Star Wars Fan Fiction

Texas_Fett

I can already hear the collective groans from y'all. :wink: I've browsed through the archives at tf.n too, and been disappointed by what I've found. Everything is 'alternate universe' this, 'Jedi whupping heiney' that...but nothing really featuring pilots or fleet action, arguably the central aspect of Rebellion, and certainly the source of the popularity of the Rogue Squadron series of novels, games, etc. (Wish there was a toy line, though.) :D In short, I've been rather disappointed with Star Wars-themed fanfiction as a whole. However, I have found a couple of gems that I feel I should share with the community here.

Seriously, though, I'm not about to post my latest attempt at a Star Wars themed short story. Rather, I'm going to post a link to a pair of sites that have some rather quality stories, IMHO.

http://www.coronasquadron.com/pics/corona-logo.JPG

Corona Squadron features the exploits of a Rebel starfighter squadron by the same name. No Jedi (yet!), no 'canon' characters...just the everyday Rebels that make up the backbone of the Alliance. I've been e-mailing back and forth with the author for awhile now, and I have to say, she's done some quality work here. I haven't had this much fun reading in the Star Wars universe since Zahn, Stackpole and Allston (high praise, to be sure, but well deserved). Read all of the stories in order, although 'Solid Ground' is by far her best work. What's more, she's now discovered this site, and is experiencing the wonderful world of Star Wars capital ships being more than just a means to ferry around the starfighters and the jocks who pilot them. :wink: Read 'em. You won't regret it.

http://downtime.echostation.com/images/banner-downtime-white.gif

"The Pilot's Lounge" at Downtime features some really good stories as well, all centered around pilots and fleet action (in fact, it's where I first discovered Corona Squadron). But's it not just all Rebel; no, there are stories from the Imperial POV as well. Good stuff.

Anyhow, I know these may not really interest some of y'all, and they may be simply out-of-the-question for those of you whose English is a bit shaky. Others may feel that they've read all about Rogue and Wraith Squadrons, so why bother with these? But if you get a chance, check them out.[/img]

And if you know of any other good SW Fan-fics, post links to 'em here!

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

:arrow:.... Now I remember you posted the other link also :)...that I forget and I search for :)...

:arrow: Can you give us a thread with all the fan fic links that you know ?! Stuff to read that you could find on a web page ?! Thanks :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Hey Cain!

The two links I posted above will take you to two different sites with some really good stories. Otherwise, the largest repository of Star Wars fan fiction is on theforce.net.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Yeah i always was a lil dissapointed with tf.n, but this is lookinfg promising... :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yep TF.N sucks! another member from here, Igorimp, wrote a pretty cool fanfic a while ago, about Kuat Drive Yards.

I'll have to check those two links out, perhaps i'll finally be inspired enough to finish my two fan fics...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Why not ask him if he'll post it here whilst he's at it?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

It was about 30+ (IIRC) pages long, it's not someting you post in a thread, he could host it somewhere and put a link somewhere... Taling about fanfics, what happened to your Kyle-NJO story, Elvis?

Wel um.... :oops: i guess this strange thing known as a degree happened to it...

It's not on my pc anymore... ah well... maybe i'll start another. Though personally i prefer role plays because you get to mix and match writing styles.

I miss the Zoot Wars. :(

Don't worry dude, already working on it.

Ok, just downloaded all the Corona Squadron stories, my little download manager came in handy again :roll::wink:

Now I just need some time to read them :lol:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

The story "Solid Ground" is pasted on the TF.N boards, and so is a bit difficult to read without spoilers and audience reaction to each scene. If you want a copy in Word, PM me and I'll send it along.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Hi there, everyone. I figured I should say hi and introduce myself. :)

I'm Katie (or Thumper), and I'm the author of the Corona Squadron stories shown above. TF pointed me over to this site and these boards, and here I am. :wink: I just got Rebellion in the mail today (*happy*), and the timing couldn't have been better with a three-day holiday weekend here in the U.S. You'll be seeing more of me on the boards now as I try to figure this game out. :)

I'll be the first to admit that I'm clueless about capital ships, but I'm hoping Rebellion will help me with that or at the very least give me a basis to ask halfway-intelligent questions about them. Once that happens, I can go back and fix all the capital ship stuff in my stories, so if you read them, just smile and nod for now when you get to those parts. :wink:

In the meantime, today I posted a new revision of one of my stories ("How to Handle Yourself"). It's the same story that was posted there previously, I just tried to make it smoother, more descriptive and easier to read. If you're interested in seeing the newer version, it's available on the website, or you can PM me for the file.

If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for improvement with any part of any of these stories, I'm more than happy to hear them. PM, e-mail, carrier pigeon...I don't care. Actually, my cat might like the carrier pigeon option...

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, as well as learning all about this big, new, mysterious world of SW:R.

-Thumper

TIE pilots shake at the sound of my name! ...Hey, wait! You're not supposed to be shaking with laughter!

Which way did they go? How many of them were there? How fast were they going? I must find them! I am their LEADER!

Well first of all welcome. :D

Hope you enjoy your stay, and we're more than happy to answer your questions.

Speaking for myself my knowledge comes from all the novels, rather than Rebellion, from which i have gleaned a little. :D

Books are the way to go when you're trying to figure out capital ships.

Unfortunately to get the entire novel collection you're looking at a lot of money, but feel free to ask any and all questions.

And don't worry about looking stupid... for some of us that's a profession. :D

Wel um.... :oops: i guess this strange thing known as a degree happened to it...

It's not on my pc anymore... ah well... maybe i'll start another. Though personally i prefer role plays because you get to mix and match writing styles.

I miss the Zoot Wars. :(

Weep not my multi-fingered-energized-friend! For as I type these elusive words I happen to know for a fact that a certain cat has been staring intently at the TV... Slaughter of the Lambs...on BBC One...

BEWARE oh student-dude!

Beware...indeediness!

NEVER take life for granted!

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Hehe, i'm looking forward to the typolectual challenge. :D

We seriously need an area for writers... :D We've got a couple here Fishface, Mad, Me...and now Thumper.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Hi Thumper. TF Has told me some wonderful things about your writings. I am hoping to get some down time to read them soon. It is summer and my scheldule should be easing up a lot.

I don't know any info to give you (while I've seen the movies I have not delved into the whole star wars wolrd that deeply). All I know is everytime TF gets on a writing kick ( he is an awesome writer) he normally buys about 3 or 4 books in research for it.

"You came in THAT thing? You're braver than I thought." -Princess Leia

ElvisMiggell, thanks for the welcome and the advice. :) I've read some of the novels (namely X-wing and Thrawn Trilogy). The others I've tried haven't captured my interest as much as those have. I tend to be a somewhat slow reader, but once I get through my big "to-read" list I'll go back and give them another try.

And don't worry about looking stupid... for some of us that's a profession.

hee hee, cool. Sounds like I'll fit right in. :P

TF, yup, I found my way here. You won't be able to get rid of me now. :wink:

Stellar_Magic, have you ever gone to the TF.N fanfic boards? It's different from the TF.N archives, and it's solely for Star Wars fic.

Brass_Bra_Leia, hello! I know what you mean about being busy.

(snip) everytime TF gets on a writing kick ( he is an awesome writer)

From everything I've seen, I have to agree. :D (Hey, TF, find that disk yet? :wink: )

So, how loaded of a question is "what are the Zoot Wars?"?

-Thumper

TIE pilots shake at the sound of my name! ...Hey, wait! You're not supposed to be shaking with laughter!

Which way did they go? How many of them were there? How fast were they going? I must find them! I am their LEADER!

8O8O You've invoked his name :!::!::!:

The horror!

Actually, I've never experienced a 'Zoot War'. I've read about 'em in the threads, though, after a quick search. Zoot lives with Jahled, and occasionally gets a bit...um...carried away.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

The short version is:

Zoot is Jahled's psychopathical little Cat.

The long version you can find scattered in about a dozen different threads where the little kitty virtually killed us a few dozen times.

Yeah I've seen a couple attacks by psycho kitty Z**t...they're hilarious.

Thumper I haven't gone onto those Fan boards, perhaps I will but right now I'm concentrating on a different universe...my own :twisted:

On with cats...they are evil :wink:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke