Damage Control

Triskozko

Question

So what is better, High dmg control or Low dmg control??

(the encyclopedia or the game manual should really tell you about all these stats :x )

The mon cal cruiser has a very high dmg control rating: 50. And because in the ship description it says it is "difficult to repair" i first thought that high dmg control was bad.

But then at some website this guy notes that the mon cal cruiser is, among other things, "very easy to repair (despite the description)", so now im not sure if high or low is better and id like to know.

9 answers to this question

I fairly confident that it's the lower the better; hence the description in the game manual with one of the highest dmg control ratings in the game; in short they take bloody ages to repair! Think how quickly Carracks and Corvettes repair.. Anyway, it makes sense; it's the differance between repairing a modern Cruise liner or modern warship and a your average fishing trawler... I reckon by experiance... I think...
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I fairly confident that it's the lower the better; hence the description in the game manual with one of the highest dmg control ratings in the game; in short they take bloody ages to repair! Think how quickly Carracks and Corvettes repair.. Anyway, it makes sense; it's the differance between repairing a modern Cruise liner or modern warship and a your average fishing trawler... I reckon by experiance... I think...

I always thought that a higher damage control rating was better.

This FAQ suggests that a higher DCR means the ship repairs more quickly, there is an example under section 4 a vi : http://www.911cheats.com/games/sect/div/cont/list_cheat/spray/y/id/0000020437/gid/0000002533/_cheats/_walkthroughs/_codes/_pc/_n64/_psx/_gameboy/_pl%5C

The Medium transport has a DCR of 5...I can't believe that the second most weakest ship in the game would repair itself more quicky than say an ISD. I realise that an ISD is bigger and when it's damaged, the repair process would be more complicated, but even so the amount of crew on board would make light work of repairs.

I also think Carracks are far superior to Corvettes in terms of repairing themselves.

"You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master." - Vader

maybe Damage control is how fast a ship can get vital systems online during battle. Say your engines are knocked out, a low dmg ctrl ship might take longer to bring its engines back online.

Or maybe it refers to the ammount of damage taken per hit?

It's the first one, a vessel with a higher DCR repairs itself faster. It brings the engines higher online, then the hyperdrive, then shields, weapons, and tractors are the last.

Outside a battle situation a ship with a higher DCR repairs itself faster, it is even faster when its in a system with shipyards. And of course it depends of the damage, if only its shields rating was reduced or if it suffered hull damage in battle.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

So maybe moncla's take so long to repair because tehy so much "life" and can soak alot of damage.

I've seen Mon Calamari Cruisers repair quickly in a battle. It really depends if they are badly damaged, like hull damage. You are right in one respect, they can "soak alot of damage" because of the high hull value (2400). It's the same with the ISD and Victory classes. If a ship has hull damage, it will take a long time for it to repair, but the advantage of a higher hull value is, the ship is more difficult to destroy. Imperial ships mostly have higher hull value ratings than Rebel ships but lack the high shield recharge rating and DCR that the later Rebel ships have.

"You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master." - Vader

mon cal is difficult to repair, so if damaged, it takes a long time to repair, but it also says "most reliable in combat". the mon cal had the highest in the game, and higher is better. the only thing that lower is better is hyperdrive.