What are people's 5 ESSENTIAL wants for Reb2?

Chimera

Actually, pretty much what I was thinking. This would allow forces to create picket line and front lines to defend rather than running around an entire sector when attacked. Though to make it more like Star Wars (like the novels) you could have it so there's a new minor character - like an astromech droid which searches for hidden hyper routes past enemy forces and the enemy could use their own astrodroids to counter . . . . . Wow, maybe I've been thinking about this too much :wink:

Oh well, we can always dream of what we want - until then I'll play Rebellion and the Warlords mod for Homewrold 2 :D

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about being able to assign a mission status to a fleet instead, so it can 'react' to incoming ships in a system?
"When you take water and pour it into a cup, it BECOMES the cup. When you put the water in a bowl it becomes the bowl. Be smart, be like water my friend.."-Bruce Lee

I see there are already loads of great ideas, I like the one about the Yuuzhan Vong! Either as an independent event, or even better, set it at the time of NJO and play as either Republic or Yuuzhan Vong! This would also throw in things like; the Chiss and Zonama Sekot.
Someday, somone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Additional: researching/growing Yuuzhan Vong "tech", trying to shape Jedi...... and Voxyn!!
Someday, somone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Thoguht of another one, modular ships.

And not just to add weapon or fighter pods, but other stuff like Prison modulous to hold enemy characters (harder for them to escape) or medical modules (to heal characters faster), or a repair compartment - and for realism, only some cruisers are modular - like the Neb-b. I've got a small list of ideas for module pods - if you like the idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh and yes....this idea is great....I saw it in a previous post.

Auto-explore option for probe droids, longprobes...when they finish exploring 1 unknown planet, it gives an option to move on to the next closest one.

Viking

Guest Admiral_Antilles
After reading all of these posts I must say my most wanted enhancement is the ability for ground combat and auto-explore options for probe droids and such. But all of the ideas sound greta. Too bad we will probably never see a new rebellion game... :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

a few thoughts...

customizable ships within the game - ie: start with a basic hull and a set number of weapons emplacement (quantity but not type) and then specify weapons/shields/engines, etc. - you could do something like have an anti-fighter SSD armed with a few hundred laser cannon, or a lightly armored, high speed star destroyer (ala a true battlecruiser)

training programs - you could set up training missions for characters to enhance a specific attribute. I know that you can do this to a point by using lower-end characters against low threat targets, but there is always the danger of capture/death.

1. capturing and boarding ships

2. training the officers/characters in any of there skills not just jedi

3. 60 characters for each side

4. interrogation

5. and no more bulwarks destroyed by a LNR II

Whoa that got em

They definatly need the Planitary assult controle... three mon coms held me off... THATS NOT RIGHTTTTTT!!!!!!

Fraiming Mission - make a planet believe the other side did some sabotoge on their planet.

MOVING PRISONERS!!! - instead of them being stuck on your fleet or planet

No pissy droids - Make C3-P0 stfu instead of crying to his gay love partner when Mon Moth. is caped.

Day limit??? - at a certant day the other side finds your HQ overlooking the galaxy and you get iced.

More key Imps - Come oonnnnnn... Palp-sucks for anything but recruting. Vader is good at everything so hes always bussy!!! You should start with Thrawn as a Grand Admiral and he could be a key player.

Less Sprites, More Polygons - The Bulkwark should be more that three pyrimids, the Death star should be on the battle field, and you should be able to use the Thrawn Intradictor Jump Tactic (come on its the best ever).

Be able to bombard planets while in a battle to decrease enemy moral, and if defending use planets batteries!!!

Patch - Make it less of a tritholon to play MP

Fear Mission - Scare planets into submission as the Imps

Mercs, Pirates, Bounty Hunters, Smugilers - obvious reasons

War is the continuation of politics by other means...

a few thoughts...

customizable ships within the game - ie: start with a basic hull and a set number of weapons emplacement (quantity but not type) and then specify weapons/shields/engines, etc. - you could do something like have an anti-fighter SSD armed with a few hundred laser cannon, or a lightly armored, high speed star destroyer (ala a true battlecruiser)

I'm not sure about a totally customisable ship - though I'd defintely wan't modular (been thinking about it for a while). And for all ships, with different ships having a varying degree of modularity, such as a Neb-b beeing very modular and an ISD being the opposite. Modular compartment wouldn't just be weapons as well, rather equipment etc. I'll post what I've thought of in a few days - hopefully (damn uni!)

training programs - you could set up training missions for characters to enhance a specific attribute. I know that you can do this to a point by using lower-end characters against low threat targets, but there is always the danger of capture/death.

YES!!!!! That would be great! Perhaps also veterancy/experience for all units that increases during battles and battle exercises/training? :? ?

i didn't mean completely customizable...ie im not saying that you could cram 600 turblolasers onto a corvette, or give an ISD the speed of an a-wing, more like you have X number of weapons points, and you decide what percentage of X will be TLs, Ion cannon or laser cannon, similarly, you could spend more or less on shields and engines and alter the power of each.

thats always been missing from the original game...no sense of history within the game...ships exist simply numbered in the order they're built, with no sense of continuity...id also like to see some sort of built in history in the game...ie, recording major fleet engagements, heroic deeds by the characters or their deaths.

Guest Admiral_Antilles

I have an idea for fleets. Now I know that some people have stated that customizable fleet options would be cool, I would like to do one better.

What if we had the ability to create like defense fleets that have little to no hyperdive but have double (or so) armored hulls and battery emplacments.

Flagships should have the ability to increase the stats of any Admiral, General, or Commander aboard. And as DJ said it can raise and lower you overall moral (stats) of your fleet by whether it lives or dies.

Taking a bit from Homeworld 2, what if you can destory parts of a ship (hyperdrive, weapons, docking bay, etc) so you can (after the engadment is over) take over the ships by send troops into them and claiming them as your own.

Tell me what you all think,

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I believe that creating an ISD like that, after thinking about it is pointless. A Golan platform looks more 'in place' sitting in a planets orbit then a non-manueverable ISD.

that's exactly what i was saying...an isd, or any ship, without engines is no more than a battlestation...and i don't really understand the point of either, aside from maybe saving some credits outfitting the thing with engines...though if you use the extra for weapons, it would likely negate any savings