Star Wars OT DVD Changes

Texas_Fett

I've only watched these once through after purchasing them the other week, but some of the more notable things mentioned in them I can confirm as well. There was one other thing I had noticed during the New Hope lightsaber fight, and that's the flashes of light when the sabers clash. Maybe its just me, but before I could'a sworn the flash was white, but I'm seeing flashes of green everytime they intersect now.

Maybe it was always like that, I don't know. Just struck me as different.

As for Temura Morrison's voicing of stormtroopers voices, I honestly couldn't tell if he had. I did however definitely notice the change with Boba Fett.

Unfortunately I didn't notice any changes/additions to the space battles. They all appear to be the '97 fixes. Although maybe its me again, but one area I thought seemed different anyway, was the rebel fleet's retreating from the forthcoming exploding Death Star II (w/Endor backdrop). The perspective of them moving away after Wedge n' company exiting seemed to be at a quicker pace. If anything, probably just a small perceptual change to show that fleet's traveling progression away from the viewer *shrug*

I agree on the perception of the way Hayden portrayed Anakin's ghost. Seemed a bit more forboding in his facial features than he ought to have been heh. I liken it to the way he was eyeballing Padme when she tells him not to look at her that way lol :)

If you have a high def TV the boxes REALLY SHOW.

If anyone pys colse attrention, they are the same movies that were shown recently in theaters... the special edition movies??? or Mabey we bought a diffrent eddition thay you are talking about... Silver case with the origional poster siding right?

Well, comparing the New Theater virsion with the DVD version it is hard for this nerd to spot any difrences...

War is the continuation of politics by other means...

The primary differences between the DVD and the Special Edition is in the picture and sound quality. The picture is much smoother and crisp. I was a little dissapointed when I went into the theater, after paying $10, only to find out that the image quality was as fuzzy as ever. This release wasn't so much about changes as improving the experience and bringning the movies to a new format.

Also, the stormtroopers all got to keep their origninal voives, thankfuly. I'm still pissed about Fett, but what can you do?

There is still one "glitch" I wish Lucas had fixed. At times in ANH Luke's lighsaber looks green, and others blue. Maybe it's just me?

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Where is the continuity team when you need them?

I was glad o see in the Vader-Obi fight the flashing sabers had been fixed, there were a couple clips where Obi's saber was seen from a down blade view, and the CG effects ran out of a big enough area.

War is the continuation of politics by other means...

There is still one "glitch" I wish Lucas had fixed. At times in ANH Luke's lighsaber looks green, and others blue. Maybe it's just me?[/color]
Ohh, so I'm not going color-blind :lol::lol::lol:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif