I wish I had this kind of dedication and time...and money.

Texas_Fett

Since I found more enjoyment in the actual building than in the playing, my LEGO spent much of its time in a Tubbermade container. Over the course of time I lost enough pieces to make building anything nearly impossible without pieces from another set (somehow a few yellow bricks on a Space Police ship doesn't work for me :lol:). I would buy some of the Star Wars LEGO, but I'm not a big fan of the prequel LEGO, and I can't find any decent OT stuff... and it's bloody expensive ($12 for a Star Destroyer the size of a USB key :?)!

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys still play with all that Lego?
What, me? Of course not, I just...put pieces together until 2AM. :roll:

I remember when my grand mother gave me this set

It was one of my all time favorites

8O Dude, the Deep Freeze Defender! I remember when I lived in Virginia, this punk across the street had it, and when he got it he liked to rub it in my face. One day, we were out playing with Legos in my backyard (I had the Space Police's Rebel Hunter) and then he decides to start bragging about his super-cool Ice Planet set. I warned him and told him to stop because I was getting very annoyed (this had been going on since Christmas and it was by now JUNE!), but he kept on...and kept on...AND KEPT ON! So I let him have it. Sure, I got in trouble, but with a pair of broken lips, that punk just wasn't quite able to brag any more. :twisted:

So I let him have it. Sure, I got in trouble, but with a pair of broken lips, that punk just wasn't quite able to brag any more. :twisted:

I find your aggressiveness disturbing...

Do you pull other people's arms out of their sockets when you lose at chess?

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
NO, my kids do...they just need parental supervision. :twisted::roll:
Well, you probably know the main similarity between miniature trains/railway tracks and women's breasts...

So I let him have it. Sure, I got in trouble, but with a pair of broken lips, that punk just wasn't quite able to brag any more. :twisted:

I find your aggressiveness disturbing...

Do you pull other people's arms out of their sockets when you lose at chess?

Hmm...perhaps you're right. Actually (since I'm in a long-winded and despressed mood), when I was a kid I had a huge temper problem to the point that I would sometimes get in fights over menial things...almost anything would set me off. Losing at a game, though, was not one of them...not to sound arrogant, but I have pretty good sportsmanship (I know when I've lost). The problem was that when someone insulted my father, or my mother, or just said something wrong to me--"You stupid idiot, what the heck is wrong with you? Any moron can put a ball in the basket/can catch a football/can do math/can spell correctly!" Yeah, it was those sort of comments that would set me off, and I guess over time I just started getting angrier and angrier about everything to the point where I actually told my homeroom class in middle school (7th grade) that I hated them all and wish I had never met them. I attempted suicide at age 13 but was stopped when a student mentioned it to that same homeroom teacher, who in turned called the head counselor, who in turn called home (I had faked sick that day). My dad came home and stayed with me the rest of the week, not going to work and barely ever letting me leave his sight. When I was finally let free into the world again, I knew that everyone looked at me like an outsider and I was very much disliked around school. Groups of guys would gang-up on me and push me around; I fought back, of course, but it was hard to win against five guys bigger than you (I was pretty scrawning back then). The beating-up finally ended when I was knocked unconscious in showers by beating; the teachers found out when one of the guys I had down my best to kick his ass was questioned by a gym teacher. After that, I was agreed to talk to a psychiatrist.

In 8th grade, I attempt suicide again, but stopped myself and went to the Emergency Room by my own will. I made sure they knew I wanted to be admitted somewhere, and after my distressed parents showed up and did some arguing (they were afraid of letting me be admitted to a psych-ward; not that they didn't want the best, they were just freaking out over the state taking control of me), they agreed and I was put into the care of a psych-ward where I wasn't allowed to do anything without being watched by cameras or someone there. The worst part, though, was the fact that I wasn't allowed to have some to write with and on, so I started using the chalkboard in the common's place as my own space to write, threatening to beat-up anyone who touched it or erased it. After this, I don't remember (or don't want to remember) much other than taking many pills and losing everything I had written, which realy through me off. I lived in the ward for about two weeks total, then went home and picked-up my life again. By now, though, we had moved somewhere new and I basically started life anew.

Towards the end of high school, I started having a whole hell of a lot of problems with myself. I'm still not sure what it was, but I really hated everything (not everyone, mind you, just everything). When I turned 18, I self-admitted myself to another psych-ward as a preventative measure, a way of stopping problems from escalating again as they had before. I was there only three days before they declared me fine and let me out. I've been pretty much straight since--except, of course, Kelly's death and the snowboarding accident.

Sorry, guys, I should have put that in the Warehouse (if you don't know where that is, don't ask because I don't know either), but I...well...I just really don't know. I suppose here at SWRebellion.Com I feel 'at home' in a way, a place where everyone doesn't judge me just by the way I act or look or something else like that.... You know, my brothers would be Scath, Jahled, and Trej; my sister dinochick, my half-brothers LaForge, Mad, Elvis, mask, Wormie, dude21; my cousins...my half-illegitmate-step-parent... You know (sorry if your name wasn't directly mentioned, but this is what immediately comes to mind).

Phew. Sorry, I kind of needed to get that off my chest.

Okay I don't know how to do the little quote thing, but in response to what Scathane said, which was "Do you guys still play with LEGO's"?

I would still play with them, but unfortunately I was born into a generation of morons who make stupid ass lego sets, therefore I have to use generic lego's to build what I want, which becomes a pain in the neck after looking down at the ground, searching for hours for one specific piece that I'm not sure I have. So I would, but I don't since I can never get anything built before my neck or back start to ache...

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"