The Hunt for Zsinj....

Valliet

After reading the 'Thrawn Trliogy' for the first time, I became aware of the dozens of other post ROTJ novels. I did a little research and came across the Imperial Warlords. Trioculus, Moff Harsh, High Admiral Teradoc, and finally, Warlord Zsinj.

A lot of sites mentioned him briefly, but very few had actual information about him. I was perplexed because I had found loads of pictures and biographies for the others, but not a single one of Zsinj. I finally found a vague description and short bio of him in the Force.net Encyclopedia. I also found out he was in the 'X-Wing' series. Seeing as how I had already read all about the other warlords, I thought I might as well read about Zsinj in more detail. Having enjoyed the first X-Wing books (in which Zsinj was disappointedly absent) I ventured to buy the sequels (with Zsinj :D ). I was, by now, very annoyed at not being able to find Zsinj anywhere.

At my local book store, I searched for such books as Wedge's Gamble, Solo Command, Iron Fist, and The Courtship of Princess Leia in all of which Zsinj was the main villain. I was pleased that Zsinj would finally no longer be a mystery...but, wasted hope! The store had none of these books! I scoured the entire Science Fiction aisles, but no sign. They had all the X-Wing books except the ones where Zsinj was present! He had evaded me again! :x

This seems to be the only picture of Zsinj ever made:

http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/zsinj.jpg

All other pictures (like my avatar) seem to come from this one.

What I want to know is: What's the deal with Zsinj? Why is there so little about him on the internet? Why are his books so rare? I was under the impression that he was a popular character. Can anyone tell me?

P.S. Anyone with further information about Zsinj (websites etc.), please contact me! For now, my search continues.... :(

Edited by Valliet
"Uh...Crespin, I'd like to reconsider the terms of my surrender..." -The last heroic words of Admiral Apwar Trigit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem that you are right. I've searched everwhyere and have only been able to come up with minimal information on Zsinj. I think the reason for this is taht most people weren't really impressed by him. He a was a poor tactician who threw away his resources in senseless battles. I mean, he lost the Iron Fist, a Super Star Destroyer! Then, rather than repare it, he converts it into the Razors Kiss, a useless piece of junk! It's enough to make any loyal Imperial scream.

I was able to find this brief synopsis of what happened i nthe X-Wing books (not the ones by Stackpole). The grammare isn't very good, but I'm sure you can work around that.

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/jedicouncil/books4.html

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I must say Zsinj is not such a bad tactician he managed to put together many projects which would have heavily weakened the republic if they had not been discovered. But I must say I agree with the point that he wasted ressources. But he did develop the TIE Raptor which was a pretty good craft.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Thanks for your help. I had discovered a survey of the top 10 favourite Imperials (Original trilogy and Expanded Universe) and Zsinj was #5, so I expected him to be rather popular (I thought the poll looked official :( ). If information is based on popularity, why does Teradoc have more information than Zsinj? He's in even less books and I thought he was a bit of an idiot in Isard's Revenge (the only X-Wing book I managed to find that day).

I was also under the impression that Zsinj was a brilliant tactician (so much for theForce.net). Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

I still have no idea why all his books are in short supply (there seems to be a plentiful stock of all the other X-Wing novels). I guess I'll never find out. :(

"Uh...Crespin, I'd like to reconsider the terms of my surrender..." -The last heroic words of Admiral Apwar Trigit

Just wait for them to be reedited. I won't say much for fear of spoiling the pleasure when you read them. But Zsinj DID make some bad decisions at moments.

Well, he was insane, wasn't he? I suspect he would make some very big mistakes. :wink:

The full list was:

1: Vader

2: Thrawn

3: Fett ???

4: Isard

5: Zsinj

6: Pellaeon

7: Piett

8: Veers

9: Palpatine

10: Needa (I'm surprised he made it, I thought Tarkin or Fel would be on here for sure)

Anyway, back to Zsinj, I'm going to try once more to find him at Indigo (another branch of Chapters, but hopefully more competent). I'm not getting my hopes up. :( (I'd still appreciate any more Zsinj info just in case) :)

Thanks.

Edited by Valliet

There are a lot of Imperials I've heard of, but never actually read about. Teradoc, for example. I've read his entry in the SW Encyclopedia, but have never ready any books about him. The same with Screed.

The Chapters where I live is always well-stocked in the X-Wing series, though I'm not sure why. I guess SW books aren't as popular here. You can always ask your local Chapters (or Indigo) to order or transfer the book to your store. I don't think they charge extra for that.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

It costs nothing to reserve a book, but to transfer I think you must pay a small fee (especially for all four of the novel's Zsinj is in). I'll give it a try, but I'll probably end up just getting them from Amazon.com.

There are a lot of Imperials I've heard of, but never actually read about. Teradoc, for example. I've read his entry in the SW Encyclopedia, but have never ready any books about him. The same with Screed.

Teradoc makes a brief appearance in Darksaber and is mentioned in some Stackpole books, Screed is from the "Droids" Tv Series.

Zsinj was insane there's no douibt about it..

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I dont think Znijs was insane, i think he had quit a hold on reality. Moreso than most people. He just had an ego. And a nice long string of bad luck.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Well, considering he ended up controlling almost a fifth of the galaxy at one point, he had the right to have an ego.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Well in the x-wings series Zsinj escapes with the republic thinking they destroyed the Iron Fist. In the book you mentioned before han descovers that he is alive and killes him.

Which is a travesty. I think they should have kept Zsinj alive until at least thrawn came back. Think of the battle that could have been.

Exactly. Thrawn would have been forced to take them from him. Including the much vaunted Iron Fist. That, and once Zsinj was dealt with, think of all the resources thrawn would have had.

Would have been quite a battle for sure. From what ive heard it appears that thrawn was quite the tactician and Zsnij from what ive read so far always seems to come up short :? MMm imagine the iron fist in thrawns hands! Would have been put to much better choice IMO :x