Defection and Jaba the Hutt

Knightcrawler

Is it just me, or are two of the features that LucasArts claims to be in the game actually not there. Heck, on the box, it shows Han in front of the big man himself, but I've never seen it. Han has NEVER been to see Jaba in any of my games, even games where I haven't increased his stats at all and leave him in one place for the whole game! They also claim that characters can defect. Now I don't know how this is supposed to happen. I have captures characters before and I have done everything in my power to make them want to defect (taking over the whole galaxy), but I have never once seen any character defect for any reason. Has anyone seen either of these?
Hello

I also never saw Han captured, but the pictures and sounds are in the dlls, so this is possible. But defection ? The only thing that comes close would be, that a force-user detects, that someone else betrayed the mission.

Has anyone encountered a defection before ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Guest JediIgor

Actually, once, when I was Rebel, I had Chewbacca defect to the Imperial side.

Strange, huh?

At any rate, I shortly sent out an assassination mission.. :D

There wasn't any special message or anything, I just hadn't seen Chewie in a while, and when I checked him through the personnel icon on the bottom, it said "last seen on.." and I knew he wasn't captured or killed, after I saw him on a planet as an Imperial agent.

I've had Han captured: It sucked. I pretty much wiped out half [Leia and Luke] of my entire Alliance diplomatic corps for about two hundred days.

I've never seen a character defect, though. I've seen them betray missions [Diplomatic missions foiled out in the Outer Rim without my intervention], but never actually turn on my side.

Igor - I thought that Chewie couldn't defect. Doesn't he have the "never betray side" flag?

Doesn't really matter though. Surely betraying a mission is a form of defection?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Maybe I shouldn't leave the never betray flag on just for the Rebels.

Igor, was Chewie alone on that planet, without other personell/troops/... ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

So, you couldn't control Chewie, he was just listed as an Imperial agent when you looked at the personnel button at the bottom...okay, that makes sense.

I thought you had Chewie going on missions for the Empire. Yes, betraying characters show up in that list. :!:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Well, yeah, when someone defects they no longer work for you, so you can't control them. Has anybody ever had someone defect, and then defect back?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest JediIgor

They should let people with high diplomacy do "Convert" missions, on enemy characters, and if they succeed the character should go over to your side..

Hmm, something for Rebellion II maybe? :D

What I want to see though is an enemy character defecting over to my side. :D

Or maybe you could try to persuade people that are imprisoned to be your agent? Or something like that?? :D

I still like the Torture idea...the Imps can torture intelligence out of Rebel captives. You could have a possibility of the captive dying...hehehe :twisted:

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Join the Galactic Empire!

Where your conscience is the first thing to go!

Learn new things, go to strange exotic places, meet interesting new people/beings...

And learn to subjugate/enslave/torture/kill them! :twisted:

That last part brought to you by the United States Marine Corps...they're looking for a few good men, but I'm just looking for one good woman! (Hope my wife doesn't see that! Hahaha!) :lol:

Support the USA!

Ah, the new version of the good old -

"Join the army, meet interesting people, kill them."

It's a new millenium...time for the slogan to be upgraded! :D

Support the USA!

• 1 month later...
Guest Pucho777

http://www.starwarsutah.com/images/lightsaber-line1.gif

That was a long time ago, I might've been playing with EW's TC.

Rebels can send out assassination missions btw, just scroll down :)

Not normally, though right?! Did you edit the game somehow to have them able to conduct them? You had to because I tried having Alliance Noghri conduct them and it didn't appear as an option in-game!

It would be great if the Alliance can conduct them so P L E A S E tell us how you did it.

Edited by Pucho777

I think you can only give the assasination missions to the specforces. In RebEd go to SpecForces select infitlrators or any other rebel specforce unit and change in the dropdown: Available mission are those of: selec there Noghri Death Commandos.

Your rebel specforces should now be able to assasinate....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Pucho777

http://www.starwarsutah.com/images/lightsaber-line1.gif

I think you can only give the assasination missions to the specforces. In RebEd go to SpecForces select infitlrators or any other rebel specforce unit and change in the dropdown: Available mission are those of: selec there Noghri Death Commandos.

Your rebel specforces should now be able to assasinate....

Hi Trejiuvanat. :)

Unfortunately, your instructions was how I came to the conclusion that the Alliance wasn't able to conduct Assassination missions. :lol:

I do believe, though that independent Characters are able to conduct Assassination missions without a team of Special Forces along with them. I'm sure I've done it recently.

Therefore, it must be the actual Alliance that is unable to conduct them and not the individual Characters or Special Forces.

Yet...Master Murashkin has somehow accomplished it. Master...I feel ready to learn this new Jedi power you have! 8O

Edited by Pucho777

Hang on! We don't want the Alliance to be able to assassinate anyone! There's is a higher cause, in conduct and aspiriation, than the facsist-Empire. If Imperial characters accidently get killed during kidnap missions, then so be it. But to intentionly set about to assassinate the enemy goes against the spirit of the Alliance cause. We can 'neutralize,' Imperial personel by safely depositing them in a secure detention centre, like the one on Danuta. Lets hope the Empire don't have any Kyle Katarns...
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Good point. Why should Alliance characters be able to assasinate? They don't believe in such brudal methods, that's not realistic.

I play usually on LAN, so I can tell you, it's the best thing to have prisoners. We always make prisoner exchanges, that makes the game more interesting... I know, you can't make such deal with the AI, of course. Hope to see this option in Reb2. Hope to see Reb2 anyway :(

Actually, the Alliance killed many without calling it "assassinating". Assassination is defined as the premeditated murder of someone (at least that's how I define it). If this is true, tell me how civilian employees in Imperial bases are spared when Imperial outposts are destroyed by the Rebellion? How many innocent paper pushers died on the Death Star? What about Imperial freighters that were "liberated" of their cargo? Surely there were deaths on board. It is true that the Rebellion didn't have assassins creeping around in the shadows putting blaster bolts in Imperial characters' faces, but they did do indiscriminate killing. What about Wraith Squadron? I don't think they were particularly law abiding...

Just my opinion...but I think the Rebellion actually committed just as many atrocities as the Empire...from a certain point of view... 8)

Support the USA!