Crazy fight.....

BadSamaritan

Ok, i have been playing a game as the empire, hardest mod,e largest galaxy. I have been winning quite well this time around, but a few epionage missions told me the rebs were going for the killing blow and attacking curuscant with a rathar large fleet. Something like 50+ vessels.

So, naturally, i pull in every ship i can to defend the emperor, and vader was commanding one fo the fleets i pulled in. When the rebs arrive, i realise that i am going to have one hell of a fight on my hands. Our fleets were pretty much dead even. How did this end? Ill tell you.

I got beat by a correlian corvette. Thats right, a corvette. After around 30 minutes of fighting, the remaining 20 or so vessels in each fleet were crippled. A few had engines, but no one had guns. So, it all came down to who got guns first. A waiting game. Just my luck, a corvette i had targetted early on got its engines back, and manuvered towards my remaining SSD, with vader on it. Suddenly, it opened fire, and two shotted my SSD. Two shots, and it was done. Needless to say, i was astounded.

I was then forced to watch as this corvette slowly targeted and destroyed my vessels, one by one. It was pathetic. Eventually i got a carrack back, but it wasnt enough. I managed to start blasting their weaker vessels and blowing them up though.

End result, a single troop transport, a correlian gunship, and that blasted corvette were the only things left. And the gunship was still crippled.

But on the plus side, the emperor was safe, and the reb fleet retreated once the gunship could run. Overall, imperial vistory.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

oh, i have more fleets. two of them are moving in on their biggest shipyards right now. A third is running rampant leveling everything it comes across.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I always have to erase the numbers on any second ship of a kind. I hate seeing Imperial Star Destroyer 57. I HATE IT!! :evil::evil:

Yeah but the computer does name the ships odly sometimes....Whats the deal with the greek mythology names for an ISD :?

:arrow: Try the Textstra.dll from the PTESB download it has around 50 names for ships from the SW books :idea::wink: ]

:arrow: They not used this names cause the AI mix them on different categoryes so you may have SSD's named after ISD's and vice-versa....so they decided that new names will do....:(

:arrow: ...btw I incresed the number of names for ships in the Texstra.dll but somehow the game is not seeing them ......but they are some windows where the Texstra.dll is accepting new names :? ...damn source-code :(

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Wellm that game is done now. I took the rebels, bent them over, and did bad bad things to them with a death star.

And did you guys know accidently blowing up your own planets DRASTICALLY lowers the way the people of that sector look at you?

Oooo! I might have to try that out to Cain, my man, sounds like fun. :)

:arrow: Here is 35% of what to expect : http://www.swrebellion.com/postt1188.html

QUOTE:BadSamaritan

"And did you guys know accidently blowing up your own planets DRASTICALLY lowers the way the people of that sector look at you?"

Yes we did know that :) .... but not only one sector my friend ...the hole core sectors will dorp in loiality if you blow up planets :wink:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Guest Admiral_Antilles
And did you guys know accidently blowing up your own planets DRASTICALLY lowers the way the people of that sector look at you?

Yep, and I still do it!! MUHAHAHAHA!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I compleately destroyed two sectors before but it took awhile because I had to continually send my men out on diplonacy missions to keep uprising to a minimum.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
No, except when I gave the Rebels a Death Star via RebED. :) I ususally just play as Imps, it's more fun and better. :wink:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well of course it takes longer as imps. Rebels already have their target, Coruscant, they then get to choose when they want to attack while the Empire has to search for theirs.

Ok, by all rights, i had that game won. i had all their main chars captured, their fleet was on the run, and i was marching over everything to find thier headquarters.

Suddenly, the empereor gets captured. the next thing i know, thwe whole seswanna sector turns against me. So not only do the rebs have Curuscant, thay have the emperor, my largest shipyard, and my largest troop facility.

naturally, i send vaders fleet to get back my shipyard before they can build anything with it, or blow it up. Go figure, the defence guns i had in place blow up vaders SSD. Oops. Setback number one. Then, the rest of vaders fleet gets wiped out as i try to take back that planet. Setback number two.

So, i bring a pair of fleets back to help retake the sector. One to Curuscant, naturally, the other one to try the shipyards again. Setbacks three and four, both fleets get wiped, due to the fact that the rebs managed to build enough troops to defend Curuscant from anything but a deathstar, and the planetary guns make mincemeet out of my fleets.

now, i am being forced to fight a defensive war.

Should i just give up now?

If you want to give up go ahead, but if you can take your time you can probably win. You have most of the core right? And some holdings in the rim? You could easily build up a few fleets to wipe out any lightly defended Alliance holding, and when the time is right, take Coruscant.
Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel

NO!

don't ever give up to the rebel scum!!! :x:x

you must wipe out there well I guess now that they got coruscant that there not so much pathetic anymore...... but in that case never giveup to that damned new republic scum!

you can still beat them just send Vader into hideing for awile so he don't get captured an try to find the Emp and take back coruscant!

Or if you think you cant possably win then.......... just blowup as much of there stuff as is possable befor they defeet you! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

:!: Just remember that the rebels are the evil ones and that you are fighting for the good and just side in the war! :D

-"The major is a good man means well and works hard. Undortunatly, he would not be able to get a clue if he went out into a field full of horny clues during clue mating season , smeared his naked body with clue musk, and danced the ritual clue mating dance."-

-"Now there's an image I'd really have preferred you'd kept to yourself."-

Guest Admiral_Antilles
:!: Just remember that the rebels are the evil ones and that you are fighting for the good and just side in the war! :D

Never met you before, Canno, but I like your style. Your alright. 8)