Calling all writers!!!

Stellar_Magic

It's time I finally explain my name...and give an outlet for any fanfic writers + feedback so I'll get this insane party started with me Paul A Naughton, Creator of the Stellar Magic Universe: (Currently desperately searching for a publisher.)

So lets get this party started :twisted::twisted:

This is the Prolouge for the Series I'm working on: Stellar Magic

Long before man reached for the heavens in a jet of fire, a dark time was hidden. From it, all the horrors of the world paled in comparison as the beasts from beyond came to earth, and from these beasts the great legends of earth were born. The beasts were invaders from another world. In this dark time humanity seemed doomed to be enslaved by the tyrannical beasts. But the wizards, powerful men that sprang up in their wake, defeated the invaders. Eventually, fearful of their great power the kings of the world hunted down and exterminated the last witches and wizards of earth. The keys to their power lay forgotten, as was the great invaders except for in myth and legend.

Then in the twenty first century of our lord the invaders came again, but they were not prepared. Humanity had mastered the atom and managed to drive them back with their technology. During this time a wizard’s tomb was uncovered in southern England. He had been buried with a set of spell books along with a wand and staff. After years of experimentation their purpose became clear and magic was reborn. For the next two millennia the Brotherhood of Wizards would fight for humanity. This is where our story begins…

Feedback, ideas, spelling errors? :oops:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Southern England? 8O

Emm...well I hope it wasn't ME rudely roused from my god-given right to slumber.... :lol:

Very Michael Moorcockian

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Yeah, southern england. You'll notice a ton of omages to certain series including star wars. That's an omage to Harry Potter.

Some obvious ones however are found in the Character Names.

That was a prolouge this is however a section from the second book I'm working on.

James glanced around the darkened room. Smoke filled the ceiling from countless fires throughout the complex. He turned to see Mara pull a light from her cloak. He saw blood streaming down the side of her face. A cut ran from her eyebrow to her hairline. With a flick of her wrist she turned on the light and let its glow cast across the floor. She ripped the armor she wore over her cloak off and dropped it onto the floor. James could see a number of scratches and scars on the armor. He stepped forward and picked it up, “Keep it on.”

Mara didn’t listen as she withdrew a glowing green pack from her belt. She pulled down the top of her shirt to expose a slash across her shoulder slowly she layered the thick glowing contents on the wound. With that done she pulled the shirt back over. Then James saw another slash across her left side where an orc blast sword had smashed into the weak point of their personal armor. James sighed as he took the container of glowing gel from Mara and slowly plastered it over the scar on her side. As James applied the liquid James saw the wound begin to heal, the cells reacting and multiplying from the gel. James was about to begin to apply the gel onto the scratch across her eyebrow when the sound of metal scraping against the floor reached her ears.

James spun drawing the Pulse Pistol from his hip and flicking on its flashlight attachment. Mara knelt down and grabbed the Gre’Kila’Lerat Pulse Carbine from the floor. She lifted it to her shoulder and its light flipped on to illuminate a grey clad girl struggle out from the collapsed hallway. As the lights blazed on she raised her hands, “Don’t shoot it’s me!”

James lowered his pistol as he recognized the voice, “Jade?” He saw that the girl’s once clean armor was scored with strikes from swords and one side of her left shoulder plate was scored from a Pulse bolt. She had the laser rifle she’d once stolen strapped across her back and carried a PC-97A Pulse Carbine as she crunched across the wreckage. She pulled herself over the last crumbling piece of debris and gave them both a brave smile, “Reports of my death have been exaggerated.”

“Good I was hopping to be able to take care of you personally,” A voice hissed from a corner. Suddenly what had once been empty wall space showed a squad of orc commandos, Kar’Hur. At the middle of the squad was a battered female orc whose black rank insignia showed her importance, “We were friends Jade you and I, you may surrender now and I might forget about that pulse laser bolt.” The orc smiled in disgust, “You chose the losing side Jade. Tresnep lerat!” The orc commandos leveled their weapons. As the blast swords split orange and red lightning shot around them as their force field began to generate the pulse blast.

“Go to hell Drefma, I won’t go back,” Jade lifted her pulse carbine and fired nailing a Kar’Hur in the head. The orc slumped to the ground where his face had been replaced by a charred mass. One of the orcs fired and the bolt missed Jade by centimeters before blasting into the wall starting a small fire.

Mara raised her pulse carbine and fired dropping several of the orcs in the volley. James readied his rifle and was about to fire when a searing pain flashed across his shoulder. Glancing at his shoulder James saw the ceramic tile that protected it was blackened from a grazing pulse bolt. Without looking back James fired blasting an orc in the stomach and lifting it up and into the wall from the force of the blast. Dropping the rifle James drew his wand, “Trowdieo!” The orcs suddenly found themselves slammed against the wall. James saw Drefma’s crumpled form slide to the bottom of the wall. Her chest rose and fell but her head was now bloodied from the impact. She lay their alone in the collection of her comrades.

Jade stepped forward with her rifle leveled at the orc, “Drefma, who chose the losing side?”

“Jade, I’m sorry I…” The orc quivered as a wave of pain shot through her body, “I didn’t want to I was…following orders.”

Jade grasped the orcs hand and set aside the pulse carbine, “You could have refused…”

The orc looked up at her disbelieving, “How can you deny a god? He is a Rotef a god of our people.”

“He is no god, he can be killed,” Jade answered swiftly, “Join us…I was accepted your history is no worse then mine.”

“I’m sorry Jade…my life is fading away…if he isn’t a god…Jade,” The orc reached up and pulled Jade closer, “Free my people…promise me.”

“On my life’s honor, I will see them free,” Jade said clasping her hand over Drefma’s. She felt the life bleed out of her. Drefma tried to speak but couldn’t, “I will do the rights of passage.” The orc nodded then leaned back as her body failed. Slowly her green eyes closed as her life drifted away. Jade withdrew a pair of crystals from Drefma’s hip ouch and placed them over her eyes slowly she folded her hands, “Drül rêba allês otin dür dnah de lüso rüf re tadlos.”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Apparently the posting system doesn't like indents, excuse the confusing layout. :oops:

Signature:

No problem... it's looking good. I love the inclusion of a line from Corran Horn's miraculous return. :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guess what, I haven't read it yet. Isn't that ironic.

So you've seen ground combat, but what about Sapce Combat....

A hollow curse floated up from the sensor station, “Mister Jutland, do you have something to report?”

“I don’t know Captain, maybe it’s the sensors fouling up but I’m getting strange readings approaching from the moon,” The sensor man turned to the captain as she leaned forward to look over the station.

Kirk followed and looked over the captain’s shoulder, his features changed to a shrouded frown, “Captain, may I suggest yellow alert.”

The Captain was already leaning toward that motion, “Yellow alert! Shields up! Ready interceptor cannons!”

The outside of the ship glowed yellow momentarily as the shields activated around the hulk. James stepped next to Kirk, “What is it?”

“Readings are fading in and out but it could be a cloaked ship,” Kirk said his brow furrowed.

“Cloaked, this is Remji Major,” James said aghast. There had never been an orc attack on the world or the space surrounding it.

Kirk nodded, “Hasn’t doesn’t mean never James.” He looked out the viewport and thought for a moment that he saw a distortion of the background of stars.

“Readings are firming up!” The sensor man announced starring at his console readings.

“How long to Vermicee Station?” Kirk asked the navigator who sat fear playing over his features.

“One hour five minutes,” the Navigator answered shaking his head, “No way we can outrun an attacker.”

“Shit,” The sensor man was shrieking now, “Res’Treka class Commerce raider decloaking!”

The enemy captain sat watching her target through the view screen. She turned to the sensor officer as he reported, “Jukin sperka vernas ka! (Their shields are up!)” She spoke in Rotef, the universal language of the dark worlds. The orcs took this as a show of her seriousness and answered in the same.

“Ku’linas. (Very well),” The captain answered with a wave of her glove-incrusted glove, “Tremi alik batil. (Target all batteries.)”

“Bev’re kasa,” answered the orc weapon officer as he placed his thumb on the firing command button.

Offering a silent prayer for those onboard the target the captain stopped for a moment and twirled a lock of her black hair, “Kila! (Fire!)”

“Weapons fire,” The Sensor operator cried in alarm as glowing orange bolts shot toward the ship.

“Weapons activate interceptors,” The Captain yelled. Outside a dozen Gatling pulse cannons opened fire. Their weapons charged a brilliant blue and eliminated the plasma bolts before they impacted the hull in a blaze of bright light.

The Sensor operator looked up from his console, “Their launching starfighters.”

The captain spun to the comm officer and spat out an order, “Contact air traffic control, get them to scramble their fighters!”

James felt Kirk lay a hand on his shoulder, “They won’t be in time, come with me.”

James ran after Kirk as he entered the turbo lift. As the doors closed behind them he heard the Captain, “Get repairs going on those sails!” James knew the sails were undefended, and a shield over them would destroy the solar wind, the very source of their propulsion.

James turned to Kirk, “Where are we going?” The turbo lift lights blink on and off as he spoke.

“To my ship, we’ve got to get rid of those fighters, if we don’t they take out the interception batteries and that raider will ripped the ship’s guts open,” Kirk said as the doors swished open. James ran after him as he sped into the rear of the Strafe class gunship. Within moments James found himself behind the controls of the twin defensive laser cannons. As he strapped in he heard Kirk, “Bridge this is Wildcat, requesting launch.”

“Huner dera ober (Hanger doors opening),” An orc yelled from the sensor station.

The captain frowned, why would the enemy open their hanger doors, perhaps this ship was more then it seemed. Her thoughts were brought to a screeching halt by the scream of the same orc, “Unick Strafe klase vesir leven huner! (Unknown Strafe class ship exiting hangar!)” The orc added in Uruk its native language, Uruk, “Tsilhc (Shit.)”

The Captain knew instantly what had occurred. They’d caught a ship with a wizard onboard. She knew that the destruction of the ship was no longer the best choice open to her. She leaned forward in the black command throne, “Rütver trekur veska! (Ready tracking missile!)”

James felt the craft shudder as golden bolts smashed into the shields. He could see the three enemies curving around, lining up their weapons. He swung his cannon toward them and saw the green crosshairs slid over one of them and he slammed down on the trigger. Two crimson lines speared the ship and James saw it evaporate in a golden fireball. Then the two remaining foes accelerated toward him. James felt the ship break right and the enemies continued their pursuit. Golden bolts flashed toward him, some missed the ship completely while others struck glancing blows against the shields. James fired again holding down the trigger and saw one of the orc fighters speed straight into the laser blast. The laser sheared off the left wing of its target and James saw the ship begin to spiral hopelessly out of control.

“Good shooting James, you learn fast,” Kirk’s voice came through the intercom. James saw an enormous golden blast speed by his glass dome as Kirk came on again, “I’m moving into torpedo rang on that commerce raider.”

James looked forward and saw the enormous black shape that was the orc commerce raider. He could see the giant red solar sails that were the main propulsion for the vessel and the three dim blue contrails that were the ships maneuvering thrusters. James felt the Wildcat shudder and saw a trio of bright blue missiles flash out from under the ship’s nose. James looked up at dim shape and though he could see the ship’s guns slowly moving to track onto him.

The captain turned from the view screen as she saw the torpedoes, “Rütver de leräte. Kila asad fihcs! (Ready the guns. Target that ship!)”

The weapons officer turned and smiled his crooked sharp teeth glinting in the red light, “Bev’re kasa. (By your will.)”

She sat back in the command chair and braced her small frame against the impact she knew would come. The ship rocked from the impact of the torpedoes. She yelled toward the engineer as sparks rained down from overhead electronics and a pipe burst spraying steam across the deck, “Nedahcs dnufeb! (Damage report!)”

“Kced fnuf dnu shces tbah nih gnummits kcurdna. Drobreuets batil tbah nih iewz ssibege… (Decks five and six have lost atmospheric pressure. Starboard battery has lost two cannons…)” The engineer answered as he tapped the console.

The weapons officer looked up from his position; he remained unharmed, “Trekur veska rütver! (Tracking missile ready!)”

“Treja trekur veska! (Launch tracking missile!)” The captain ordered over the din of battle. The captain smiled slightly as she watched a volley of glowing plasma bolts stream towards the Strafe class gunship.

James felt the gunship shake as a plasma blast smashed into the forward shield. Sparks shot from a circuit breaker just behind him and a miniature fire broke out, “Shit, fire in gunner’s seat.” The fire retardation equipment kicked in and a shower of foam sprayed into the sparks and flames. Within seconds the fire was out.

“Shields are out and the forward sensor is damaged,” Kirk said swiftly. James could see him query diagnostics, “We’ve lost some maneuvering thrusters. Engines are offline. We’re dead in space.”

A scream filled both their ears and James saw the black and red orc star fighter flash overhead, barely inches from colliding with their ship. The ship had come close enough that the shock wave from its movement had actually created a sound inside the ship, “Damn that was close.” James saw the orc star fighter curving up and away for another run. James swung his laser cannons into line and saw a second volley of golden bolts hurtling in his direction. One of the blasts scorched the right wing and the ship began to spin from the impact. As it spun James fired, sending a red stream of energy at his target but the burst of energy went wide. James saw beneath the wing root of the fighter a red glow and he fired again. A red missile roared out of the wing root and then exploded as the laser crossed its path. James saw the ship disappear behind a wall of flame.

Slowly he started to relax then the orc ship blazed through the flaming wall, its pulse cannons blazing. James felt his heart stop. He’d lowered his defenses. James jerked the laser cannons back in line and fired. The stream of energy smashed into the enemy ripping through the cockpit and then suddenly the ship blazed into a blossom of orange and red flames. Slowly James let out a slow breath.

The ship rocket again and James saw the stars spin overhead. Through the comm. James heard Kirk grunt with the exertion of trying to level the craft out and stop the spin. Through the canopy James saw the orc commerce raider. Golden bolts shot from its side aiming for them. The ship was ignoring the Sun’s Speed now, gunning for the Wildcat, gunning for them. James swung the laser cannon toward the huge ship and fired knowing the futility of his action. The laser flashed across the enemy’s lower hull and smoke and atmosphere began to leak from it, but the hull held and the ship continued to fire at them.

“Engines online!” Kirk roared as the ship thrummed to life again. Suddenly they were moving past the Commerce raider and James swung his cannon around and fired. He saw the river of light and energy hit the solar sail but did nothing. The sails absorbed the impact of light and used the lights inertia to move the ship. James felt G forces build up as Kirk sent the ship upward into a loop that came back at the orc vessel. James saw three more blue missiles blaze out toward the orc ship. They hit one after another. The first one blasted apart the port solar sail, while a second smashed into the ion engine compartment skewing one of the engines and the ship began to roll. The last missile slammed into the connection between the dorsal solar sail masts and the main hull. Instantly the dorsal solar sail ripped free and tumbled in front of the main hull. Its red skin glinting in the sunlight and the sail rippled like a piece of cloth in a strong breeze.

“Yes, that’ll give them something to think about,” James yelled as he saw the orc ship begin to slowly tumble.

The captain felt the ship rock and flames leapt out of one of consoles. The orc station there batted at the flames ignoring them as damage reports continued to flood in, “Riw tbah nih de nekcur nennos legulf, tborg eigrene tsi dneknawhcs. (We have lost the dorsal solar sail, main power is fluctuating.)”

The captain saw the Strafe class gunship break to engage them again. A bright red line of laser fire shot from the ship and the captain could hear the hull creak and moan. She smiled slightly, “Tsi de trakür veska neknüfen? (Is the tracking missile transmitting?)”

“Aj, riw tsib rütver, (Yes, we are ready,)” The weapons officer replied as the ship rocked again.

The captain’s blue eyes flicked to the screen then to the navigator, “Activak de vermhil vêntare, (Activate the wormhole generator.)”

James watched through the glass canopy as a trio of arms slowly extended from the orc ship. The solar sails that remain were slowly rolling themselves up around the masts. In front of him Kirk watched the orc ship, “They’re retracting their solar sails, it looks like they’re leaving.”

James saw the solar sail masts slowly fold into the main hull of the ship making the entire vessel smaller. Blue lightning shot from the ships extended arms and the three bolts of blue converged on a single point. A blue circle seemed to be suddenly created and it expanded shimmering in space. At its center was a black void, without stars, featureless. The orc ship suddenly leapt in space and shot through the circle, which closed behind it. James sat for a moment staring, “They left, we couldn’t have hurt them that bad, could we?”

“I don’t know James, I just don’t know,” Kirk said slowly looking out at the vastness of space.

Behold the world's longest Post!!! Wahaaaaa!!!!

You can say my goals in life are to demolish Harry Potter, Star Trek, and resurrect Star Wars. But Stellar Magic has parts from some of the best Sci-fi I've read, I'm pulling a Lucas, borrowing what works and rejecting what doesn't. :twisted::twisted:

Really this is suppose to compete with Star Wars, nothing else really fits the Myth/Sci-fi model, except maybe Star Gate. Maybe Star Wars will get better with some real competition? :P

Signature:

Nice... very nice indeed. :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

:arrow: Cool writting style :idea::D ...we should give to this dude a SCIFI-literature forum on the SWR.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Yeah maybe there are others on the site with writing on their minds, maybe you never know.

Signature:

Unfortunately I can't really post very much of the stuff I'm trying to sell to a publisher you know...I can however post a bunch of stuff I know I'm not going to try and publish for now.

Of course you might say that it ain't bad for an 18 year old... :D

I'm working on a custom Avatar, and it may be awhile considering what it'll be...

I'm sitting at school right now so I don't have much material with me, and what I've got is rather bad... Well bad for me :twisted:

Signature: