Questions

JGrigby8

Question

Playing against the computer.

1. Does the presence of certain star fighters ie: Tie Bombers have much effect in a battle between capitol ships?

2. Why can't you assasinate rebel players after they have been captured? This is bull because they will eventually escape.

3. If you don't wan't your shield gens blown up by sappers, does the presence of stormtrooper regiments lower chance of rebel success? If not what does if anything.

4. Who cant be assasinated Luke and who else?

5. Is Rebellion 2 mod gonna be made or not?

6. How do you play in multiplayer? (Sorry lost the manual years ago)

Thnx for your time

Jason

4 answers to this question

Hey Jason:

1. TIE bombers can really pound capital ships - if they live long enough. I usually don't build many cause the x- and a-wings just slaughter 'em. Others may have a different view on this one though.

2. You're right - it is bull! We should be able to terminate the scum. :twisted: But the game just won't allow it.

3. Units with high detection values make sabotage more difficult. Troops, generals, fighters, and ships in orbit all make the saboteur's job tougher. I think there is a recent thread somewhere else on this topic...check around. And with RebEd you can make it tougher still. Don't forget to run espionage missions on the planets where you've built key installations. If you find an enemy mission in progress your own characters and specforces can run sabotage against them.

4 You can't kill the 4 major Alliance characters (Luke, Leia, Han, and Mon Mothma), but you can still injure them with an assassination attempt. That will make it easier to capture them.

5. If you mean the Rebellion Reloaded T/C, my bet is yes, the community will make it happen (I'm not on the team but maybe someone who is will chime in with a status report soon). If you mean the Rebellion 2 project JediGreg is working on...I guess we'll know when it happens. He talked a good game though and seemed pretty determined.

6. Sorry, I'm no help here, haven't done the mp thing yet. If you get it figured out let me know :roll:

What part of KY are you from? My brother did his graduate work at UK. I loved to visit him while he was in Lexington. It's a great town and the surrounding countryside is incredible.

Good luck with multiplayer.

Look in the Multiplayer threads, I've explained a few times there how to play online. Although I never played myself, what I wrote seemed to have worked 8)

The Reloaded TC is still being developed. I know it's hard to wait for, but actually we're the first ones ever to make something for Rebellion on this scale. Therefore a lot of things had to be researched first for us to know how to change them at all. Trust us, it will be finished :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

1. Does the presence of certain star fighters ie: Tie Bombers have much effect in a battle between capitol ships?

Yes, they have an effect, especially when they can bring their torpedos to bear, but they won't employ them until after the capital ship's shields go down. Personally, i've found that bombers, especially against the computer, is an excellent deterrant. I'll build a bunch of bombers for Coruscant and leave them on the ground. With enough, any small to midsized Rebel fleet will turn tail and run, unless they have alot of fighters in their docking bays to take care of your bombers.

2. Why can't you assasinate rebel players after they have been captured? This is bull because they will eventually escape.

think about it, assasination is one thing, interogation, torture, and murder in your own captivity is another. i really wish those were viable mission options, but unfortunately, they're not.

3. If you don't wan't your shield gens blown up by sappers, does the presence of stormtrooper regiments lower chance of rebel success? If not what does if anything.

All troops help, the highter the detection value, the better. Generals also help. Ground based fighters also have detection ratings and are improved by ground assigned commanders, but remember, you do have only 30 characters for the whole galaxy, and not all of them can hold ranks. you also have to make a decision, do you want to spend that much maintenance and refined materials in building defenses on every planet you hold? or would you rather fill it up with mines and refineries. remember, if its assaulted and there's no defenses there, if you have a ship with a decent bombardment modifier and one or two squads of bombers in that ship in that sector, in a couple days, all of that maintenance is back in your hands with one good orbital bombardment. of course that system has to be loyal to you, which gets us back to diplomacy being one of, if not the most, important mission in the game.

4. Who cant be assasinated Luke and who else?

luke, leia, han, mon mothma can't be assasinated. vader and the emperor can't be killed either.