What is it you do?

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

Well, here I am, bored to death, waiting to show my new boss some of the movies I have previously made for Deloitte (formerly known as Deloitte & Touche). You see, I have just embarked on a project for a debt collection annex law firm and we're doing an event somewhere in April 2004. Being somewhat of a PowerPoint expert, I offered to do the presentation material.

In busying myself with the presentation material, I thought I'd show him the movie material I made. I'm waiting until he's finished doing a job interview with a new candidate, however (it's not that bad, since he made sure there's some whiskey in the house while I'm waiting; it's after working hours :twisted: ).

So that's what I do: marketing and sales for the aforementioned firm as well as running my own parttime company. As said before, I have already worked for Deloitte and am now trying to score several new projects. There's the movie project to capture the progress of the new Dutch HQ of Ernst & Young (photography, movies and, if I do really well, the opening event itself!). Then there's The so-called Thalia Lounge project (thalialoungerotterdam.nl), where a befriended DJ is looking for some sponsors; I'm looking to set him up with Vodafone and Bavaria (a Dutch beer brand). And then there's the Vodafone project to get the on the FFWD Danceparade, the Dutch Equivalent of the Loveparade.

That's what I do. What do you do?

Hmm.....what do I do :?::?::?:

Well, right now I am working on my masters degree in Geology, specializing in Vertebrate Paleontology. I haven't goten my specimen from the museum yet which is going to be the subject of my research for my thesis (a small ceratopsain from the lastest cretaceous of Texas, if anyone knows what that is (AKA - like a Triceratops, kind of)) and I won't be going out to do my field research untill this summer. So right now I am going to school 3 days a week, and doing research (ex. sleeping in :lol: ) on the other 2 days. It is my second semester. I probably have at least a year and a half left till I am done.

On the weekends I work at a "recreation center" if you wanted to call it that: we have several paint-ball fields, 3 rockwalls, a skateboarding park, and a Taekwondo dojo. So its pretty cool, keeps me busy on the weekend and gives me a paycheck.

So when I am not at school or at work I am at home doing chores and such to keep my boyfriend happy, since he works all day and is to tired to help out around the house :roll: You know, its not like I do anything all day anyway. :?

So what does everyone else do :?::?:

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

Besides finding new stuff to translate into Rebellion :roll: ?

Umm, let's see ... after leaving my university, or in other words "finding myself free after some bureaucratic fencing games" I found work again with the kind people of the company, where I worked as an intern before. After they told my C++ two years ago, I got into Visual Basic in two or three days and I've been programming tools since the last two weeks.

Pay's excellent and everyone is really nice and friendly here.

In march I'll hopefully finish my education once and for all on a new uni in the subject of "economical computer science". Either that's the correct term, or google just fooled me :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Well, what do I do?

Not much. At the time I'm doing nothing, I have no job (I didn't look fo one). In March starts the Costa Rican Uni. I chose to start studying something here, while I wait and hope to get into a German University later in the year. I'd study Informatic with emphasis in Media.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I always enjoyed this diversity of our community :)

I'm currently working for my girlfriend :) She will have the main role in "My Fair Lady" played in her Gym. I'll paint all the backgrounds for the scenes, it takes away much time...

I'm currently visiting a buddhist high school in Hungary. I'll want to get into the Uni of Apllied Arts this year. I have no job, but still work sometimes as a freelancer. Spending my freetime mostly with my girl, and practicing Shaolin Kung fu every week twice. Sometimes I teach it too as a "vice-trainer" (like today, I had to teach little fellows, they were about 6 years old :) !!!)

Thats about it.

I am, rather boringly a full time law student, minoring in physics. Today i went to visit the worlds first academic Synchrotron. It's a particle accelerator which accelerates electrone to 0.99999996 the speed of light, and producees radiation beams from infrared right through to high end xrays. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Elvis, did you try out switching off the light afterwards in your room ?

