Couple of things.

malanthor

The pirates as they currently stand are too powerful. Now dont get me wrong, i like pirates that pack a punch. That way you cant just ignore them.

But as it cyrrently stands they are as much as threat as an extra player. I am not sure if the pirate vessels are too powerful ship wise, but they do come in huge swarms which make that issue not relevant. Here is an example: I had 3 fully uppgraded golan platforms, like 30 turbolasers and a cap ship giving them all a nice damage bonus. Research wise i didnt have every uppgrade but i had quite a few. And along comes the normal huge pirate swarm and just mowes through my defences. I mean come on, these are frickin pirates we are talking off. :)

I suggest reducing the number of pirates. And this is not a matter of me crying because i cant handle them, its easy to do so, you just send them at your opponent every time til you have a defence that can handle them. But thats very booring because it forces you to do JUST THAT and nothing else. And also it forces you to be a weakling that has to deal with pirates instead of blowing them away. (which makes me an angry panda)

Another thing, i would humble suggest that you started focusing on individual research trees to make each faction more unique. Right now it feels more like the same faction over and over with a fresh new paint to sprite things up. Whats the point in having multiple factions when they all feels like one? =)

This is also very easy. All it takes is some creativity and then some booring work to get it done, and offcource the 2d pictures if you want something beyond the standard sins stuff. Im assuming this is all very booring stuff to do, but in my humble oppinion this is what the game needs right now. Not some tiny graphical uppgrades or small fix that most people wont even notice.

And finally, thank you for this great mod and for all the effort put into it.

Pirates are a work in progress. I know how to fix them up, to regulate them, but I just don't have the time to do it right now thanks to finals.

I agree with you that tech needs work and I am planning to re-haul the costs of things before the next public release. Though, to be entirely honest, tech isn't my area of expertise; the fact is we still lack some ship models and a few that we do have need rigging. That, for me personally, is what I'm prioritizing as that's what I can do well and effectively. Zoommooz still has some plans for tech, last I checked, so I do look forward to what he will contribute.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• SWR Staff - Executive

This is also very easy.

Please volunteer then :)

We're more than willing to take changes that people provide, as I'm sure Lavo doesn't have time to do everything.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Hehe easy for someone of lavos or your own caliber. ;)

I did manage to do it like a year ago when i tried it out, renamed and mooved some research around atleast. That was the reason why i said it was easy, when a slacker like myself can do it pros like yourself can prob do it blind folded. Hehe. I honestly dont have the slightest recollection of how i did it though, or i would offer to maybe do one of the factions research wise. I think one need to have a clear direction before proceeding though, how do one want the different factions gameplay to work so as to not waste time making something that aint really suitable.