Changes to Account Features (Signup/Login)

Stratus

• SWR Staff - Executive

1. Admin Validation No Longer Required for Account Signup

One of the biggest complaints was not being able to get access to the site until I approved it at the end of each week. Effective immediately, administrator validation is no longer required at signup. Email validation is still required.  We are also requiring linking and/or providing your Discord username when registering.

If we start to see a large increase in spambots, we will re-enable administrator validation for new accounts. 

2. New social integrations/login methods have been added. If you already have an account, you may associate any of these account integrations (after logging in normally) for future login methods. Instead of using a password at our site, you can use "Sign in with ..."

Account Integration Methods (for login or signup)
-Google, Microsoft, Discord, Twitch, Spotify, Facebook, Twitter

Change Log

• Discord : I have resolved the issues for logging in with Discord and have enabled "Sign up with Discord" as an option. In order to create an account on the website (regardless of what authentication/login method), Discord username is required.
  • Twitch : Users can now sign up or login to SWR using their Twitch account.
  • Spotify : Spotify users can now sign up or login using Spotify.
  • Profile Fields I have added optional profile fields that you can edit after registration for listing social media and gaming such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Steam, Twitch, Spotify, GOG, Origin (EA).
  • Account Validation on Signup: Administrator validation no longer required. Email validation is still required to combat spambots.

• Stratus changed the title to Changes to Account Features (Signup/Login)

Copyright (c) 1999-2022 by SWRebellion Community - All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. Star Wars(TM) is a registered trademark of LucasFilm, Ltd. We are not affiliated with LucasFilm or Walt Disney. This is a fan site and online gaming community (non-profit). Powered by Invision Community