alliance: what is good and what is bad?

Messiah

Question

I just kickes everything down playing the empire, but i got several difficulties playing as the alliance because i alsways die because i lose all combats.

so here i got some questions (maybe they are asked before, but please tell me again) :wink: i play rebellion 1.00!

- What are good ships to built at the start? Should i build transports for troops? if yes, what typ? Medium Transports? Bulk ships? or what?

what are good ships alter in the game?

Which shipts are really bad and shouldn't be constructed (please tell me which one are really bad)

- which ships are areally slowing down my fleet?

- where to put all characters from yavin to? should i try to defend yavin and get this sector or should i try to move all of them to another sector?

- should i focus mainly on the 3 main sectors (if i play small galaxy) or shoul i try as the alliance to get one or more sectors outside to build up my power?

- is it better to have one planet with 8 shipyards or two with 4? what makes more sense?

thanks for help!

I am the one! Prepare for salvation!

13 answers to this question

- What are good ships to built at the start? Should i build transports for troops? if yes, what typ? Medium Transports? Bulk ships? or what?

Not very necessary to build them. With the ships you start from the beginning you should have enough capacitie. When your fleet is becoming quite large, you can build bulk transports

what are good ships alter in the game?

Which shipts are really bad and shouldn't be constructed (please tell me which one are really bad)

Bulk cruisers are worthless ships

Dreadnaughts are not worth your building time. They are outdated. If you get some in the beginning of the game, that is fun, use them, but don't build more of them.

Bulk cruisers and Dreadnaughts, bulk transports

- where to put all characters from yavin to? should i try to defend yavin and get this sector or should i try to move all of them to another sector?

Just move them, along with Han Solo (.5 the travel time) to a nearby, good developed sector. One with construction yards, Imperial systems in uprising, etc etc.

- should i focus mainly on the 3 main sectors (if i play small galaxy) or shoul i try as the alliance to get one or more sectors outside to build up my power?

Both. Try diplomacy and attack of uprising systems for the Core Worlds, and colonizing for outer RIM

- is it better to have one planet with 8 shipyards or two with 4? what makes more sense?

8 is better, mostly when building large ships. For fighters and risk spreading you can use simply 4.

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

One thing I learned only after a long time was that if you have no resources (the middle # at the top next to the refinery picture) then EVERYTHING slows down.

So if you have a few transports and some fast ships, you probably don't have an immediate need for ships. You may want to try not building anything (if your resources are 0) so you can focus on getting mega-construction planets up and running, defenses built, etc.

-what are good ships alter in the game? Which shipts are really bad and shouldn't be constructed (please tell me which one are really bad)

tk-"Bulk cruisers are worthless ships. Dreadnaughts are not worth your building time"

Amen, I get rid of them when I'm editing the game.

Anti-fighter ships are good to build because they're resonably fast to cart around characters, and if you group 2-3 you can often hit a planet, kill the fighters, and then send your characters in to sabotage troops/defenses/construction capacity.

Use reb editor on this site to peruse the hyperdrive settings. 50 is Han's special ability, and 100 is the slowest (100% travel time... 50=50% travel time, etc.)

Often the Empire drops in on Yavin. It can see you characters were there and wants them. I usually send Han+Leia+Luke to the new rebel base because they can recruit there and it's best to recruit at a 100% loyalty planet. I take Chewy too, just to do espionage on the rebel base and see if any imps are enroute. If Wedge is at Yavin and you have shipyards at your new rebel base, take Wedge with Han so he can get started on ship research. Disperse diplomats (like Jan) to planets you want to take (put them on corellian corvettes if you have them at Yavin).

It's more fun to focus on the outer rim and let the empire get a decent power base going. Remember, uprisings can lead to revolts, and if one plaent revolts other planets in the sector get pushed towards you.

Both. 8 to make big ships, 4 to make small ships/fighters. Don't make too many mega construciton sites because you need resources too. The balance is hard to find.

:D:P Droids Rule! Fleshies Drool! :P:D

just kicked Vaders azz and finished up the Empire!

thanks... finally found out how to use the alliance full stregh to blow away those imperial troops :twisted: [/img]

Now for the next level (assuming you're like me and multiplayer is not a realistic option) :!:

Play it until say.... turn 200. Then turn over everything to the droid (production, garrisons, ect.) and set it on very fast until turn 500. Now try to win.

Next level beyond that - Move every character and every ship to your capital (Coruscant or the rebel base). Then turn it over to the droid until turn 500. Try to win.

hum.... i think that stupid droid will make lot of shit in that time :wink:

hmm... i wanna play medium galaxy now (checked out also the large one but uhhh it's so damn big)

what do you prefer? medium? large?

i think large looks a bit too heavy and will take too long to win that one i think.....

because to win in small galaxy i needed 1200 with empire and 950 with alliance (okay am newbie i know)

That stupid droid will cause havoc with your plans if you give him the reigns. They really should have included a "smack the droid" option where your mouse either became Chewy's or Vader's hand.

Of course, that's part of the challenge ;)

I always play on large, but it does mean the end game can become "find the rebel base" if you're playing the empire.

Fun fun... jumping from planet, to planet, to planet, to planet....

(or just build a mess of probes and launch them as they come out of the factory).

But you want Mega-sized fleets on your and the AI's sides then large is the way to go (and leaving the AI alone for 500-1000 turns).

I think the guys have answered your questions pretty comrehensively there mate.

I'd go for large galaxy every time, more resources, draws the game out, you can really take your time with it and do it right.

Using RebEd, i have played a game with just Two sectors, which was pretty weird. :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yup, and changing the stats to make rebel ships cheaper meant that when they attacked me on coruscant, i had a TEMENDOUS battle. :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yep, the sight of 40 incoming HomeOne cruisers will ... prove an interesting battle.

I once lowered their construction cost to about that of a fighter to get all the names the AI is using. Of course I encountered massive fleets and a battle could sometimes take half an hour without a Deathstar. 8)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

my advice to you is get rebed so you can easily look at all the ship values and you can answer alot of your questions for yourself. you can change the things you don't really like too. also, you're going to have to figure out the best strategy that works for you. play more, see what works for you and what doesn't. remeber, you're in charge of your side, be as aggressive or as conservative as you want, Grand Admiral, but be original. make it your game, noone elses.

to answer some questions, the Bulk Cruiser is USELESS. well, not really useless, a good strategist and tactition finds a use for everything, but i wouldn't make many, if any, more than you start with. as for Yavin, unless it is really worth saving, i mean 12-14 energy and you have some construction yards in a close core sector so that you can send defensive facilities to it FAST (and preferably a construction yard on yavin, a shipyard to build a few quick fighter squadrons would be nice too, but good luck with that) evacuate it, get as far away from that planet and the whole sector as you can. the empire will eventually come to invade it, and they will be espionaging the whole sector the whole time. unless it could be extremely usefull, just let it go. i'm sure you can use all the personnel, troops, fighters, and fleet elsewhere, and make sure to scrap all of the defenses on it if there are any before you leave, that way, when it is invade, you can just mosey a fleet over there from a nearby core sector, and blow the troops to hell if you want it back.

Jason, This post is from over a year ago, Please look at the dates. PLEASE, don't lift up old post's, Thank you.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg