Abilities for new Imperial/Empire capital ships

RazorUK84

I started adding this to Mantis, but the errors on the page were getting to me.

Playing beta Revision 892

There is an issue with the capital ship abilities for the empire. The Tector and SD-C work fine, but for the others there seems to be a crossover between cruiser abilities and capital ship ones. The ships start with the abilities enabled, and when they level up you cannot upgrade them.

I haven't checked this for Republic and CIS yet.

Cruiser_ImpBroadsideCruiser

ability:0 "ABILITY_TORPEDOSALVO" => "ABILITY_TORPEDOVOLLEY

ability:1 "ABILITY_PENETRATINGWARHEADS" => "ABILITY_PENETRATINGWARHEADS2"

ability:2 "ABILITY_CLUSTERWARHEADS" = correct

ability:3 "ABILITY_SIEGETORPEDOES" => "ABILITY_SIEGETORPEDOES2"

Capital_ImpISDI

ability:0 "ABILITY_CRUISER_IONBLAST" => "ABILITY_CAPITAL_IONBLAST"

ability:1 "ABILITY_PROBOTS" => ?

ability:2 "ABILITY_AREATRACTOR" => ?

ability:3 "" => ?

"The Imperial I Star Destroyer is tasked to act as a heavy patrol and interception vessel..."

...Perhaps give it a capital ship version of intercept?

Edited by RazorUK84

Capital_ImpISDII

ability:0 "ABILITY_CRUISER_IONVOLLEY" => "ABILITY_CAPITAL_IONVOLLEY"

ability:1 "ABILITY_AREATRACTOR" => ?

ability:2 "" => ?

ability:3 "" => ?

"The Imperial II Star Destroyer is focused on providing heavy fire-support and starfighters"

...how about an anti-fighter ability and rapid fighter manufacturing?

No, these ships intentionally do not have levelable abilities. I noticed this here. If you looked you'd also notice that the capitals with abilities that can level up, such as the ISD-C, cost more supply than the ones which start with all their abilities. ;)

Cluster Warheads was originally made as to allow it to be upgraded via research, for the AI to better manage the ability. It's technically a step backwards when you get it to level 2, though I'll let the player choose whether they want either level, or even if they want the ability at all, as I don't mind that in truth.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Sorry, I did read that post thoroughly as the new system really interests me and I think it's a great way to have gone.

My issue during play was that I tend to keep an eye on my ships leveling up during a battle via the side list and kept flicking to the the ships that had the + against the icon...it got a bit annoying in my fleet of about 15 capital ships as I wasn't quite sure which ones I could actually upgrade without flicking through them.

So my instinct was to assume that this was an unfinished feature and post.

Not sure if there's anything can be done in this with regards to the gui, or if maybe it's possible to just have the abilities upgrade ever so slightly just so the + can be handled?!

The only that can be done, which has already been done, is give all caps their own icon. If you look, under the SD, you will see the words "TECTR", "ISD-C", "ISD-1", and "ISD-2". The first two are what you want.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.