SoGE GalaxyForge Planet Icons

Ludo Kressh

Yes, they've been made. Over 200 icons complete AND LABELED for your mad-mapping enjoyment. Please note, they are NOT meant to be pretty, but they really get the job done. Each planet was created from its own in-game texture, so they're all unique, besides the uniform white/black text used. :P

Asteroids, some interstellar phenomena (IE: plasma storms, nebulae, starweirds, etc), comets, and some of the more specialized planet options (mainly the "Random" varieties) are not yet touched on due to their lack of need, ATM. And those starweirds scare the frak out of me. <_<

The asteroids and the like, however, may be done over the next week or so. Now, here are dah goodz:

http://www.speedyshare.com/file/4ykch/SoGE-GalaxyForge-Planet-Icons-1.0.rar

Here's how to use them:

1) Download GalaxyForge 3 - http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/downloads

2) Once dowloaded and extracted, go to the GameInfo folder of SoGE and copy the file "GalaxyScenarioDef.galaxyScenarioDef"

3) Paste "GalaxyScenarioDef.galaxyScenarioDef" in the main GalaxyForge folder and override the current one.

4) Download "SoGE GalaxyForge Planet Icons 1.0" and extract the "icons" folder within to the main GalaxyForge folder, and override the current one.

5) You're done! :D

Naturally, if any bugs appear, please do let me know in this thread. I'd appreciate it! Caek and wubz are also welcome. But not starweirds. :v

I think Lavo posted them publicly on the SoSE forums, so they're freely available for use with GalaxyForge, but I don't think there are plans to use with them the mod itself. To be honest, they were only ever to be used with GalaxyForge, as they're simply too ugly and utilitarian for use in game. xD They're meant to remind us what planets are what and so forth when we make maps, and little else beyond that. Personally, I do prefer the standard ones from NovaCameron's builds, simply because they look better/are not as shoddy as these.

I am slowly trying to make a replacement Unknown Planet icon (the default grey one), hopefully something similar to SG:I's (which is sweet). Also, asteroids, comets, and other things will also have new GalaxyForge icons created for them, but that's a little further down the road (but not too far).

Will this eventually make it into the mod proper?

This is for the GF; they serve no use for the mod itself. I guess you can say they're an official addon of sorts. :P

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• 3 months later...