Super Capitals

zygon2004

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious. How do I build a super-cap?

I've researched the technology but it says a "super-capital factory is required."

After reading the forums for a while it sounds like it's an ability assigned to a capital factory, but I see no option beyond building the starting captial ships.

Thanks. :-)

I believe the map was called Hutt space.

I see what you mean, I loaded a small map that started with the super cap facility, but it's only for 3 players. Can you point me to larger maps that are compatable with the new super cap mechanic?

Thanks.

Now I'm more confused. If I load Sith Defense or Sith Invasion with the Vong faction, the super cap factory is there. If I load either of those maps with the Rebellion or Empire, there are no structures at all.

Is there something different I should do when I start with those?

Further confusion. It doesn't always appear with the same map. The Centrality is what I tried next and it seems to appear occasionally when I choose a random faction but I haven't got it to show up when I choose any of them myself.

Got-cha. Sorry for the silly questions, I assumed the starwars maps were the ones designed for the mod, I should have tried the others. :-)

Nah, they're designed for the mod, they're just a WIP.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Hey sorry I aint been about much, ok the maps need fixing please point me in teh right direction > is it just a case of making all starting planets home planets ? Let me know ASAP and I can get them sorted this week, I finally have a small amount of spare time and might also get another couple of maps finished.

They just need to either use the default starting homeworld template, or spawn with a planet module called IMP:Module:SupercapFactory (where IMP, ALL, REP, NR, VNG, CIS are the race names) in the GalaxyScenarioDef file.

• 3 months later...

and it seems we can only have 1 supercap too. i finally got it to build one but the process to build them is complicated and confusing. the entrenchment version was much easier and you could have more than 1. i'm still not totally sure how i got to build it because of the autocast thing on the shipyard was confusing, and then it just kind of warps in instead of being built.

normal intuition is to click on the home planet and then click on the supercap button, but this doesn't work. it keeps saying that you need to research 1 point in "this exists for the AI to function correctly." and then the autocast thing on the shipyard spends your money for you even if you don't want it to. the worst part is that you are limited to only 1 supercap though. you have to choose which supercap you want between the two, you cannot research both.

so the way it stands right now I prefer the entrenchment version to this one.

The Entrenchment version had supercaps as being capital ships. The Rebellion version allows us to make supercaps their own entity type. Further, in Rebellion you cannot build Titans like regular ships; there is a hard cap of 1 and the rebuilt Titan will respawn with all it's XP. If it weren't for this method, you could only have 1 supercap period. Further, a big reason why people could build both supercaps in the past was that modders couldn't lock out ships like they can now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just played a game with Empire where I had 4 titans somehow. I didn't realize it, but I randomly heard "we've lost our titan!" so I zoomed in to check my supercap and she was fine, but I had 3 more waiting for me at my home planet somehow. I had lots of resources but it wouldn't build more than 4 total. This was the smaller Emp supercap, not the executor.

edit: actually maybe I only had 4 because i stopped researching logistics. I wonder if there is no limit to supercaps?

No, that's normal. The "weaker" supercap has a cap of 4, which is the Allegiance in the Empire's case. It's the trade-off between two supercaps; one might not be as powerful, but you can field more of them.

No, that's normal. The "weaker" supercap has a cap of 4, which is the Allegiance in the Empire's case. It's the trade-off between two supercaps; one might not be as powerful, but you can field more of them.

what about for other factions where the two supercap choics are more equal? CIS for example can only have 1 Malevolence. Can 1 Allegiance SD kill 1 Malevolence? I'm pretty sure 4 Allegiance can kill 1 Malevolence fairly easily. And 1 Executor vs 1 Malevolence is just... on another scale completely. So why even choose the Malevolence over the Genosian dreadnought if you can get 4 dreadnoughts? it would be the same for the Mon Remonda or Mandator vs Executor or Viscount. You would need at least 4 MC80B's versus an Executor or Viscount class.