Wanted - List of Imperial Ranks

Darth-Griffin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everything is coming along all right, dude; I always try to include when I drop God a line!
:? Sorry about that, what I was trying to say was:

"I hope everything is coming along all right, dude; I always try to include you, my friend, when I drop God a lone!"

I seem to be not ver good at making clearly statements.

EDIT: ARGH! I mean clear statements! :x

Quickly addressing the original topic, for those who don't want to follow the link posted on the first page, here are the ranks (please note that the enlisted ranks for the Empire are not 100% clear). Please also note that the ranks, from left to right are from the following military branches: Navy, Army, Starfighter Force. Additionally, any ranks with question marks (?) in front of them denote a rank that may or may not exist. This is in no way based off the USA's rank system but is more of a compilation of ranks, the specific tiltes being chosen because of their universal meaning (i.e. simply Brigadier versus USA's Brigadier General, etc.). Also, this does not include the Moff ranks because they can be either or both military and civilian (if they were included, they would fall under Grand Admiral and above High Admiral and would list, from bottom to top, as Moff, Grand Moff, Supreme Moff...also note that it's quite possible Supreme Moff was at the same level as Grand Admiral). Lastly, ranks are arranged from highest to lowest (top to bottom) and have spaces between the different classes (Recruit are simply enlistees while in training, Junior Crewman through Fleet Chief Petty Officer are enlisted, Midshipman/Cadet are officer candidates while in training, Ensign through Commodore are commissioned officers, Rear Admiral through High Admiral are flag officers/admiralty, Grand Admiral is special...like the USA's five-star).

Grand Admiral/?Grand General/?Grand Marshal

High Admiral/Surface Marshal/?High Marshal

Fleet Admiral/High General/Force Marshal

Admiral/General/Chief Marshal

Vice Admiral/Lieutenant General/Marshal

Rear Admiral/Major General/Vice Marshal

Commodore/Brigadier/Commodore

Line Captain/High Colonel/(none)

Captain/Colonel/Group Captain

Commander/Lieutenant Colonel/Wing Commander

Lieutenant Commander/Major/Squadron Leader

Lieutenant/Captain/Flight Lieutenant

Sub-Lieutenant/Lieutenant/Flying Officer

Acting Sub-Lieutenant/Second Lieutenant/Pilot Officer

Ensign/(none)/Acting Pilot Officer

Midshipman/Cadet/Cadet

Fleet Chief Petty Officer/Warrant Officer First Class/Warrant Officer

Chief Petty Officer/Warrant Officer Second Class/(none)

(none)/Staff Corporal/Flight Sergeant

(none)/Staff Sergeant/Chief Technician

Petty Officer/Sergeant/Sergeant

Leading Crewman/Corporal/Corporal

(none)/(none)/Junior Technician

(none)/(none)/Senior Spacecraftman

Able Crewman/Lance Corporal/Leading Spacecraftman

Ordinary Crewman/Private/Spacecraftman

Junior Crewman/(none)/(none)

Recruit/Recruit/Recruit

Again, the enlisted ranks aren't confirmed, just some speculation (since Star Wars rarely gives us any character who are not officers).

I could get into a long discussion about ranks, why they are the way they are, where they come from, sources, insignia, and so forth, but the Grand Imperator of BEAK won't spread BEAK unless provoked. :twisted:

SOCL strikes back. You should resurrect the "Being promoted in the forums" thread.
The deed is done. :twisted:

Yes, I know it was a cheap way of doing it, but I already tried making a serious effort, I might as well resort to "cheating". :twisted:

I am already regretting this. Anyway those posts in Being promoted in the forums so long ago were very informative...
The very same reason I wanted to have it archived in a special archive forum.

Oh, and I also noticed someone corrected the title after all these long years. :lol: Actually, it's sad because it sort-of loses its old BEAK-yness. :lol:

Speaking of BEAK-yness, has anyone heard from Scath? :?

The title correction was by me... I couldn't stand the beeings anymore...

As for Scath I haven't seen him for quite a while... Last time I saw him was on the 'non-existent' Warehouse 42 about a motnh ago... or more...

Mail him we should .

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

As for Scath I haven't seen him for quite a while... Last time I saw him was on the 'non-existent' Warehouse 42 about a motnh ago... or more...

Mail him we should .

I tried that but I have the funny feeling he's not recieving them, and I can't find his other address. :( Perhaps we should make a forum devoted to getting him back....

Use the Force, SOCL!

SOCL turns and tries to Force-choke Mad

SOCL: It's not working, Trej.

Trej takes out his blaster and shoots Mad

Trej: And no questions asked.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

What is the Warehouse 42?

It's the warehouse right next to Hangar 18. :)

Edited by teukros
Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight