The Hunt for Zsinj....

Valliet

I don't think Thrawn would have given the SSD much use. At least in battle. He would have used it to impress natives, after he had seen through their art, or would have use it for a "garrison" fleet, to free up some Impstars to use in the front.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thrawn would have realized that while SSDs have lots of firepower, they are inherantly weak because of thier size. Their size says "HIT ME, I'M EXPENSIVE!". Most commanders throw them into battle, thinking they will single-handedly win it. Thrawn would have used it sparingly, keeping it out of herms way whenever possible.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

What species was/is thrawn? Im buying those books next tuesday when i my paycheck...also how much exactly did he end owning of the galaxy. Zsnij was metioned to have owned at least 1/5th...thrawn maybe 1/2...3/4?

When Thrawn returned the New Republic was just starting off (Jacen and Jaina weren't even borne yet) so the Empire still held most of the Galaxy. Also, Thrawn had his secret little empire, The Empire of the Hand, in the Unknown Regions. As for an exact percentage, I can't say.

Thrawn is of the Chiss species, who control a large number of systems in the Unkown Regions. Their government is based on houses, or ruling families. I think there are five ruling families, though there are sub-families as well. Each is distinguished by the colouration of its members, and have relatives in every wing of the government, from beurocratic to military. Each family controls ships in the navy, though there is a generic Officer core that commands those ships.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

The official Empire at the time of Thrawn's campaign was reduced to a quarter of it's former size, so about a fifth of the galaxy?, the New Republic might have controlled a similar size, and the rest of the world were independent or allied with the other warlords, or part of Thrawn's secret Empire in the Unknown Regions.

At the time of his "death", he may have controlled half of the known galaxy. After all Ackbar said that at a time Thrawn was taking about two or three sectors at the week from the Rebellion, and undoubtedly some of the independent worlds must have allied themselves with him.

Zsinj turned rogue just after the battle of Endor shortly after being comissioned his SSD (Iron Fist).

I managed to get hold of a copy of 'Wraith Squadron' in which Zsinj makes brief appearances. It isn't the best book for information on Zsinj, but it's a start. It seems to me that he hired old tacticians to make plans for him and he carried them out with his vast resources and fire power. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Razor's Kiss operation the only plan Zsinj came up with himself?

"Uh...Crespin, I'd like to reconsider the terms of my surrender..." -The last heroic words of Admiral Apwar Trigit

So there was more than 1 SSD...why wasnt the others at the battle of endor..u would think they wuld have put them there if the Death Star was under contruction there. How odd..... :?

Im pretty sure he didnt go rogue until after coruscant fell. I belive that was what was stated in the x-wing series.

But i may be wrong.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

I'm afraid Zsinj is not in the first X-Wing book.

(Trust me, I've looked)

"Uh...Crespin, I'd like to reconsider the terms of my surrender..." -The last heroic words of Admiral Apwar Trigit

I didn't think Zsinj cam in until Alliston started writing about Wraith Squadron. I don't think any of his book were actually about Rogue Squadron.

You are correct. Allston's books start off with Rogue Squadron returning from Thyferra and Antilles's immediate formation and transferal to Wraith Squadron. Edited by Valliet

Zsinj is mentioned in Wedge's Gamble and the Krytos Trap. The platform over Yag'hdul is under his control.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Indeed, Zsinj does not appear until Allston carries on the series (and at first Zsinj himself hardly appears, having his subordinates doing all the real work and Zsinj just 'straw bossing'). Zsinj is meant to replace Isard (Stackpole's villain) after her apparent 'death'. Stackpole hated the Zsinj character (that Allston insisted upon) and was pleased he was killed before Stackpole returned to conclude the series, bringing back Isard in the seventh sequel (Book #8 ) Isard's Revenge. Edited by Valliet

Perhaps 'hate' was too strong a word. Let's change it to 'strong dislike', despite the fact that Zsinj was far more original than Isard.

i wouldnt go so far as to say Zsinj was more original that Isard. I think they were both equal in that regard.

Although overall, Iceheart was way cooler.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Thing is Stackpole always liked to deal with evil females: Isard, Erisi, Leonia...

He probably didn't want to work with Zsinj, as he wanted to focus on the Coruscant-Thyferra story, and Zsinj most likely wouldn't have fitted it.