Who do you like to play the most?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like to play the most?

• Empire
    • Alliance
    • I Just Randomly Select Every Time
    • Don't Care It Is A Stupid Poll Any Way

Question

Besides, who can disagree with me here about how cool it was to see the Executor for the first time with the Imperial March playing in the background.

The opening bit of a new hope was enough for me! That rumble...the Star Destroyer's size... from that moment on I was watching movies where the wrong side won..

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I was reading the earlier posts on this topic about people preferring the bad guys (empire) to the good guys (rebels). If you think about it though, the Empire is the government and the Rebellion is attempting to overthrow it. So if you think about it the rebels are really the bad guys.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Also lets note that the Rebellion allies itself with the ewoks... Thats worse than the seven sins of man...
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Guest JediIgor

I think most people will favor the Empire.. aside from non-gaming reasons I think it's because they generally have a harder time.

They start out with less diplomats and with less characters, and to win the game they have to track down a "who knows where" rebel capital... Rebels have more men and they just take over Coruscant (where the Emperor usually is anyway) and Darth Vader gets captured by Luke :).

Also lets note that the Rebellion allies itself with the ewoks... Thats worse than the seven sins of man...

If I find you, I'll show you what Ewok's are made of, my friend :x

Ewoks. They may be short but they'll bite your leg off if provoked.

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

I'm sure that a bottle of hairspray and a lighter would more than effectively take on any ewok

I think my journey to the Dark Side began the first time I saw the Imperial card for Subdue Uprising. You know, the one with the Ewok brandishing his primitive spear at the foot of the AT-AT that's about to squash him?

I must have spent ten minutes laughing myself silly.

Edited by teukros
Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

Okay, Ewoks blow. Plain and simple. It's a fact. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Lucas created Ewoks for one reason. They sell. Despite the fact that Ewoks sucked ass and they were bullshit Lucas figured,

"Hell, looks like the trilogy is done, might as well make things that will make a few more sales, rather than keep the movies perfect. So long as I get a few more sales I don't care how bad I screw up the movies..."

The proof of that statement is in stores now. Toy stores. There are now little five year old star wars toys that blow chode. Lucas allowed these things to be created just so he could make some more money, I mean good god how low do you have to be to do something like that?

Anyways, the point is that ewoks are quite possibly the worst things ever created, and they should be replaced with escaped wookie slaves... Yeah

Well in Star Wars as originally conceived George Lucas wanted to have a big forest battle between Wookies and Stormtroopers in the forests of Kashyyyk. Now that could have been interesting. But it's actually a good thing that he went the way he did, because it really would have sucked if the DS II had blown up over Kashyyyk and caused an ecological catastrophe there.