Did you glow then, or weren't you that close to the machine ? :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I'm a Quality Control Digital Editor (GIS) working for a map company in San Antonio. I am, however, submitting my packet in April for the US Air Force as a Navigator, so we'll see how that goes.

I got by bachelor's degree in Goepgraphy, with emphasis in GIS (Geographic Information Systems), in December of 2002, and I'm thinking about pursuing a Master's Degree in Homeland Security. But again, we'll see how that goes. :wink:

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I'm a Quality Control Digital Editor (GIS) working for a map company in San Antonio. I am, however, submitting my packet in April for the US Air Force as a Navigator, so we'll see how that goes.

I got by bachelor's degree in Goepgraphy, with emphasis in GIS (Geographic Information Systems), in December of 2002,...

How funny I am actually sitting in GIS borred of my ass right now, lol! :lol: Its tech. Spatial Data Analysis and Modeling in Geosciences, but itis still borring me to death!! :roll::cry: I took GIS last semester. Are you going to go to that GIS meeting here in Texas in a few months Texas Fett? Our professor is trying to talk us into it.

How funny I am actually sitting in GIS borred of my ass right now, lol! :lol: Its tech. Spatial Data Analysis and Modeling in Geosciences, but itis still borring me to death!! :roll::cry:

Hey, now! That's my livelyhood you're dissin', there! :wink: But let me tell ya, there's nothin' more exciting than sittin' in front of a computer, staring at maps of oil leases all day... :cry:

I took GIS last semester. Are you going to go to that GIS meeting here in Texas in a few months Texas Fett? Our professor is trying to talk us into it.

If you're referring to the ESRI conference, then all I can say is, "Been there, done that". That's not to say there isn't a lot to get out of it, but you've really got to be into GIS to get a lot out of those meetings. I mean, there's a reason I'm submitting my packet for the Air Force, afterall. 'Course, that has more to do with the money (or lack thereof) in the GIS field in San Antonio... :wink:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Haven't been able to post much since I joined, mainly because of lack of time, but maybe this will be the post that bucks the trend...as for what I do...I am working on getting my history degree at Gettysburg College, while also working as a stage manager for the concert hall here and doubling up as the equipment manager for the band...Over the summer I work for a minor league baseball team in NY...though I;m not sure exactly what I will be doing this summer...the past four years I've been in the clubhouse, but this year I am moving into operations...which means I'll handle everything from changing light bulbs to organizing and leading the security forces.

If you're referring to the ESRI conference, then all I can say is, "Been there, done that". That's not to say there isn't a lot to get out of it, but you've really got to be into GIS to get a lot out of those meetings. I mean, there's a reason I'm submitting my packet for the Air Force, afterall. 'Course, that has more to do with the money (or lack thereof) in the GIS field in San Antonio... :wink:

Ya that ESRI thing is what I was thinking of yesterday. Don't think I shall be going, lol. I liked the GIS class and enjoyed learning the softwear, but my professor just droones on and on and on, reminds me of a Oriental version of Mr. Macky from South Park "right click on file...mmmkay....now go to save...mmmkay....now double click on the ""save as"" button...mmmkay" someone please save me from this self-imposed missery!!!!

GIS does have some pretty cool applications...it just helps to be really into maps. I can understand your aversion to it, though. And the ESRI user conference is tough to get into, especially when they're discussing applications of the software that have absolutely nothing to do with your field.

Nice site, BTW.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

GIS does have some pretty cool applications...it just helps to be really into maps. I can understand your aversion to it, though. And the ESRI user conference is tough to get into, especially when they're discussing applications of the software that have absolutely nothing to do with your field.

Nice site, BTW.

I went to a talk at one of my paleontology meetings where they talked about ways to use GIS inorder to make quarry maps of bone locations, but it seems to time consuming really. We had a guy give a talk today about digital scanning and did a demonstation, it was pretty cool!

Glad you liked the site :)