Mod proposal

Jakskomiksu

Hello
It's my 1st post on this forum so i'll try not to get banned from start (because of my not so good english). :P

I'm moderate fan of SW Reb from since it basicaly came out.
Unfortunately as most games do it's starded becamim quite mature giving a fact alternatives (TC / PC) are somwhat missing core points of modding gameplay.
So far i've tried to understand some mechaics under it but i weren't that successful as probably most dedicated users of this forum.
Still..

I'd like to thank to all who contributed to it all those years.

I'm sure it will be helpful if i share my thoughts for what it must be done for original game to be even better.

This sum up can be viewed as a starting point for (hopefully future as well) still active modders.

Note about Copyrights:
I'm trying not to break any law giving my thoughts about game or so to be improvements.

As Master_Xax mentioned in https://swrebellion.net/forums/topic/9383-reverse-engineer-swr/ that probably Core Code exists no more.
I agree on that assumption, base on facts that:
a) Lucas Arts~ haven't been punishing/ pursuing modders of newer SW games.
b) Since whole franchise become somewhat closer to the  interpretation of EU/international law it, it became quite comforting to not to think about black suits lawyers.
c) Since game can be viewed as abadonware (unless company will prove visualy they have uncyphered 1st version of it) it can be modded freely BUT free of charge.
d) I dont negate whichever copyrights or laws but i simply do not believe 1st copy hasn't been destroyed/ lost/ corrupted or ILLEGALY altered in all those years.  

General thoughts:

I don't join up all the whining to the galaxy map interpretation of the authors. This is Imperial era and so whole sector names and valuable planets are to be considered as important to this faction.

I haven't feel the need of visual representation of the ground battles - SW duh... should be focusing on the space (scale) clashes.

Main issues to the gameplay i have:

- MISSING THE OPTION TO MAKE YOUR OWN KEY BINDINGS AND MACROS!

- Possibility of editing galaxy map/ planets (both their minatures and decriptions) for all those in love with legend/ expanded universe/ cannon like view of it.
  I like the new view from Probotectionklaus' mod but it messes up whole miniatures/pictures.  

- There are few units/ ships/ characters which could be added - not replace existing ones

- Gameplay tempo starts to feel up from the winning side perspective. - no clue how to fix that yet (i used to simply play on HQ victory conditions)

- Going rebels is always pretty much the same strategy - repetitions can be boring after some time - so i'd suggest adding at least mechanic
  to the imperial ocupation that negates at least partialy smuggling benefits for rebels - fe. hunters guild improving slowly allignment of planet
  to the imperial side without additional diplomats - slowest rate possible

- Speciality missions like Abduction/Assasination could get a little possibility +factor for the imperials

- Also whole spec-ops should be payed in total maintenance cost - -1/-2/-3 it should balance them even more and prevent whole scenarios based only on character missions (c'mon there is no war without an army ;) )

- Rebels army regiment should get buffed at least a bit - like in probotectionklaus mod (this at steam community forum).

- Neutral words (aquatic colour) should be at least defendable - i mean if there are some stations / units on the orbit and ground
  When anybody disovers how to read this i'd suggest expanding in editing options of uninhabited(officialy) words too. - sth like real neutral/ deserted outposts - geat for some events

- I'd love to see some more advance stuff done, like posibility of adding more events & factions (part of Katan fleet? on random rim world)

- The hiperspace speed have been found out and i cheer for an option where some worlds could have dedicated trade routes giving bonus to that (marked on strategy map)
   I also dont agree with vision where the routes are the only hyperjourney option. - Back in the days words have just starting points in the system which were considered as coordinates gates.
   But i dont believe an alliance or imperials have access for all the jump coords including those of private sectors/ or corporations.

- The possibility of editing the basic faction capital to the any location gives the alternate option of TC- i just imagine the wars and conflicts based on the only 'outer rim' systems
  But then i don't know yet how to block or even edit the core worlds into the more useful form to do that.

- I have always missed the option to re launch fighters at the tactical battle screen - it was mentioned in 1 thread and i fully agree with that
  it would be ideal to make this option possible for every group (red/blue/gold/green) individualy

- It would be interestin to add variable to the tactical space battle that makes starting points base on fact what the stationary fleet is defending

- Probotectionklaus' mod tries to rebalance some of military/defence structures but i've found out it's almost impossible
  to bombard out a lvl 2 shield gen planet (2600def?) and imagine it can be build more times?

- Some of new mechanics propositions weren't considered - no1 was moving in these directions as far as im aware so it will be certainly difficult to make any of them possible.

When i will have any new ideas i will repost them below.

Once again great thanks to all authors of mods especialy Probotectionklaus(group? iniciative) - love the new models and unit types i wish they were added thou not replaced.

I have an idea for 2nd post where i'll briefly shortcut all the threads needed for those improvements to be reconsidered possible(if not today then in the nearest future).

Below i add download link to the .zip containing brief decriptions of some basic stuff along with keybindings options(missing in original readme!? - Thanks to Praetor Pyro aka Cra z P sy)
and planet descriptions for those who'd want to rethink which could be replaced for their newer adversaries.

NO CODE INCLUDED

https://files.fm/f/cz7ya6v8g

PS. If anybody could pm me how to make any key alterings or macros if it is even possible?

Edited by Jakskomiksu