Import/Export 3d models procedure

1510211371_Capturedcran2023-03-27221058.thumb.png.0524e0c6afede8afaa093bb25a68be92.pngHi guys,

I started to modify the game around christmas and now, i'm about to replace some ships.

I did it a couple of years ago but unfortunatly, i cant find the same infos i got in the past.

I spend a couple of hours diging in the pas threads but the infos are so old than the majority of the links are deads.

I want some help about model importing/exporting in the game. 

I read an old thread from "The Mask" who claimed that the 3d models were located in the "tactical.dll".

Help spoke about a tool named "model exchange" and a "modeling tutorial" who i can't find no more.

How you guys change the models in the game?

How do you figure what is the 3d model name?

Do you really use "UnWrap" to setup your ship textures?

All help will be welcome.

I thank you in advance.

Btw, i know i'll need to do some tests, i think my 3d models have way too much polys for the game engine 🙄

Contact me in discord. exca#6190

We recently release the Rebellion 25th anniversary patch. It contains 23/39 better 3D models.
However I retrieved many others from other games that could be even better, but i have yet to make them work as DirectX .x objects.

I'm sure we can work together on that.

I posted all "working" models I have collected & fixed here:

Edited by Metasharp