A few RebED questions from a new guy

Hi all this is my first post and I hope it'll get answered. I'm a massive fan of RebEd and its turned my game from a boring AI-fraggin chore into an exciting war. Just a few questions though:

:arrow: I always put all research on at the start and make everything cost 1 maintainence point and 1 (other point) so that they build fast with RebED on. However the AI seems to be quite pacifist with this on, with the AI's best aggressive move being only to blockade some of my planets. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the AI more aggressive? And I have also got Cain's Legacy missions (exciting challenge mate and well done, I loved playing them).

:arrow: Also when I play the Empire with RebEd on, my fleets ate primarily made up of SSD's. However when I issue them to go into the surround formation, some SSD's then become immobile for the entire battle and don't move while the others go off and fight. Anyone know what this is caused by?

Thanks people and I've been playing Rebellion (we call it Supremacy here in the UK) since it came out and I'm 15 (no jokes). So thanks and I hope you will take the time to answer my post!

We Are The Imperial Guardsmen... The Protectors Of The Emperor... For Each One Of Us That Falls In The Service To Our Master, One Thousand Rebels, Traitors And Heretics Will Die... No Enemy Of The Emperor Shall Be Safe From Our Wrath... No Rebel Safe From Our Vengeance... No Traitor Safe From Our Revenge Upon Them... We Are The First Line Of Attack And The Last Line Of Defense Of Our Master... Courage And Honour... May The Emperor Live Forever And May His Enemies Perish Painfully For Eternity...

:arrow: You will always have replays on SWR :)... :D Welcome here !....about RebEd ....hmmmm...sometimes when you modify to much the stats...the AI start to get stupid (I mean much more stupid than usual) .....

:arrow: The AN II and III are a little obselete (We have new R&D info), with the official relese of RTESB known also as P II I will try to get help and make the A'N IV.

:arrow: Btw ..try the P II beta and give me some feedback :)

http://www.swrebellion.net/postt1221.html

Seeya on the Forums ! :D

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I've downloaded all the parts and it launched RebED, but there seems to be no difference. What do i do?

Also do u have an answer for my SSD query in my first post?

Edit:

Lol sry i got it now. very nice i like the new pics with the troops and the golan. shame that you couldn't get pics of war driods or dark troopers, although i have seen some nice ones on the official star wars website. don't get the rebels new protectorat (i think) troop regiment lol never heard of them. otherwise its a great mod/tc. can u add new ships or replace the ship skins?

Also do u have an answer for my SSD query in my first post?

Sweet work Cain :D

We Are The Imperial Guardsmen... The Protectors Of The Emperor... For Each One Of Us That Falls In The Service To Our Master, One Thousand Rebels, Traitors And Heretics Will Die... No Enemy Of The Emperor Shall Be Safe From Our Wrath... No Rebel Safe From Our Vengeance... No Traitor Safe From Our Revenge Upon Them... We Are The First Line Of Attack And The Last Line Of Defense Of Our Master... Courage And Honour... May The Emperor Live Forever And May His Enemies Perish Painfully For Eternity...

Welcome to the forums from me as well :D

The protectorate plays in an alternative dimension, where Luke did join Vader and the Emperor was moved to another dimension upon his 'death' at Endor.

You can search for the full story in the forums, or Cain might also have a direct link to it.

About the SSDs, I think it's the same I sometimes have with part of my fighters. Some rush off and almost get slaughtered, just because of the enemy numbers, while the rest circles around a particular spot.

Have you tried repeating your attack orders ? After a while that helps me with the fighters.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Yeh i've tried repeating the attack orders but they just sit there like they're "stuck" on sumthing. The storyline for the TC is quite unique, although i think it might be a bit trekkie-inspired (no offense meant tho). Still its great for a jedi such as urself to reply to a newb's posts lol :D

... Still its great for a jedi such as urself to reply to a newb's posts lol :D

:arrow::D ....Yes I know that to.....Mask replay to me also when I was a newbie ..... hmmm I gues Trej , Evaderss and the others missed this thread :)...for now...

:arrow: .... here is the link to the story http://www.swrebellion.net/postt1113.html .... but I gues you read it already. Well it is not Treky inspired....:).... no ofence taken ... we needed to find a way to go in a different dimension to make new troops and ships .... we where inspired more by the movie "The One" with Jet Li .... more feedback ?!.... btw if you are such a big fan of Rebellion there is always a opening in the RDB II .... just let me know your skills.

:arrow: New skins for ships ?! do you mean 3D skins ?...if so hmmm I only work 2D for the moment :) try Mask he is the 3D Master :)

I always put all research on at the start and make everything cost 1 maintainence point and 1 (other point) so that they build fast with RebED on. However the AI seems to be quite pacifist with this on, with the AI's best aggressive move being only to blockade some of my planets. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the AI more aggressive? And I have also got Cain's Legacy missions (exciting challenge mate and well done, I loved playing them).

I'd say the best way to achieve the balance intended for the game (and to return a bit of the difficulty level to it) would be to re-establish research levels. That is always the Rebel's greatest hindrance in the game, and removing those levels gives them an ENORMOUS advantage. The only real advantage the Imperials get from such an arrangement is access to TIE Defenders from the beginning, which pretty much makes those other three starfighter slots irrelevant. :D

That said, you could do things like make the SSD available from research level 1 or so (to reflect the movies), and that will make for a rather intimidating obstacle in the early game. Another thing you could do would be to reduce your opponent's manufacturing costs by half while doubling yours, rather than just reducing both sides' costs to 1. Why you'd want to build anything besides SSD's and Defenders when playing as the Empire with your changes, I can't imagine. :roll:

Also when I play the Empire with RebEd on, my fleets ate primarily made up of SSD's. However when I issue them to go into the surround formation, some SSD's then become immobile for the entire battle and don't move while the others go off and fight. Anyone know what this is caused by?

:? Hmm...no clue there; I've never had more than one or two SSD's in my fleet (another good reason to change up your construction costs, IMHO). I've noticed the fighter thing that Mask mentioned above, but only with Imperial fleets that have fighters which have to deploy from capital ships and fighters of the same type that are part of the planetary garrison.

Edited by Texas_Fett

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

...Still its great for a jedi such as urself to reply to a newb's posts lol :D
:lol: I always reply, if I have something to add. Ranks are of no concern to me and everyone starts as a newbie :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Cool guys thanks for all your input!

Why you'd want to build anything besides SSD's and Defenders when playing as the Empire with your changes, I can't imagine.

Personally I have found that during my 6+ years or so playing Rebellion (when it first came out), is that 2 heavy ships are better than a super-heavy ship/ for example:

1 SSD = 2 I2SD's (Impstar Deuces). This is because they are equal in fighter capacity, better combined shields and the ability to fire from more than one direction, with the SSD outmatching the 2 I2SD's in troop capacity and forward weaponry. This is the primary reason for less SSD's on my fleet (as well as the getting stuck thing), as I use them for lone missions or setor colonisation in the outer rim, as 1 SSD can colonise a sector and defend itself.

Also about the Defenders. I have also found that Defenders are inferior to TIE Interceptors on the points and power basis. For example:

1 TIE Defender Sq. = 7. main pts, 10 laser rating

1 TIE Interceptor Sq. = 3 main. pts, 8 laser rating

I would rather have 7 TIE Interceptor sqs than 3 TIE Defender sqs, the laser power is higher as well as numerical superiority. Plus they allow fleets to engage each other quicker since they are deployed and don't have to line up like rebel fighters, which creates a massive space between fleets. Although Defenders have torpedoes, which I can't dispute makes them better than Interceptors against ships, their shields really don't give them a potent edge in combat.

:arrow: Fab story for the TC. It sure is a great plot!

I have a lot of Rebellion experience, however I have no idea about skinning or such, although i am a hot hand with RebED, as are most people on here. I like to balance my ships against the other sides which allows me to witness some great combat battles. makes the game much more enjoyable!

:arrow: Its nice to know that there are nice people out there like the_mask. The vets I've seen on other forums bash newbs for their "lack of experience" and i'm glad to see vets like him remind us that he once used to be a newb like everyone else. Puts things into perspective.

I've glanced at the RDB II boards. I know nothing about code or skinning, as i mentioned above my main strength is my ability to fairly balance ship and troop stats. I will have lots of free time at the end of june/early july as I'm doing my GCSE exams here in the UK :( Grr...will beat them and return to smash my opponent on Rebellion or whatnot lol :D

Once again guys thanks and i hope my above text is some insight into perhaps a better game.

A belated welcome from an old and wizened... 19 year old. :D

Where abouts frfom our lovely land do you hark from?

Seems like the guys have got you sorted with all the advice you need. Shout if you need more, we're here to help. :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Its nice to know theres people to help u out and I hope I can help others if they need it!

As for harking lol, I'm from London, England :D

:arrow: ....first try a costum avatar :idea: this will make you feel better :D

Idon't know how to do avatars! (shame on me...) :?

Well our beloved Jahled also resides in london... and during the holidays i'm usually found in Croydon. :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Idon't know how to do avatars! (shame on me...) :?

:arrow: Try to see the threads about the avatars ...any good link goes :)

:arrow: Hmmm the SSD is enlargeing to much my 14 inch screen EM can you size it down to 80% ?!

Hope that's a bit better for you CAIN. :D

Sorry, what with my 17 inch monitor, i sometime forget that there are people worse off than me! :D

Sweet the avatar now works! hey elvis how do u get the emperor to move in yours?

:arrow: Nice to see you with an avatar...hmmm...still I will prefer to see you as acRoyal guard - and see the red in your avatar :)......Use the Eloh Evaders card from the PII beta relese if you want :)....

:arrow: btw the emperor moveing is called a gif ...succesions of pics ....I still need to learn that :)

That was the first picture i looked for. but none of the ones i found were as small as 80x80 so its a bit of a bummer. i'm still tryin though! :D

Here look at this. Not bad huh? It was bigger than 80x80 but it seemed to accept it, which is good coz i think it looks better now. Hey Cain, how do u get the writing underneath all your posts? the master jedi cain bit in green

Hmm does it work? :?

Wahey I've managed to snazz up my posts in 2 ways in 1 day :D

:arrow: just give a quote on some thread with colors....and the imperial banner is a .....or ....etc.

:arrow: ....you still need to try to work your avatar in Paint like I did mine ....it is quite simple :wink: