Captured Characters

schooter

Question

Guest Scathane
HAve intel at places you know that imp fleets gather, even if they are folied they get some intel on the ships in orbit.
And how would you know where Impfleets gather?

I am a proponent of the prison fleet system, particularly in the later stages of the game. Early game I find a certain value to using the Prison Planet system, as it tends to lure other future-captives hoping to free their comrades. As soon as I have sufficient numbers of captives I load up a slow-moving tug and proceed to tansverse the galaxy between secure planets... it works for me, but everybody has a different take on this 8)

having done this before i have noticed that the game will not let me move prisoners at all, how do you move them to a ship?

You need to have a 'jailor,' ie: any character or member of special forces to 'escourt' them where ever you want them to go. I had problems with this when I first started playing them game.

You need to click on the prisoner, press control and click on your chosen 'jailor.' Same process for multiple characters and units on other missions, and with Jedi Training missions... :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Savegames

I don't use savegames except for later playing. Feels more realistic to me to play the game with all possible trouble. Knowing that in a few days DV will show up and capture all your characters SUDDENLY in advance, would spoil the fun.

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

Guest Scathane
Savegames

I don't use savegames except for later playing. Feels more realistic to me to play the game with all possible trouble. Knowing that in a few days DV will show up and capture all your characters SUDDENLY in advance, would spoil the fun.

I concur...

You need to have a 'jailor,' ie: any character or member of special forces to 'escourt' them where ever you want them to go. I had problems with this when I first started playing them game.

You need to click on the prisoner, press control and click on your chosen 'jailor.' Same process for multiple characters and units on other missions, and with Jedi Training missions... :)[/quote

oh yeah sweet thanks man 8)

I usually play the Empire.

From the moment that the Emperor stays always in the Throne of Power (recruiting, training Jedi -SWRE change-, and giving that military bonus to imperial caracters) I send each captured Rebel -accompanied- to Coruscant.

The Rebels that try to rescue their comrades are falling victims of their lack of preparedeness to deal with 18 troops, 12 noghri, 12 impcommandos and all the Dark Jedi and they end up "languishing in chains in the depths of the Imperial Palace" -or Ysanne Isard's Lusankya SSD

But still, why abduct and jail them?

It's easier to kill them. That happens too if you try to abduct an injured Rebel with high Combat Rating like Chewbacca. On the other hand the diplomats like Borsk Felya come willingly to you even with 3 Noghri (2+1 decoy).