Untitled - Short Story

Guest JediIgor

Guest JediIgor

The blaster bolt sizzled right past his face. He could feel the heat radiating from it, as it passed by. “Too close for my liking, but far enough to make a difference,” Syad thought. The blaster bolt, as any modern projectile left a tracer on it that could be followed. He turned and almost instantly saw his assailant, hiding behind a sienna-colored pillar, estimated to be a dozen meters or so away.

“Now’s my chance,” thought Syad. Slowly rising up from behind his cover, a fallen sabacc table, he readied his blaster, a BlasTech DH-17 model, and took two shots at where last the person was sighted. Two green bolts of energy were spewed out, but to no avail. The projectiles were harmlessly reflected off the warehouse’s walls, the opponent undamaged. Seconds later, a barrage of bolts shook the table.

“When the usual fails, one must improvise,” realized Syad. He had mere moments before his opponent would decide to change position. Rapidly looking up, over the table, he gazed across the building, across the obstacles, across nothing but an abandoned warehouse. Hastily, Syad reached for his utility belt, and unclipped a thermal detonator. In the seconds that followed, he lobbed the grenade-like object across the area, towards his opponent. As the thermal detonator flew, he could hear the beeping, signs of it being activated. “I must take cover, however, or else be caught in the explosion,” he thought, as he ducked back behind the table.

An explosion soon rocked the building, followed by a flash of white light everywhere. Everything was as if whole for a moment, and yet nothing was. “Game Over - You Win!” – the first thing that followed the burst of light. Syad took his helmet off, and could see the lid of the simulator hiss as it was opened up. The entertainment complex soon filled his view, with his ‘opponent’ across from him, on the other simulator, being almost as confused from the ride as Syad was.

The words, “You only die once,” could be heard echoing out of his simulator’s speakers, as Syad climbed out of it. Jumping out of it, he rushed over to the other simulator to talk to the ‘opponent’.

“Good game, Wayti,” recalled Syad.

“I gave myself away with that last bolt, didn’t I?” replied Wayti.

- “Indeed, friend you did.”

- “You, using your thermal detonator… that was a good move, I thought. A costly one for me, however, but it is something that intrigued me nevertheless.”

- “Shall we go now, or would you like another round of Holofrag?”

- “I’d rather not allow myself the pleasure of beating you this time around, if you know what I mean, my dear Syad,” fancied Wayti.

And so, with those words, they both started walking. The arcade’s exit was nearby, and neither Syad or Wayti decided to indulge themselves in any other games for the day. The sound of games faded, as they passed through the doors, and were further and further from the complex.

It was midday on Coruscant, but with all the skyscrapers blocking the sun, it might as well have been night.

---------------------------

I chose the title before I wrote the story.. but now I'm thinking of "The Game" or "Holofrag: The Game".. Any opinions to what I can change the title to? :o

Guest JediIgor

This was the homework for my English class on the first week of school (I think). It had to be two pages, double spaced. :roll:

Once the RPGs start up, I can (try to?) write in this style (except maybe in first person), so that you people will get enjoy reading the action anyhow.

Great story! You should do well in English class with imagination like that.

The next story should have Syad getting maimed by a lightsaber, though...hehehe :twisted:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Why is it that every time i start to write a new story or novel for Star Wars somebody else goes and nicks my idea. It happened with the Thrawn trilogy and the duology, now its happened with Jacens story in traitor. Why do authors keep nicking my ideas? How will i ever be recognised as a good short story writer?

Elvismiggell.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor

First of all, all those things you just listed were full-blown novels. Second of all, instead of complaining... go and write it.

(Don't forget to copyright it!!)

Then, when they nick your idea, you go sue them and get a few million dollars (I'm sure LEC can spare a few pennies), then donate a few thousand bucks to us :D

You know what i mean though, i get the idea for the basic premise of a novel, not as long as the books granted, but more or less the same story, just a lil bit shorter.

The prob is i get about halfway through when i find out that they'ren going to release a book following more or less the same plot.

Damned annoyin

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away