I wish I had this kind of dedication and time...and money.

Texas_Fett

Of course, that depends entirely on what "it" is, and whether or not we ever had "it" to begin with. :wink:

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Legos, I was in one of those imperialist department stores...you know the ones with the yellow happy face....

That's right, Wal-Mart.

Well, anyway, I was one yesterday and I came across the most...interesting thing: A Lego Star Wars video game. That's right, a viedo game where you can be a Lego Star Wars character (out on PC and PS2). Not to sound old-fashioned, but I was always pretty pleased with playing either Legos or video games, but both? :? It's like the eighties where they movie directors thought that to make a cool/good movie, all they had to do is combine two cool things (i.e. Surfer Ninjas, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.). :roll:

Apparantly it has General Grevious and all that jazz, so it looks pretty nifty. Back to traditional legos though, I think that lego is losing it's edge, it seems that nowadays they manufacture specific and unusual pieces that can be used in the construction of one thing, not like they used to. Its just kind of disappointing that they don't build things directly from the original pieces like they used to...
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Back to traditional legos though, I think that lego is losing it's edge, it seems that nowadays they manufacture specific and unusual pieces that can be used in the construction of one thing, not like they used to. Its just kind of disappointing that they don't build things directly from the original pieces like they used to...
RIGHT-ON! :D It's good to see that someone else thinks like I do! :D Yeah, when I was a kid I was totally into the 'Town' sets; I even had (still have) the huge airport that came with two helicopters and a passenger plane (though the cool double-rotor chopper got stolen...damn you Brandon Fann!!!)! And do you remember the old-school space sets? Like the Space Police and Ice Planet? And what about the Black-Tron! Yeah; you want to talk about the some cool stuff, man! Especially the reall old school Space Police and Black-Tron! I'm not talking about the mid-90s ones where the Space Police's color is green and the Black-Tron's is...well...black...no! I'm talking about back in the day when Space Police was blue and red and Black-Tron was...well, they were black back then too, but they were 100% black! I mean, even their helmet visors were black!

[/geek]

I go back even further than that, SOCL...I have some sets from 1983. That was back before Space Police and Blacktron...before helmet visors, even. Back when you prayed to God that you wouldn't get more than one goofy lego spaceman in yellow... :roll:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I go back even further than that, SOCL...I have some sets from 1983. That was back before Space Police and Blacktron...before helmet visors, even. Back when you prayed to God that you wouldn't get more than one goofy lego spaceman in yellow... :roll:
8O Dude...what were the names of those sets? I think I might actually have some. Actually, I have a big ol' TYCO bucket that I got when I was rreally little (my first Legos, actually) where the little Lego guys were made of plastic.

OOH, I think I know those! The grey and white ships with the blue and yellow cockpit thingies? And the spacemen that came in white, red and yellow? with the open helmets? I got some from my brother... Those rock!

But the early 1990's stuff was cool too. M-Trons, Blacktrons, Space Police, the other Blacktrons, the other Space police... :roll:

[/nostalgia][/geek]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

M-Trons
Dude, I had forgotten all about them! Man, those guys were awesome too! I remember when I was little and would look at my Lego magazines and think: "Whoa! Legos and magnets! What will they think of next?!" Actually, I still have most of those old magazines in a box somewhere. Maybe if I can find the box, I'll make some scans and post `em so all us can geek-out some more.

Now that I think of it, there's bound to be some sight on the Internet with images like that. I'm, there's got to be at least one more extreme geek than us who made a website out the old days! In the words of my friend Matt, "It's time to Google that b!tch!"

EDIT: Here's a site with a little Lego Galaxy storyline some guy made up, but it has some pretty good pictures of a lot of the original Lego figures. Of course, there are a lot of ones he made up, but you know how it goes.

EDIT 2: Here we go! Apparently contains a listing of all the original Lego space models, as well as those early 1980s models you gusy mentioned.

EDIT 3: Holy crap, there it is! I have this one! It was the first Space Police set I ever recieved! I still have all the pieces, just not the instructions! [/geek]

EDIT 4: And I had this one, and this one, and this one, and this one was the first one I ever bought with my own money (quite an achievement back then!). And also this one, and this one, and this one, and this one, too! And my father got me this one once the day before he left for a Navy, 6-month deployment so I wouldn't be too sad.

EDIT 5: Guess where I'm going next? EBAY! It's time to get my hands on those sets everyone else had but I did not! :lol:

Okay, I had (have) set 493, 6805, 6825, 6826 (and other small ones), 6844, 6845, 6846, 6847, 6871, 6872 (I loved this one!), 6874, 6881, 6882, 6883, 6884, 6891 (Another favorite of mine, for obvious reasons), 6930, (I wanted 6931), 6950, 6952, and 6972. And those are just the old-school sets. I also had some Blacktron, et al, but I'll spare the list of those. :roll:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

:lol: Congratz! Let me know how geeky it is when they arrive!

I wish I had the cash to spend on all the sets I always wanted...

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Did they do two releases of the Space Police sets? I used to have the entire set, even some not shown in SOCL's links, but all of my stuff was grey and black, with some red highlights, and all of the transparent plastic was a dark green. There was a really cool ship with a folding centre on it. When it was open there was a little jail box that it could carry.

I was never really big on the Blacktron guys. Black, white and yellow just wasn't as cool.

EDIT:Never mind. It seems I had all of hte Space Police II stuff, which was released in 1992.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

In addition to making Lucas Arts pull their heads out of their asses (Making them create a Rebellion 2) we should now crusade even further, we have the power to restore the original lego's to their former glory, Viva La Revolution!
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Do you guys still play with all that Lego?

The few SW Lego I have is in my room next to other items of my Collection, some other nice models (A plane, one of the smaller spaceships are somewhere else in my room). Much of my other LEGO is my huge plastic LEGO BOX waiting to be played with.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif