Hyperdrive editing

taurus1520

I like to edit the hyperdrive ratings of all my ships to bring them closer to the way travel is in the SW universe. I know in prior posts it has been mentioned that the hyperdrive rating of the Millenium Falcon is 50, and that there is no way to change the rate of characters travelling between systems that are not on ships. But, some of those posts are old now, and I was wondering if anyone had discovered how to change them within the game yet. I get frustrated playing against the AI and it sends a character or unit on a mission that will take 30+ days to occur. Not much challenge when I can put my units on a ship and fly it to a nearby system, thus cutting down the mission time drastically.

Currently I am planning on replacing a capital ship with a YT-1300 and make it available only to the Rebs (when I play as the Rebs) and call it the Millenium Falcon. That way I can have others (like Chewbacca or Calrissian) pilot the Falcon, especially if Han is captured. Has anyone else tried this?

Also, I apologize for my newbie-ness, but where is a good place to read about all this DLL modifying I have been reading about in some of the posts?

So far as I know there's no way to lower the time chars need in hyperspace.

Just like you I use YT-1300 or Shuttle to move my commando units all around the galaxy.

As for DLL modifying, well you need Resource Hacker for it (find it in the download section) the stuff in the DLL includes, pictures, sounds, Strings (names, ranks), tactical model, fighters, interface. The stats are in the DAT files in the GDATA folder, those can be edited through RebEd, such as the hyperdrive rating for ships, fighters.

We had, a while ago, a list with all the DLL and what you might find in each of them. It wasn't fully detailed, but I don't even know if it's still online.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Just had a thought. Is there a way to disable people/spec forces being allowed onto ships?

At least you're levelling the playing field then. Plus you can't orbit and launch loads of sab missions one after another.

The loss of Admiral as a useful rank would be irritating, but I could live with that.

Guest JediIgor

Just like you I use YT-1300 or Shuttle to move my commando units all around the galaxy.

As for DLL modifying, well you need Resource Hacker for it (find it in the download section) the stuff in the DLL includes, pictures, sounds, Strings (names, ranks), tactical model, fighters, interface. The stats are in the DAT files in the GDATA folder, those can be edited through RebEd, such as the hyperdrive rating for ships, fighters.

We had, a while ago, a list with all the DLL and what you might find in each of them. It wasn't fully detailed, but I don't even know if it's still online.

Actually, I remember this was documented somewhere, when you use Han Solo to move around characters or special forces, they hyperspace around twice as fast. Put the Falcon to good use! :D

Actually, I remember this was documented somewhere, when you use Han Solo to move around characters or special forces, they hyperspace around twice as fast. Put the Falcon to good use! :D

Yep, it's in the game manual..... it's supposed to simulate traving by the Falcon. You just have to group the additional characters or units with Han Solo.

Guest JediIgor

I used it during a multiplayer game, to transport a whole bunch of people to Seswenna.. it was almost like cheating.. heck I ended up with all the planets but Coruscant belonging to me in the first few 100 days just by diplomacy :D.

But if we could lower the time it takes for chars to go in hyperspace, it would be something indeed. Imagine charactes could buy items, or their own spaceships, with credits from the Rebellion/Empire's coffers and then being able to have faster travel speed/combat/etc 8O

• 2 weeks later...

I think i've still got that zipped-up on my hard dive if anybody wants it... :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif