Sound problem

Elfboy

I put XP on my computer so now the video works fine but the sound in the tactical screen is garbled. I can understand wht they are saying but it sounds like crap. Anyone ever have this problem with XP? If so how did you fix it.

BTW reinstalling doesn't work, I tried it four times. :x

If I am wise, it is because I know that I know nothing.

I had this problem with some of my other games. It tended to happen during cutscenes or when charactors were talking. I never really got to the bottom of the problem though cause i got a good deal on a soundblaster LIVE 5.1 digital card. Flashed the BIOS on motherboard, installed the card and all sound problems were resolved.

2xtreme Gaming Clan

http://www.clan-2xtreme.co.uk

Counterstrike Source : 195.20.109.124:27015

Day of Defeat : 195.20.109.124:27025

Team Fortress Classic : 195.20.109.124:27030

Counterstrike 1.6 : 195.20.109.124:27040

Guest JediIgor

Wait, you have one of those integrated cards don't ya? That's the problem... I had one of those (and XP), and sound wouldn't work at all, anywhere. I got an Audigy (probably should get an Audigy 2 now, darn them... just a year passed too) and all my sound problems went away.

Mostly. Sometimes when I play CS my sounds garbles up for a few minutes, or I hear annoying high-frequency sounds. Sometimes. At least it works! :roll:

I have an integrated card also but I'm using an Audigy. I suppose I could try to reinstall the drivers, but I didn't think it was the card because everything else works fine so far.

Thanks for the responce. :D

If I am wise, it is because I know that I know nothing.

Hmm, i sometimes got this with things like the latest Delta Force game.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder why it happens, usually when i get it, it's almost like a loose wire, everythings garbled as if the transmission of power if flicking on and off at high speed, kinda like semi smoothed a.c. current.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

• 5 months later...
Well I use win95 (don't laugh, it's my dad's fault) and with me my music is always crap. after a battle is won or lost my music starts to play and that goes well for about a minute and then... it gets stuck. it keeps playing the same two or three second playing all the time it is annoying so I turned of my music. If anyone can help me solve the problem post a reply or send a private message.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

Um, i'm afraid there's not a lot you can do except get Me or XP. 95 just doesn't like Rebellion!!! :?