What new force power can you come up with?

Barkoa

i haven't actually read that yet, but its on my list of things to do. ill have to read it and see what I think of it and if its the same thing as what I'm thinking of! :D

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- How about the ability to eradicate annoying spam from online forums at will? --

Actually, i was kinda wondering about the whole midi-chlorian thing. In epsiode V, as luke is being trained by yoda, he's raising rocks, and all that using the force. Yoda says something about this being possible since the force is "in everything". Does this mean that the rock contains midi-clorians? I thought only living matter could contain them. And if the rock does contain midi-chlorians, does that a droid could use the force (since that's inanimate as well...)?

"I thank you, my friend, for it is in your death that the Scorekeeper finds my true worth."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

Guest Scathane
-- How about the ability to eradicate annoying spam from online forums at will? --

Actually, i was kinda wondering about the whole midi-chlorian thing. In epsiode V, as luke is being trained by yoda, he's raising rocks, and all that using the force. Yoda says something about this being possible since the force is "in everything". Does this mean that the rock contains midi-clorians? I thought only living matter could contain them. And if the rock does contain midi-chlorians, does that a droid could use the force (since that's inanimate as well...)?

A very good point indeed! Moreover, I think that the big mistake lies in trying to explain something presented as mythical in a scientific kind of way...

A very good point indeed! Moreover, I think that the big mistake lies in trying to explain something presented as mythical in a scientific kind of way...

I agree. Midiclorians I believe are especially a way thought up to explain the force.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I getcha about explaining it as something scientific, but what really gets me is why? I mean, in the original trilogy the force wwas left being portrayed as something mystical, and it all worked really well. So why did George Lucas have to suddenly make it into something scientific for episode I? I reckon he should have been able to leave it as its previous paranormal image without wrecking the plot of the movie...

"I thank you, my friend, for it is in your death that the Scorekeeper finds my true worth."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

Guest Scathane
I getcha about explaining it as something scientific, but what really gets me is why? I mean, in the original trilogy the force wwas left being portrayed as something mystical, and it all worked really well. So why did George Lucas have to suddenly make it into something scientific for episode I? I reckon he should have been able to leave it as its previous paranormal image without wrecking the plot of the movie...
I have absolutely no clue why GL did that... I agree that he could have left it mystical in EP I - III...

Maybe he felt he had to explain it since the people who will watch the earlier eps from this generation wont have much of an idea about it... Maybe he just wanted to explain some stuff... or maybe he was just bored...

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

I dont reacon it was because he had to explain the force to the new generation of movie watchers. I think he tried to explain it so that it would be beliveable to the general public. some people I know hate watching movies that have bits left out of the puzzle.

Yeah, but it's like one of those Jesus Christ movies, one of the chars would start saying that God does not exist, but is rather an incredibly powerful alien being.

You cannot try to explain something as mythic as the Force, with scientific arguments, it's just plain stupid, the Force as any other myths are sustained by Faith, not by small microbia called midi-chlorians or anything...

Stupid George! He's just like a kid in a candystore,and knows not when to stop.

I sometime feel that he did not work up the prequels... It seems that he just copy-pasted all the ideas he had tossed out while making the first trilogy and tried to tie them all together, but I do no think that he went through the same evolution-process that he did almost thirty years ago. And worse yet, there was no Kurosawa movie to inspire him on Episode I, and he probably lost his copy of the Hero of Thousand Faces when he came up with Anakin...

:evil:

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well, I think I would have enjoyed Episode 2 more if he had chosen another aactor to play Anakin. I do not know why, but no matter what, everytime I watch Ep 2 I dislike Anakin. Anyone else feel similiar? :?

Well, I think I would have enjoyed Episode 2 more if he had chosen another aactor to play Anakin. I do not know why, but no matter what, everytime I watch Ep 2 I dislike Anakin. Anyone else feel similiar? :?

Yep, I feel the same way . . . there's just something about him that doesn't sit right. I think so far, both the actors for Anakin in Episode I and II have been bad and I had hoped that Lucas would have hired a new actor for Episdoe III.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Yeah there was something I didn't like about Anakin. But Maybe he will be better in EpIII.

But I think ewan macgregor was a good choice for Obi-Wan.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Guest Scathane

I agree with quite some things being said here. For one, I must admit that the actor who plays Anakin in Ep II is not my favorite either. I just can't seem to be able to match him with the menace that Darth Vader is in the later movies... I feel that this was a bad example of typecasting.

As for Trej's argument, I feel that he's absolutely right. The midi-chlorian thing raises questions rather than clarify anything. Moreover, as mentioned before, it's inconsistent with other aspects of the movies, such as Qui-Gon's remark of midi-chlorians being present in every living thing and the force levitation of a stone by Luke during his training with Yoda.

Furthermore (this was discussed in some other thread as well), having Shmi be some sort of Holy Mary by Anakin's Conceptio Immacolata is, in my opinion, one of the greatest mistakes Lucas ever made. Again, this is a concept that raises questions, instead of strengthening the plot.

I never really thought of it that way, but, yah, I agree. i just accepted it and moved on, but it has left certain issues unsettled.

-Barkoa

Guest Scathane
Can you clarify what you mean as to the rock and the midi-chlorian problem? I always thought that every thing had midi chlorians in it, hence Yoda's whole speal about the force being everywhere.
Sure.

First of all, however, I never referred to it as a problem but rather as a thing. :-)

Anyway, in Episode I, Qui-Gon clearly indicates to Anakin that:

"Midi-chlorians are microscopic life-forms that reside within the cells of all living things and communicate with the Force."

Source: TFN article on midi-chlorians - Introduction

As we all know, or should know, cells are typical for animate matter, as opposed to inanimate matter, such as stones (stones are composed of minerals which, in turn, are composed of crystals). This being the case, it seems rather strange that Luke is able to raise stones in Episode V.

You may feel that this explanation is too scientific, because Star Wars is a phantasy story, a mythical tale (just as TFN argues in the aforementioned article)... Well, I believe you're right, which is exactly why GL should have stayed away from scientific explanations!

ahhh Thank you for clarifying that. Good job, you are right. That is a major inconsitency. Qui Gon goes against Yoda, meh it is fantasy. He should have said midi-chlorians are located in all forms of matter.

Guest Scathane
ahhh Thank you for clarifying that. Good job, you are right. That is a major inconsitency. Qui Gon goes against Yoda, meh it is fantasy. He should have said midi-chlorians are located in all forms of matter.
Yes, he should have... or, even better, he should have stuck to phantasy and mysticism...

Guest Scathane
It must have been a trick to show how they discovered new jedis.
And why exactly would one need a midi-chlorian issue for such a thing?!

It could not have been a trick to show that, a good Jedi can sense the force in other people. As Qui Gon did initially with Anakin (thats why he performed the midi-chlorian test) and as the Emperor did when Luke was in his throne room. A jedi should be able to tell if someone is force capable and not need a diabetic-esque shot to tell them.

You guys are coming up with some pretty cool stuff! :D I like the back-scratching one! I thought it would be nice just to type with your mind, or something like that. I know you could use machines, but it would be more impressive to have the keys being pressed while you did it!

-Barkoa

Guest Scathane
Maybe another cool force power would be to be able to change the parts you don't like about the Star Wars movies by just rethinking them! :twisted: