trained to do so using the tenets of the Jedi Code, and through Jedi teachings. As I have said in another thread, Dark Jedi are still Jedi. The Sith are not Jedi because they have not gained their power through Jedi teachings, but through those of the Sith. Other than players who choose the light side in the Knights of the Old Republic games, I've never heard of any Sith Lord or Master coming over to the light side of the Force, so there is no light side equivalent.

It could be argued that Jedi who fall to the dark side and learn the ways of the Sith are both Sith and Jedi, but I believe that once you begin the journey through the powers of the Sith you loose touch with your old teachings.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

As said earlier, you wouldn't be able to channel energy through a black crystal...
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Well, I have two things to say to that.

First, if the chrystal weren't 100% black (and there for, not really black) there would be a sufficient ammount of translucency for light energy to pass through and produce a lighsaber blade. A chrystal similar to this, but with a greater level of darkness to it, should therefor suffice as a focusing chrystal.

Now, that said, this assumes that the energy being used is light energy. There are non-transparent chrystals, such as black tourmaline, that are semi-conductors. While tourmaline itself may not make a good focusing chrystal, it`s properties suggest that there should be other non-transparent chrystals capable of conducting energy. There may be no natural black light, but the blade produced should be sufficiently dark in colour that one would describe it as black (though the light from the centre of the blade, the white core, would probably be the predominant colour since its intensity would be the greatest).

I would be a Sith no doubt. Red lightsaber. Nothing cooler than you dressed up in black and you hear the snap hiss and a red lightsaber appears.
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

I would be a Sith no doubt. Red lightsaber. Nothing cooler than you dressed up in black and you hear the snap hiss and a red lightsaber appears.
According to something I read recently, red lightsabers do not necessarily equate a Sith. According to that particular source, Leia had a red-bladed lightsaber at some point in time, which Luke made for her. :?

I wish I could remember half of what I red in the EU prior ot the Vong (and some things that occured during the Vong). I do remember that at some point Leia had a red lighsaber, but I also though there was a time when it was blue... or green... opal? I think it's changed a few times :lol:.

Thats true that red lightsabers dont automatically equate to Sith, however using the movies only Sith Lords have used red lightsabers so far. Supposedly one of the reasons the lightsaber is red because the Sith Lord makes a synthetic crystal whereas most Jedi use a naturally occurring crystal.

Leia has had red, green, orange, and yellow lightsabers. I assume she keeps using synthesized jems, and they simply burn out. Either that, or she just loses alot of lightsabers.

As for me, I would wanta bright pink lightsaber, to annoy the hell out of my enemies with. Combine that with a putrid mix a pee yellow and bright green polka-dotted robes, and I would be the most hidious looking sith in the galaxy!

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Leia has had red, green, orange, and yellow lightsabers. I assume she keeps using synthesized jems, and they simply burn out. Either that, or she just loses alot of lightsabers.
Without getting too imature, I think Leia was using the lightsabers for a little more than just Jedi-stuff, if you know what I mean.... :wink::roll: That's probably why she needed a new one to fight this weeks new villian. :roll:

Without getting too imature, I think Leia was using the lightsabers for a little more than just Jedi-stuff, if you know what I mean.... :wink::roll: That's probably why she needed a new one to fight this weeks new villian. :roll:

Nah, she could just wash it off after every use, to hide the evidence from Han.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

As for me, I would wanta bright pink lightsaber, to annoy the hell out of my enemies with. Combine that with a putrid mix a pee yellow and bright green polka-dotted robes, and I would be the most hidious looking sith in the galaxy!

Umm...I have never read anything about a crystal burning out. The crystal doesnt power the lightsaber, its used as some sort of focusing mechanism and never in any of the novels I have read have I encountered anything about the crystal burning out. Thats just speculation on your part. Leia uses a new lightsaber every week cuz most EU writers suck and dont know what to do with her character.

If you read Shadows o the Empire you will see that it says that if the Crystal doesn't work right the Lightsaber could explode.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Read I, Jedi. The lightsaber Corran builds uses synthesized gems, and one of them burns out in the middle of a fight. Not good.