Missing Skywalker

Paul

This has happened to me twice now and I'm wondering if anyone else has had it happen to them. Playing as the Empire I have conquered the whole galaxy, captured or killed evryone except Lukey, destroyed the rebel HQ but NO LUKE!!! I have let the game run for a couple of years after the should be final victory, but Luke still didn't show up. If he is with Yoda you would expect him to show up sometime, but no luck. Ever happen to you guys? - Grand Moff Conway

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never. Perhaps the AI figured it would be a 'good idea' to send Luke on his own from Tattooine to Kessel...

Say, are you the legendry Grand Moff Conway of the research planet Morgoth, who actually likes Darth Vader's personal company, and who's wife doesn't always agree with your methods, and who has a Cindy Crawford replica android to help out with those tricky diplomatic missions?

What an honor!

(salutes)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

You got that right, this is THE Conway that has his private and self researched ships, Darth Vader is his right hand, and he has the complete galaxy under his royal control. Above all, he has several models and girl friends as his allies

(grins)

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

I had this experience too..

It depends on, what date you play. Luke goes to Dagobah around the 400st day. If you are playing after that period: Luke is gone to a diplomacy or espionage mission, and didn't finished it yet. A rebel diplomacy mission on a neutral planet must be active in your game...

You got that right, this is THE Conway that has his private and self researched ships, Darth Vader is his right hand, and he has the complete galaxy under his royal control. Above all, he has several models and girl friends as his allies

Sorry, I can't resist it! The research planet 'Morgoth,' come on Paul, dude, what lapse in imagination gave you that one? I guess you had just put the Silmarillion down beside your computer! I mean, it's like renaming Tattooine 'Bagend.' :D

The thing is with all planets in the game under Imperial control, there is no where for Luke to be but Dagoobah; and the AI shouldn't hide him there for years.

And yes I'm the same Conway who rules over the new Empire in my Reb Ed Universe. As to naming the planet Morgoth, I'm a fan of all evil places- heh ehe. I enjoy rebellion and used to make character and other cards a lot. I have a few new ones but they are expanded universe- Thrawn, and a couple Lara Croft. GM Conway

Actually, I think I may have the answer to this. When you conquered the last Rebel/Neutral system, Luke was probably on his way there in hyperspace. When he got there, he had high enough combat/espionage to escape but since there were no more Rebel systems, he's in limbo (since escaping characters always travel to the nearest friendly system). Did you check the "Characters" tab and see if his location says unknown? :?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

That's a kinda curious scenario, Luke in Limbo. I wonder if we've stumbled on a design-flaw in the game....I struggle to imagine how this could have been overlooked by the designers, though. Perhaps his combat & espionage are so high he's sort of 'bouncing' in and out of Imperial systems...

When I checked the character status tab it just said unkown for Luke. If he is bouncing around my Imperial systems it's a real pain in the caboose. I know that victory is obvious as he cannot hope to win as the Hq is gone and Mothma is captive, but I don't like untied loose ends. It could be a design flaw of some sort perhaps. - GM Conway

If you have every planet under your control, then you can take all your troops from a rim planet away and start bombarding it. That should lead to that planet joining the other side, resulting in a haven for Luke. Now come in with your nearby fleet and maybe with Vader and enough Noghris.

Happy hunting :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

:twisted:

Bombarding your own system! BWAHAHAHAHAA!!! :twisted:

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

• 2 weeks later...
Could be that his stats are high enough that you haven't detected him on an incite uprising mission becaus ehe's trying to get somewhere to turn to his cause. And he's just not having any effect because you're too strong...

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Well guys it happened again in the game I finished last night. If it is a freak of game logic it is an recurring theme at this point; although out of my many games it's only happened about six times counting last night. I believe the boy is a coward who is to afraid to face the mighty Imperial forces, Jedi indeed!! Hah. -Grand Moff Conway

Train he must, face his fears underneath a tree, only then will the boy be a Jedi. Confront his fear of losing another hand he must. Paint a fence and run up a mountain. Then a true Master he will be. ;)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Nothing like his father, he is, hmmm? hehehe

I'd say if you control the galaxy, who cares if Skywalker is still rambling about. Once all the galaxy is under Imperial rule, there is no need to fear one pitiful Jedi...

Support the USA!

It's obvious what's happened! Luke's gone back to Dagobah and his x-wing's broken down!

'Darn! I'll never get off this overgrown swamp!' Exclaims Luke, bashing his X-Wing with a laser-spanner.

'A new hyperdrive coolant you need! Hee he he he eiieeee!' Chuckles Yoda.

'But no one else in the game can get here Master Yoda!'

'Stuck then, stuck you are! Hee he he he eieee he he!' Yoda laughs insanely. 'But think I do with a little bit of training the answer I have!'

'Hei he he he heee, bounce you must, Yesss, bounce you must learn, bounce high enough and off this planet you will bounce!'

http://members.rogers.com/pixelmasher/graphics/starhoppers/yodabounce.gif

Guest JediIgor
Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Yoda hid a very small craft somewhere on Dagobah... He had to arrive there somehow after all :).