Star Wars: Battlefront

That's a pretty good video card for a very good price. If you get a system like that, you'll be able to handle pretty much any game, for a while that is.

I like the new Blason, it incorperates everything I like about the Empire.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JediIgor
I read in PC Gamer (I think) that there will be restrictions on vehicle hi-jacking. FOr example, if a vehicle is abandoned in the middle of the battlefield, the opposing team can take control of it. However, if the vehicle is inside an enemy base, it can only be controlled by that faction. Also, if a base is captured the vehicles will convert to the capping faction's.

As for a clan, I think we could get a lot of people to join an SWR clan, though it would be better to simply play without a clan. The tast of forming a heirarchy can be a pain.

The restrictions are pointless. If someone is GOOD enough to sneak into the enemy base, or if the enemy's defenses are BAD enough to let him sneak in, there should be no reason why he couldn't hijack the stuff. Think about it, in real life if someone sneaked into your base, wouldn't it make sense that he would be able to drive out of it on an Abrams tank?

UT2004's made at least a bit of sense to me, your vehicle was "locked" to the other faction until someone from your side drove it once. But this stuff is just silly, make it more like BF1942 where anyone can use any vehicle :).

We wouldn't really need anyone in command, in games like this you just put the clan name and play together. We could have hmm...Mad, Thrawn, Fishace, Spamtilliles and I.

The hijacking thing is good to know :D

Count me in :-). I can't say I'll be there for scrims/training but when you guys have real matches I'll be sure to drop in some of my l33t BF1942 skill in there ;).

I doubt the system reqs are very high for the game, after all, it's using the BF1942 engine. Right now you can upgrade you PC to a 2400 for $100 (and that's Canadian!), and an Nvidia Ge-force 4 4400ti is only around $120 (also Canadian). As long as your mother board can accomodate these, you could upgrade your computer for around $100 (American).

It's not using BF1942 engine and according to LEC they started developing it before BF1942 even came out (hahaha, bullshit and lies if you ask me).

If we get good enough, we can spam all of the servers with people who want to join... all of this is assuming that the game is a success. It could end up like BFV.

If it doesn't use too much CPU I can host a BF server off of my dedicated box that's only running Counter-Strike 1.6 right now.

Iwill join the clan no matter what. I am the one who had the idea in the first place. And I can already imagine ourselves being the rpublic and taking a gunship.

One piloting, two in the side cannons and two ready to be unloaded. The gunship pulls in, unloads the troopers and then starts circling the zone to assist in taking out the enemy menace.

Heh, I guess.. though I think we might be disappointed by the final Battlefront.

And what do you think of this configuration?

Processor: Athlon XP 3000/400 150 Euros

Graphic Card: Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB 250 Euros

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy LS 75 Euros

Mother board: A7N8X-E Deluxe WI-FI Edition 120 Euros

For you info the Euro is about the same as the US$

Total= 595 without counting a new disk drive and what not

Shell out some more and get an Athlon 64 3000+, it's a LOT a LOT better, has future 64-bit compatibility..

Graphic card, no comment, depends on what you have now, I'd buy a GeForce 6800 (or the cheapest 6xxx you can find) because those have PS3 support and are about 100% faster than older generation instead of just a small 10-20% faster.

Sound card, Audigy is the best, Audigies are generally teh same (Audigy1/2 different but Platinum/non-platinum aren't different).

Motherboard seems a bit expensive, you don't need integrated wi-fi (trust me) and I don't like ASUS myself (Gigabit hasn't caused any problems while I had to send 2 ASUS K8Vs back to the store cause their gigabit integrated ethernet wasn't working with my CPU).

In the end I think Battlefront will be a hugely disappointing game because generally all multi-platform games are crap. The only good games are the ones that were released with PC in mind first (Morrowind, Jedi Knight II, etc).

What will probably be the case here is LEC catering to all the general population who know jack shit about Star Wars and only using the vehicles we see in the movies as well as having the big toys unusable (AT-AT drivable? unless they gimp it, NO WAY).

and I don't think we'll be seeing capital ships either.. too bad.. BF1942 had Carriers and Destroyers.. but I guess LEC lost its talent because whoever made XvT and JK1 isn't around anymore.

