List and Observations in BETA testing MK II

Planetkillerzz

Lower your settings and see if that works. If not; there's nothing that can be done, the Sins engine cannot support that game anymore due to RAM/CPU limitations.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Empire cannot build supercaps right now. It says requires research "this exists for the AI to function correctly," also something about requiring a different faction. There is also no option anywhere to build a supercap foundry. edit: seems like other factions have this problem as well.

research related: you can build the bothan assault cruiser without having to research it first.

imo the mon cal carrier should get more than 3 squadrons. it isn't worth researching if the nebula class is cheaper and better.

unrelated minor bug: when you run out of logistics points the little icons that you click on to build ships all change to different pictures. edit: portraits seem to change when you can't afford to buy ships as well.

empire seems to have no cheap ship to take over metal/crystal extractors. you have to buy the gladiator which is quite expensive.

minor annoyance with gladiator: when you try and select the ship by making a box with your mouse, it keeps selecting the fighter/bomber squadron instead. to get around this i simply stopped building squadrons with the gladiator. this was present in the entrenchment ver as well.

of course the other obvious issue is that many research options all say "unlocks constructor (often multiple times)," but you guys probably already knew that.

Empire cannot build supercaps right now. It says requires research "this exists for the AI to function correctly," also something about requiring a different faction.

Not a bug; you build supercaps via an ability on your starting supercap foundry; supercaps require the same research as they did in Ent.

There is also no option anywhere to build a supercap foundry. edit: seems like other factions have this problem as well.

This is intentional; allowing people to build supercap foundries would break too many things related to their spawning method. As such, every faction starts with one at their homeworld. If one wants to have additional factories, the map must be edited in order to have other planets start with one.

research related: you can build the bothan assault cruiser without having to research it first.

Need to fix that; thanks.

imo the mon cal carrier should get more than 3 squadrons. it isn't worth researching if the nebula class is cheaper and better.

That would make it way too OP. Remember, it has the Full Squadrons ability.

unrelated minor bug: when you run out of logistics points the little icons that you click on to build ships all change to different pictures. edit: portraits seem to change when you can't afford to buy ships as well.

Could have sworn I uploaded my fix for that already; I'll upload the fix tomorrow evening.

empire seems to have no cheap ship to take over metal/crystal extractors. you have to buy the gladiator which is quite expensive.

This has been the case since 1.0E; it will not be changed.

minor annoyance with gladiator: when you try and select the ship by making a box with your mouse, it keeps selecting the fighter/bomber squadron instead. to get around this i simply stopped building squadrons with the gladiator. this was present in the entrenchment ver as well.

This is due to how the engine treats ships with a FrigateColony statCountType; nothing can be done to change this- Wait a second, the Imps have the Sentinel now. Thus, I think that the Gladiator might not need to have that statCountType. I will look into changing this.

of course the other obvious issue is that many research options all say "unlocks constructor (often multiple times)," but you guys probably already knew that.

This is also intentional; these give the AI access to additional star base constructors (all of which do the same thing). It's a sort of carrot-on-a-stick to try and encourage the AI to research things.

CIS munificient SD craps out constructor ships instead of clones when using the sensor scramble ability. you can build starbases with the constructors if you do it before time runs out and they disappear.

Mon Remonda didn't warp in. It just said "we've lost our titan!" and then nothing happened.

It feels weird when ships level up but there is no ability to upgrade. CIS Malevolence levels up but has nothing to click on. From the very start it has an extra level.

Mon Remonda didn't warp in. It just said "we've lost our titan!" and then nothing happened.

As noted in the latest update, I'm working on this bug.

It feels weird when ships level up but there is no ability to upgrade. CIS Malevolence levels up but has nothing to click on. From the very start it has an extra level.

It can't be helped.

What exactly do you mean? You should be able to give it movement orders...

yes you can give it movement orders but it doesnt move. it seemed like it was too close to the planet when it warped in so it couldn't turn.

could have been just a 1 time random bug. i will try it again.

edit: confirmed, mandator is stuck.

edit: empire allegiance class is also stuck. have not tested other supercaps so it is possible that more may be stuck as well.

Every planet now warps close to the planet it seems. I'll look into this some more, but now supercaps don't have a spawn bug, so it's a move in the right direction.

Every planet now warps close to the planet it seems. I'll look into this some more, but now supercaps don't have a spawn bug, so it's a move in the right direction.

The ships, you mean?

Also, I'm looking to amend some of the in-game icons (the ones which appear on the maps in lieu of she ship or structure models); where are they located?

It's been a while since I poked in the files, so if you could refresh my memory, I'd appreciate it.

The ships, you mean?

Also, I'm looking to amend some of the in-game icons (the ones which appear on the maps in lieu of she ship or structure models); where are they located?

It's been a while since I poked in the files, so if you could refresh my memory, I'd appreciate it.

Yeah. I've found the cause, fixed it; will upload fix soon.

Unit_Infocard2.tga is where the actual icon are, and MainViewIcon-X.brushes (in the Window folder) is where they are "defined" so you can put them in an entity file.

It would appear that one of the newer versions has made it so that the mod doesn't boot up at start-up. The mod is in the right place and has worked fine for many versions before the newest ones.

Can you explain more? I haven't had any such issues, at all, but I've heard of this before, even with the public release. Usually people come back to me, after I try to help them out countless times, having been able to get the mod working as usual after various efforts, or they just report it and disappear.

I've no real idea how it happened, I'd stopped playing the game altogether for a few weeks and updated the mod before loading it up. For whatever reason it's just booting the normal game.

I'll re install and see if that sorts it out.

Are you guys still planning to add more ships? There are still lots of open slots is the reason I ask. I forget which faction it was that only had like 2 or 3 cruisers to choose from with all other slots empty. edit: just checked and it was NR that only has 2 cruisers if you don't count the CC-7700 and the constructor. Do you think the CC-2200 and 7700 should be in the frigate slots instead? also just noticed that the Empire broadside M-CRS is a capital ship. Is this done on purpose? I only ask because in the Ent version it was a cruiser.

Also I think the NR had double of those refitted dreadnoughts (forget what they are called now), 1 in the cruiser slot and 1 in the cap ship slot. I guess it was probably done on purpose just like the Imp SD's and the Nebula SD's.

The Alliance, which is who you are likely thinking of, can build Assault Frigate Mk.IIs both as capital ships and as frigates; this is due to it being the Alliance's siege ship and the AI will die without a FrigateSiege.

We aren't planning to add in more ships at the current time. I do plan to re-organize the frigate/cruiser menus however. And yes, many ships that were formally cruisers were "changed" into capital ships in Rebellion, see here for more details.

Once again, this is not a bug; any ship which has Buzz Droids cannot build them. I did this intentionally so the AI would not build them as they cannot make use of the Buzz Droids ability.

been playing a few games and im getting swarmed by the AI. I tried your new quick start thing (medium) with a high income planet and wow that AI rushes with like 40 or so capital ships. I had a mon remonda and like 20 dauntless class ships and got overwhelmed by a normal AI with a crap load of level 3 cap ships, along with TWO genosian dreadnoughts. The AI makes a good mix of ship types, not really spamming 1 type of ship.

I guess with all the money I could have massed a bigger fleet but I figured once I got the MC80B it would probably be game over. AI attacked on 2 fronts and just completely overwhelmed my fleet. my shipyard planet with 4 golans and loads of defenses held ok though. I just had never seen a fleet that big from a normal AI before. wow.