Question

AdmiralPiett

I haven't used RebEd in a while, and just recently started using it again. But when I use it now, the entire program is "shrunk" and I can't get to the "Load Card", button and i cannot expand it anymore, etc... And I've even reinstalled it and it still does not work. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has a solution.

Alert All Commands, and prepare forward tractor beams, Lieutenant. AHH! What happened to our uniforms! They're BACKWARDS!

(watch the end of ESB, the rank badges switch sides for a scene, oops!)

Shrunk ? You mean like a resized window ? If it's that: you can resize RebeEd's dialog windows by going the the edge of that window and drag it to any size you want.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

the window size is correct...but the menus , pictures, etc... are cutoff. I can edit values etc on things but cant load cards.

Ill try reinstalling rebellion and rebed and see if that helps any..thanks

Alert All Commands, and prepare forward tractor beams, Lieutenant. AHH! What happened to our uniforms! They're BACKWARDS!

First of all, I have Rebed Ver. .26, if you know of a newer version please send it to me or tell me where to get it.

Second, I solved my first problem. My screen DPI resolution was set to large, and for some reason it affected the window view. So thats fine.

But now, I have a problem saving settings. I may save one set of settings, lets say with 3 new characters, and I have a different settings file that those three people are the standard Rebellion characters.

When I save the second file and change the characters, it changes the other set of settings too, So that both files have the same 3 people changed. And it works vice-versa. When I restore someone on 1 file, it alters the other file too. Any ideas would be WONDERFUL. Thanks.

Yeh, i've had a lot of trouble saving changes i've made. Normally it means i can only ever have one set of settings saved. Whih is annoying, but doesn't really affect the game too badly.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Part of the problem is that when you start RebEd, it automatically loads the last settings you put in. So if you start editing from that point forward you can mess up your previous settings. What I do now is to make sure I have a clean install of Rebellion, open RebEd, then save the settings so I have a save with all the standard settings. Everytime I want to create a new scenario, I load the standard settings and start working from there.

Hope this helps.

Guy

My poor Gamorrean brain just doesn't think of things like that.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest JediIgor

I'm assuming that when you "save settings" it simply saves everything in the DLL.. that is the easy way to go about it after all.

If you want individual cards saved, just save the cards.. individually... :P

Right, saving cards is simple...and different than saving all th overall settings.

Yeah, so just have one game going at a time and you should be okay.

Yeah...but it sucks cause I can only have one set of settings.

Well i don't know about you, but i tend to start a game, play it through to the end, and then start another, whenever i want to start a new game i change the settings to what i want for that game. I can see how it might be annoying if you have a couple of regular opponents on the net who use different settings, but apart from that it's all patience.

Guest JediIgor

If you want to have multiple sets of settings, make a copy of all of your DLL files and dump it to a folder. Then change your settings as much as you want, and if you want to restore your old settings, copy the DLLs from the folder into the Rebellion folder back again.

Same goes for your new settings, you can dump it in a folder as well.

Sounds like it would just be simpler to change the settings each time...little patience have I...hmmm...

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Mmm, yes, anger, anger and fear i sense, the dark side i see.

Too old, yes, too old you are to begin your training.

When 31 years old you are, look this good will you?!

hehehehe...hmmm.... :roll:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!