Disaster at Coruscant

UntimelyDemise

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh . . . well, it's about this hunter going to South America to hunt jaguars and gets stranded on an island owned by two Russians: a small one named Zaroff and his servant, Ivan. Zaroff is the greatest hunter in the world and has hunted every animal on the face of the Earth, but it turns out that after so many years of hunting he no longer feels a challenge from hunting. So he starts to hunt stranded sailors on his island. So he tells the main character to hide on the island for 3 days and if he can do so, Zaroff will release him. In the end, the guy out-smarts Zaroff and ends up killing him and Ivan. :? It's a lot better than how my brief summary makes it sound.

Well, the story never had a picture of Zaroff included anywhere. In actuality, Zaroff is described as having a thin face and being short, which is not what Zsinj looks like, it's just the way I envisioned Zaroff to look like was fat with a black, curly mustache (the mustache was from the story, though). I was merely pointing out that it reminded me of him.

Believe it or not, I have yet to read the novels with Zsinj in them. Can you believe that? I've actually, only read a few STAR WARS novels, but some (like the Thrawn and Hand of Thrawn series), I've read more than once (as a matter of fact, I'm reading the Thrawn trilogy now for the 3rd time). The novels I've read so far are:

Tales of the Bounty Hunters

Tales from Jabba's Palace

Shadows of the Empire (in process of finishing for second time)

The Truce at Bakura

X-Wing: Rogue Squadron

X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble

X-Wing: The Krytos Trap

X-Wing: The Bacta War (in process of finishing)

Heir to the Empire x3

Dark Force Rising x3

The Last Command x2 (in process of finishing for third time)

Jedi Search

Dark Apprentice

Champions of the Force x2

Darksaber

Specter of the Past x2

Vision of the Future x2

Of course, I own all the novels from A New Hope onward to Vector Prime. Plus, I only read 3 novels at a time (I would read more, but more than 3 is simply too many books to carry around). As soon as I finish one of three I'm reading, I'll start X-Wing: Wraith Squadron and then Vector Prime.

Personally: I'm into the whole lack-of-humor thing. Plus, I don't get why everyone's always jabbing at a lack there of in Zahn's novels. I saw plently of humor. They jokes were, admitably, quite subtle and not the kind that you can laugh at for a very long time, but it makes you smile and chuckle once or twice to yourself. Plus, he had about as much humor as Anderson had in his.

So . . . the Zsinj novels are the funnier ones? :? Ugh . . . just not my favorite thing in a STAR WARS novel. I guess it comes with the whole pilot theme to the X-Wing novels (if you've ever met real military pilots, whether it be planes or helicopters, they're all pretty much big morons--that's not meant offensively, just jokingly).

It's part of the X-Wing series a squadron worth of morons, and then of course fighting a megalomaniac moron, Zsinj.

They tend to be rather funny, and eventually you'll burst out laughing aloud.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

It's part of the X-Wing series a squadron worth of morons, and then of course fighting a megalomaniac moron, Zsinj.

They tend to be rather funny, and eventually you'll burst out laughing aloud.

So idiots fighting idiots :? . . . oh hell. :x

So were my assumptions correct: Zsinj is indeed an idealistic maniac who will do anything for power? Or should I just read and figure it out for myself?

You should read it and form your own opinion of Zsinj, this way you might enjoy a book that some one else might have not liked.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

You should read it and form your own opinion of Zsinj, this way you might enjoy a book that some one else might have not liked.

Point.

But then again, I may not have the patience to read a funny STAR WARS book that entales two moron forces fighting each other. :lol::wink:

It's better than Darksaber. I have had to muster more patience to start the first chapter of Shields of Lies, as I needed for the X-Wign Series, they are among thebest SW books.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The X-Wing books are really good, I liked when they branched off and formed Wraith Squadron.

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Interesting because the X-Wing novels bored me the most . . . well, except for all that Jedi/Force crap in the Jedi Academy triology.

Oh no . . . once again I am the holder of a very small minority opinion.

How were they boring? I thought them all, at the very least, entertaining.

How were they boring? I thought them all, at the very least, entertaining.
I just didn't find them as interesting or good as, say, the Thrawn series, Hand of Thrawn duology, or Darksaber. I just can't stand stories that you can truly tell the "good guys" will win. The X-Wing novels to me simply gave off this " 'good guys' will win, 'bad guys' don't even have a chance" vibe. They were simply uninteresting to me.