Capitol ships would be pointless anyways. ONly Tarkin was stupid enough tp take them into the atmosphere. As for a pilotable AT-AT, i'm also scheptical since the legs don't pivot, so how the hell does the thing turn?

You comments on the 6800 are true. It would perform a lot better than the 9800 Radeon, but if you want a good systme for cheap, that's not the best way to go. I'd go for hte X800 anyways. the ATI had better performance than the 6800 on most things, though for Doom 3 the NVidia is better.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest JediIgor
Capitol ships would be pointless anyways. ONly Tarkin was stupid enough tp take them into the atmosphere. As for a pilotable AT-AT, i'm also scheptical since the legs don't pivot, so how the hell does the thing turn?

Well they just *turned* in Force Commander :-). Also for capital ships I meant anything that's bigger than a starfighter (Corellian Corvettes, Frigates, etc).

You comments on the 6800 are true. It would perform a lot better than the 9800 Radeon, but if you want a good systme for cheap, that's not the best way to go. I'd go for hte X800 anyways. the ATI had better performance than the 6800 on most things, though for Doom 3 the NVidia is better.

Ah, according to most tests X800 and 6800 are largely on par, but here is why nVidia is ultimately a better choice: PS3.0 support, better Doom 3 benchmarks (hell, for $100 cheaper you get better FPS than X800 XT). But ATI did say they will be releasing new drivers before Doom 3 comes out, that might help with the FPS (and maybe they'll even include PS3 in a later driver.. who knows? but this is the status quo).

If you're buying an older generation than the ATI is definitely the way to go :-).

Iwill join the clan no matter what. I am the one who had the idea in the first place. And I can already imagine ourselves being the rpublic and taking a gunship.

One piloting, two in the side cannons and two ready to be unloaded. The gunship pulls in, unloads the troopers and then starts circling the zone to assist in taking out the enemy menace.

And what do you think of this configuration?

Processor: Athlon XP 3000/400 150 Euros

Graphic Card: Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB 250 Euros

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy LS 75 Euros

Mother board: A7N8X-E Deluxe WI-FI Edition 120 Euros

For you info the Euro is about the same as the US$

Total= 595 without counting a new disk drive and what not

Don't worry mad, there will always be a place here, next to me and in front of my COMPUTER, like there has always been. And count me in if I am not to late, I will by BF as soon as it comes out here, but NEVER count me in the reb ranks, NERVER will you see me with them and if you come by that is the only condition.

Oh and I also have a question those any one know when it is going to come out???

I will join any clan that lets me shoot people. If it shall be with you geeks, than so be it.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

The game will be released September 21, and with LucasArts, they usually stick to their release dates (except for Force Commander...).

And I think games would be like this without shooting. WARNING:Only the brave should click on the official site link!

http://www.vugames.com/product.do?gamePlatformId=527

I would face down legions of stormtroopers with nothing but a slingshot. Takinf on rogue Squadron while flying a crop duster armed with a BB gun sounds like a fun idea.

But that link made me run in fear.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

That's what I get for watching Electric Playground. For some reason they actually did a revu on that game. It actually rated quite high.

That was scary. 8O Anyaway, battlefront looks like a good game. I'm only worried about balance, but generally that's not an issue with this kind of game. Or too big anissue, at least. Anyway, excuse me while I make myself a memo never to go to that site again.
"I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other and I've seen a lot of strange things but I haven't seen ANYTHING to prove that there's an all-powerful force controlling everything. No mystical energy field controls MY destiny."- Han Solo

Guest JediIgor
Don't expect any mod support from LucasArts, the only mod tools I remember them releasing were for Jedi Knight II and that's cause Raven was the developer.

It's basically BF1942 but completely SW. There may be oth features added in, but the SW features are the boon. For how far along they are in developemnet (or suppose to be) there really isn't a lot of info on the game.

JO has that anoying enemy spawn though. If you play Co-op, they just keep comming some times...

There are going to be special campaign features I here also. Like you take over planets and get special benifits. You're also able to call in Jedi heros if you do certain things. It should be similar to bf 1942, but with a twist
Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel