Newbie in need of a guide.

almighty1133

Sorry for a question that might seem a bit remedial for this forum, but I'm new to Rebellion. I only got the game a month ago and I got to thinking about how cool it would be to use Ep. 1 or 2 people in it. Now it seems that you can do exactly that through Rebllion Editing.

The problem is I know jack about editing this game. Is there some kind of "beginers guide" to editing that I can read?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the world of Rebellion!

Yes, RebEd allows you to use Ep I and/or Ep II characters/ships/troops. RebEd is available in the Downloads section of this site.

We've had several requests for a tutorial on how to use RebEd here lately. There was a tutorial before, but this site went down for a while and some of the items available before are not available now.

Igor or Evaders, can we get a tutorial back up? :D

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Quite a task to write and entire help and troubleshooting file...hehe

Alert All Commands, and prepare forward tractor beams, Lieutenant. AHH! What happened to our uniforms! They're BACKWARDS!

(watch the end of ESB, the rank badges switch sides for a scene, oops!)

Nah, it's easy. Rebed is a fairly simple program so writing a troubleshooting guide would not be difficult. No, I'm not volunteering, I haven't used Rebed in over 2 years. I like to play the game as is.
I wanna know why the man has a gun and the gun not the man keeps the world at bay. I wanna hear what the man has to say, what the man has to say might just save me.

Wasn't the old 'updated helpfile' the one, where they showed how to create a new character card with Clinton's head as an example ? I think I still have this one.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Igor...you volunteering to babysit my baby while I write it? :D

She likes to poo-poo and then laugh at you... 8O

:lol:

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

I might still have that one lying around on my hard drive too. I'll check.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

yes but...if its a troubleshooting file...thats quite different. theres a lot of stuff that could happen and to solve.

Alert All Commands, and prepare forward tractor beams, Lieutenant. AHH! What happened to our uniforms! They're BACKWARDS!

(watch the end of ESB, the rank badges switch sides for a scene, oops!)

So you want a basic guide of how to do things yeah? What sort of things is it that you don't get. Are we talking simple like making a ship cost less, more complex like putting a new card in, or harder like making a new card?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest JediIgor
Igor...you volunteering to babysit my baby while I write it? :D

She likes to poo-poo and then laugh at you... 8O

Err... I'd love to, but I fear I live too far away, 8)

Hey, I digitized her, so I'll just email her to you!

~~Untimely thinks that would be cool if that were possible~~

8O

Support the USA!

How could you even think of sending her away? Unless it was a holiday. Wouldn't it be cool if you could send your kids on holiday no matter how old they were.

There's nothing in the world that would make me send my daughter away...

maybe her poop...

or maybe if I could get a mute button sometimes...

Support the USA!

Mate, if only i could get a mute button for my sisters!

I'd be in heaven!

:smile: